Daylight Savings Time = Global Warming!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Brutus1964, Mar 11, 2007.

1. Brutus1964 We are not alone! Registered Senior Member

Scientists claim that the Earth is warming, and human activities such as driving SUV’s, and even cow flatulence are to blame. I believe I have finally discovered the real cause of global warming. The culprit is none other than Daylight Savings Time.

Changing from standard to Daylight Time creates an additional hour of daylight while at the same time gives us one hour less of night. This gives the sun an extra hour to heat the Earth and reduces the amount of night time for the Earth to cool itself down. The result is a heating of the Earths surface. This year we may see an increase in global warming do to the fact that the evil Republican Congress moved Daylight Savings time ahead three weeks. This may prove to be even more catastrophic since there will now be even more global warming causing daylight.

The new enlightened Democrat Congress must act now and eliminate Daylight Savings Time to curb the threat of global warming. It may even be necessary to enact Night Time Savings Time to offset decades of the destructive effects of Daylight Savings Time. Call Algore! Call Nancy Pelosi! Demand that they immediately enact Night Time Savings Time. Our very existence may depend on it. Do it for the children!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

How enthralling.

Tell me more.

(I could go over the fallacies in your post, but I'm not gonna bother.)

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

Does anyone recall the reason DST was changed? Was it to reduce the demand for gas? Someone tell me. I wanna be in the know.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Facial Valued Senior Member

This logic, at best, is competitive with that of a peanut's.

8. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

I think it is called satire? Reductio ad Absuderum.

9. Free_Matt_417 The CIA took my baby away Registered Senior Member

Please, if you ever post again, remember to use your brain.

Daylight savings doesn't add an extra hour of sunlight. It's the same amount of sunlight, it's just that our clocks are different.

Instead of the sun coming up at seven, it comes up at six. This doesn't mean the sun is pending more time heating the earth, because if it rises at six, then it sets around seven, instead of setting around eight.

Gee, i thought you woulda sorted this one out yourself.

10. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

I can't believe you guys thought he was serious.
    It has always been to reduce energy consumption. That may have made sense during WWII but it's preposterous today. Most businesses run on 24 hour cycles and keep everything running day and night.

Daylight Saving Time should be illegal. If America is that serious about saving energy, we could cut our petroleum consumption by something like 20% by making telecommuting mandatory for all jobs that are not hands-on.