How Great Is 'God'?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Doomdayx, Mar 9, 2007.

1. Doomdayx Registered Senior Member

How great is god?

Is god to be worshipped?

For some people, “God is great who resides somewhere up in the sky, sitting on his highest heaven; and he is the only one to be worshipped! There is no other to be worshipped but the great god; because he is the only king”; oh, I am sorry, “the only god in the sky!”

However:

Such religious understandings of great gods, which were made up by people because of their failure for various reasons to comprehend the Rasul of Allah Mohammed Mustafa (peace be upon him) as the voice of the truth (haqiqah) and the most magnificent brain that has ever lived on earth, and his explanations, started to conquer the societies with a view of violence that leads to terror…

Meanwhile, some thinking brains, far away from any kind of conflicts and political concerns, are engaged in trying to construct their eternal lives under the guidance of the implications that the names ““Allah” and the “SunnatAllah” refer to.

Please read the rest of the article at http://ahmedbaki.com/english/ and discuss what you think!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. nova900 more spirituality,less dogma Registered Senior Member

Sufism sounds similar to the beliefs of gnostic christians as well as the ancient egyptians.
    The "hidden divinity" concept.

I suppose sufism is not popular with mainstream Islam?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Turtle Guest

God could make you sing with a voice of Britney Spears and dance like Michael Jackson. He could change your mind in a second and from that time one you will read and run backwards. My advice to everyone; don't wish too much.

I know, How he could do all that?
    On a similar way than you to your computer. He will upload software in your brains and that's it, science fiction but true. Remember he is Almighty.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

That says it ALL, doesn't it?
    Thanks.

8. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Good grief, get thee to museum!

9. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Will he make me shave my head and sleep with young boys, too?

Alrighty.

10. Doomdayx Registered Senior Member

It is not populer with some late materialistic and politically oriented muslims who are believers of an outer god, far from and foreign to spiritual understanding of Islam. The article I linked in my previous post explains it better.

Sufi is a western word. Among Muslims it is awliyah (saints), ahlullah (people of Allah) and people of Truth (haqiqah). Almost all the Islamic spiritual wisdom since Mohammed (pbuh) has been carried to our day by sufis beginning with Ali and Abubakr, Mohammed's Caliphs and closest companions. They are respected as enlightened masters of higher awareness and loving attitude.

11. Turtle Guest

It is your desire to do so. But he could make shave your head or even worse, you could go bald.

12. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

But, you said your god 'could change your mind in a second.' And you said that 'he could make shave your head or even worse.'

My desires mean nothing, your god controls me. I have no free will.

Then, he will make me sleep with young boys, even though that's not what I had in mind.

So, which is it? Free will or sim game?

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Hah! Thats what they all say.

14. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Thank you for quantifying that. That is exactly and entirely the point.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. Turtle Guest

Let's say you were in war or had a hard childhood (whatever, you named) your spirit is vulnerable. To avoid the evil act or desire that is no good to other people is a simple solution, pray and believe. When you believe in a super natural power the Believe will heal you. If not, go to church, priest will help you. He got connections with God.

Copy from the net;
    Save us from the time of trial.
    God tempts no one to sin, but we ask in this prayer that God would watch over us and keep us so that the devil, the world, and our sinful self may not deceive us and draw us into false belief, despair, and other great and shameful sins. And we pray that even though we are so tempted we may still win the final victory.

16. Redefine91 I piss excellence Registered Senior Member

Or he could let you keep your hair and wrap a turban around it then go and spread peace by blowing a couple dozen old ladies to kingdom come in his name.

17. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

DELUSION++

18. Doomdayx Registered Senior Member

Atheiists are right. Gods are delusions. It is discussed in the above article.

19. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Going out on a limb here, English isn't your first language?

What's a spirit?

Praying and believing in supernatural powers does nothing, thousands of children still die every day from starvation. Or, is that what your god wants?

Are those priests who have connections with your god the same priests that molest young boys?

20. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

GOD DOESNT ASK US TO WORSHIP... GOD ASKS US TO OBEY.

if you worship everyday.... but go home and sin... then... you are not obeying... and so... worshipping is meaningless.

-MT

21. lightgigantic Banned Banned

greater than you or me or anyone else - hence his status
    easier said than done since it requires that one be free from envy of god
    its not clear whether the writer would prefer to worship a god that does not hold an exclusive position or if you are unaware that higher that a higher mode of worship includes the worship of things related to him
    ???
    such an understanding has a basis in understanding the exclusive nature of god's position - trying to knock god down a notch in the name of human civility will not solve the problem - in fact it will make it worse since god is about the only thing humans have in common (apart from sleeping, eating and mating, which tend to be causes for violence even amongst the animals)

22. kerux Registered Senior Member

There are gods

Depends on what god, because there are people who illusions themselves as gods.

There are people who worships their own ideas. It does not mean that because someone is always mentioning the word "god" he already worships that "god."

According to my belief (Bible-based), my God whom I acknowledge has a Son, and His Holy Spirit resides in the organization of the righteous.

23. Doomdayx Registered Senior Member

Anyone who would like to read the "article" about how great god is that I linked above and comment on it?