Iranian Reactors & Fuel?

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Baron Max, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Updated 10:59 AM ET March 12, 2007

MOSCOW (AP) - The state-run Russian company building Iran's first nuclear power plant said Monday that the reactor's launch will be postponed because of Iranian payment delays.

Russia has accused Iran of paying only a fraction of the $25 million monthly payments for construction work at the Bushehr reactor in recent months, and warned that the funding delays would push back both the launch _ originally planned for September _ and the delivery of the uranium fuel needed to power the reactor.

"It will be impossible to launch the reactor in September, and there can be no talk about supplying fuel this month," Atomstroiexport said in a statement that followed the collapse of bilateral talks last week on the funding dispute. It accused the Iranians of failing to give a written obligation to resume funding for the project.

Iran has urged Russia to speed up the fuel delivery, but Russian officials said it would only be delivered six months before the plant's launch.

Three-day talks last week between Atomstroiexport officials and an Iranian delegation led by Mohammed Saeedi, the vice president of the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran, ended in failure.

Saeedi strongly denied any payment delays, but said that Iran was ready to provide more funds. He also strongly urged Russia to deliver uranium fuel for the plant this month, as earlier agreed.

Bushehr would be Iran's first nuclear power plant. Under pressure from Russia, the U.N. Security Council removed a reference to the project from sanctions against Iran over its atomic program.

The Kremlin then supported limited sanctions against Iran over its refusal to suspend uranium enrichment.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Hmm, ain't that interesting? Why would the Iranians want delivery of the nuclear fuel ....even though the reactors ain't up and ready??? Don't that strike anyone as a bit ....ahh, odd? ...suggestive, perhaps?

What are they planning to do with that nuclear fuel without working reactors? Are they just gonna' sit around a look at it?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Baron Max

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. phonetic stroking my banjo Registered Senior Member

Seems fairly reasonable to me. If somebody is paving your driveway, you'd want the different pieces to fall into place. Having the fuel in your hands is like having the paving slabs in your driveway - you know you've got one crucial part under your control and it's a matter of time before it all falls together.

Do you have the link to the story?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

Whatever they do with it, I'm sure it will be better than nuking 300,000 Japanese women and children.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

So you'd want big trucks to dump the sand, gravel and cement on your front yard ....even though no one is going to use that stuff to make the concrete for months????? Hmm.

Yep, good point. You could stare at the piles of sand, gravel and cement for weeks before the driveway is constructed. I'm sure you can see the wisdom of your thoughts, but I sure as hell can't!

I don't know how to do that ....which is why I gave the news organization information ....for you smart guys to pick it out. Sorry ...just ain't learned that shit yet on this computer. Now if there was a button I could click on....?

Check the ASS PRESS link, maybe it's there somewhere.

Baron Max

8. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Then again, maybe not.

But perhaps they'll be nice enough to warn us a few days in advance, huh? So the US can surrender to them? You'd like that, wouldn't you.

The US and Japan were fighting a declared war. You don't see the difference?

Baron Max

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

http://www.axisoflogic.com/artman/publish/printer_23778.shtml

Perhaps they're afraid of a repeat of the fraudulent Gulf of Tonkin incident.

10. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

The Iranians need nukes to keep from worrying about that?

And surely they can't expect to blast of a coupe of little nukes and stop the US from totally obliterating their nation, do they?

Odd to see you back posting the opinions of other again, Sam! But I suppose it was inevitable .....as you ain't so good at arguing things for yourself.

Baron Max

11. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

I say send it to them - the quicker they get the fuel, the sooner they get the bomb and the faster this whole ME thing can be resolved.

12. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

The US only attacks weaker nations.

13. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

I'm not so sure that I don't agree with you, Michael. In fact, I've often wondered why we just don't give a few ready-made nukes to Iran and al-Queda and a few of the other radical Muslim bastards and let nature take it's course.

A few million people dead, several million radiated and dying, ....what the hell, they'd die soon anyway!

Baron Max

14. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

You think that a few little nukes would make that shit-hole nation of Iran anything but a shit-hole nation? C'mon, Sam ....Iran is so far in the Stone fuckin' Age that it ain't even funny!

Baron Max

15. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Nothing to do with the topic.

16. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

No, Sam, it was right dead on target. Would you give a fuckin' Stone Age prehistoric man a fuckin' nuke, then hand him the little detonator?

"Revenge is mine, sayeth the Muslims of the world."

Baron Max

17. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Well it appears the cavemen already have the nukes and have used them in lieu of beating their chests.

18. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

But those cavemen have only used them twice in all of history ....and have shown great restraint ever since. Yet you want to give nukes to more cavemen, ones that you don't even know, and give them the detonators .....for what reason???? Revenge for something that happened in the past, perhaps? ...like good Muslims always seem to point out??

Baron Max

19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Even a child knows that the big fat boy who beats him up for his lunch money is a bully, not a leader.

Whether he beats him with a baseball bat or his fists is not the issue.

20. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

And so you want to give everyone else baseball bats, too? And that will solve ......what? For revenge, perhaps, Sam????

Baron Max

21. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

They do say that bullies are the biggest cowards.

22. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

So you suggest that we give everyone nukes, then see who backs down first? ...then the others can tease him for being a coward?

Is that your idea, Sam, or did I read something into your post that wasn't there? If so, perhaps you can tell me what you actually meant, okay?

Baron Max

23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I think everyone should disarm their nukes, before telling others what they can or cannot do.
    A bully with a baseball bat, knife and gun telling everyone to be nonviolent seems rather self defeating.