Ultimate Martial Artists - Jet Li VS Bruce Lee VS Jackie Chan

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by darksidZz, Feb 24, 2007.

?

The Best Is

Poll closed Mar 26, 2007.
  1. Jackie Chan

3.6%
  2. Bruce Lee

71.4%
  3. Jet Li

10.7%
  4. Other; Comment

14.3%
  1. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

It's simple, they must all fight eachother, each in turn or together. Who will win and why? Who do you prefer and why? Do you not like any of them? Which is the stronger fighter, the faster?

Answer the most unique question posed on SciForums ever!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

Jackie Chan gets most of his skill from chinese theatre; it's meant only to look good. Also, I've heard Jet Li focuses on kata-type sets, rather than actual fighting. Bruce Lee brought Chinese martial arts to America.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. EndLightEnd This too shall pass. Registered Senior Member

Hmmm, well lets see one basically invented his own martial art system after recovering from a severe back injury.
    The other two, well theyre famous from their movies, not martial arts.

8. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

Jackie Chan/Jet Li/Bruce Lee - These three people are all actors. Not to downplay their real acrobatic ability, physical strength, or wire-fu prowess, but the only kind of real battle I can see them engaging in would probably be fought in a court room using teams of attorneys.
    Therefore, I believe the real measure of their ability to win battles hinges on total net wealth (this is under the assumption that any battle can be fought and won based on abity to hire the best most expensive lawyer(s)).

Unfortunately, this means the guy with the most phyiscal prowess (Bruce Lee) is actually the weakest of the three. Because if his untimely death, there is no way he could have accrued as much wealth as the other two actors. Both Chan and Li are currently older men who are still living, and long time veterans of the movie industry.......and they continue to actively accrue wealth. There's also the 'rate of pay' to take into consideration (which would have been less during Lee's lifetime). At best, Bruce may have been able to hire an OK attorney, or (if he was lucky) maybe used his publicity to convince an even better attorney to do pro-bono work.

That leaves JackieChan vs Jet Li.

OK let's see
    According to this article, Jackie's net worth as of June 06 was ~128 Million (us dollars) http://www.financialexpress.com/latest_full_story.php?content_id=132221

And Li..... hmmmm..... kinda hard to find. Seem like a lot of articles talk about his work as a philanthropist, and giving to charity........dunno.

9. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

I'd like to see Jet Li in a serious fight rather than on screen.

10. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

i selected bruce lee, only because i dont feel like explaining why Guy Savelli would kill all of them before they knew what was going on.
    http://www.worldkungfu.com/Master.html
    i hate the guy for cheapening kuntao kung fu, but he gets a generous nod from me, for sure..for purposes of this list.

11. Geo D Registered Member

Bruce

Im going to say the best would be Bruce Lee.

As said in previous replies.......

Jackie Chan is a show artist

Jet Li.......a movie producer

Bruce Lee just kicked ass!!!

Remember Enter the Dragon? While filming there was an extra that had a chip on his shoulder towards Bruce. He challenged him and it was ON!!!! Bruce kicked the living crap out the guy. Afterwards, they kept producing the movie!!!

Im going to say Bruce is the ultimate out of the three.

Chuck Norris was a great kick boxer. He also was great with point fighting. But honestly. I think Bad Brad Hefton would wipe Norris up!!!

12. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

bad brad hefton..wow, havent heard that name in ages!

13. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

Ernie Reyes. Who's Ernie Reyes, some of you may be asking? He owns the chain of "Ernie Reyes' West Coast Karate" schools around here. The other schools call his school "the Domino's Pizza of Karate Schools: Your Blackbelt in 30 Minutes or It's Free".

Okay, just kidding. Hong Kong Fooey could take them all down.

I had read a hypothetical scenario involving Bruce Lee and Muhammed Ali in "Black Belt Magazine". It discussed the wide differences in fighting styles between the two men without drawing any real conclusions as to who could kick whom's butt. To sum it up, Bruce Lee could get in a million hits on ALi before Ali could land one punch, but that one punch would be all that Ali would need...

14. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

Okay, okay. Bruce Lee. I think he had a wider scope of technique. He didn't just lock onto one or two schools of karate. He learned as much about martial arts, oriental and occidental, as he possibly could. You couldn't go up against him and think "He's going to use the Shotokan technique," and base your own tactics off of what you know about Shotokan. He could come at you with anything.

I don't know much about the guy, but the above is what I learned from a Chuck Norris interview.

15. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

I originally wanted to vote "other" and choose someone that actually KILLED people (IE Miyamoto Musashi).

I haven't voted yet. I guess I still could

16. cato less hate, more science Registered Senior Member

between the three, its bruce lee. hands down. bruce lee was actually a good fighter. also, that "wire-fu" comment does not apply to bruce lee, he was a strong advocate of realistic fight scenes. unfortunately, the trend (thats partially to that piece of shit Kill Bill movie) has been away from realistic fighting in recent years.

if you want a real figher, go with Wanderlei Silva, or Chuck liddell o something. or if you want funny, go with Bas Rutin =]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3K-mrlYG7Y

edit:
    don't forget Fador

Last edited: Feb 25, 2007
  17. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

anyone ever heard of john liu? he managed to beat chuck in open competition

18. John Connellan Valued Senior Member

Fedor would beat the three of them at the same time

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

19. cato less hate, more science Registered Senior Member

I agree, Fedor Emelianko is probably the best fighter in the world. its a totally different ball game from the stuff chuck norris does. its like comparing paintball with a real gun fight.

20. Search & Destroy Take one bite at a time Moderator

bruce could end fedor

21. John Connellan Valued Senior Member

I used to think that before I heard about this guy and started watching some of his PRIDE fights on Youtube. The guy is a phenomenon. He was built to fight. Whatever about a street fight, I definitely can't see Bruce beating him in any MMA style competition.

22. SoLiDUS OMGWTFBBQ Registered Senior Member

ROFL

Any mixed martial arts expert would tear Lee a new one. I feel sorry for people who still think pure strikers have any kind of chance in a street fight.

23. fLuX Registered Senior Member

Between these three martial artists, I would have to say Bruce Lee would far surpass the other two. While Li and Chan are both excellent martial artists, their styles are based on katas, while Lee's isn't.

Bruce Lee created Jeet Kune Do, a style that defies all of the others in its extremely flexible fighting application. There are no katas, there is no trained movement that involves 12-50 steps to memorized for a student to learn JKD. This makes an experienced JKD martial artist very unpredictable.

Lee also studied many styles, and there are elements of many martial arts within JKD itself. He was incredibly talented at seeing someone attempt a move long before they could execute it.

Its a little difficult to compare a "street fight" to an MMA competition, because MMA is more of a combat sport, its based on rules. In my own opinion, martial arts and combat sports are two totally different things.

However, even if Bruce were to follow the rules of a combat sport system I still believe he would win, considering his experience, and what he showed capable of when still alive.

But really, these three guys are simply the most well known martial artists at the time. I would think its a little presumptuous to gamble the idea they are the best, simply for being the most famous.