US and Iran: "Natural Allies" says Iranian official

Discussion in 'World Events' started by madanthonywayne, Feb 22, 2007.

1. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Christiane Amanpour recently interviewed an unnamed "high level" Iranian official. He made some surprising statements.
    What do you think? Interesting how many natural allies the US seems to be picking up lately. First India, now Iran.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

Dear MadANTHONY

how are you?

thank you for posting the above ineterview, which i read with interest.

This guys is quite right in saying that their common enemy is Alqueda, something i have been banging on about for a while...,. therefore if we attack iran it is only good for Alqueda and does us real harm in our so called war on terror.

But we know The current wars have nothing to do with the war on terror.

As an attack on iran in respect of the war on terror would be completely illogical!!!

~~~~~~~~~~
    take it ez
    zak

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

it would have made more sense than the attack on iraq though.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. airavata portentous Registered Senior Member

on the face of it and by all normal standards of logic, an attack by america on iran at this juncture would be pointless and just about impossible. i remember feeling the same way before america invaded iraq. so what is america going to do? we have some top level analyst claiming america's gearing up for an invasion of iran... im wondering whether bush is going to go in despite all the fallout from iraq.

8. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

It would have made more sense to attack Saudi Arabia, Pakistan or the USA.

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Makes no matter. Iran is talking about working together. A concept foreign to Americans. They even drive on the wrong side of the road.

10. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

i think iranian are scared, especially after they saw two us aircraft carriers near their gulf.

11. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

Hi TDI
    thank you for your response

In what way, pls enlarge??

~~~~~~~~~~~
    Take it ez
    zak

12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

We do need to ally with Iran, they are the greatest power in the region, and we need their support, the Iraq Study Group recommended this. They are probably developing nuclear weapons, but we have little credibility to stop them now. A war on Iran would be the end of any hope for a stable, peaceful middle east, and would likely bring about a world war.

13. Exhumed Self ******. Registered Senior Member

I'm reminded of when Iran tried to become allies with the US when the US invaded their mutual enemy, Afghanistan. Then came the axis of evil speech. It's like the Bush administration is trying to mess up on purpose.

14. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I have thought that for a long time now. They intentionally create chaos so they can "come to the rescue" on the pretense of restoring order, which disguises their true fascist police state intentions. They have already eliminated habeas corpus, an important instrument for the safeguarding of individual freedom against arbitrary state action, and eroded the Posse Comitatus Act, which substantially limits the powers of the Federal government to use the military for law enforcement.

15. Sock puppet path GRRRRRRRRRRRR Valued Senior Member

Makes sense to me Iranians as people are generaly well educated and amicable (though possibly less so in the last decade or so). " weeks ago there were public reports of the mullahs being discontent with Amidinijabs' approach to dealing with the current conflict, this fits right in with that. I only hope that the hawks in Washington can be reigned in before they do even more damage.

Sam did you forget to add smiley's or forget that there are quite a few americans here who agree with many of your points?

16. Sock puppet path GRRRRRRRRRRRR Valued Senior Member

Spockster I don't think the iranians are scared at least not the ones you want to be(they are eating it up). Threats only radicalize folks who aren't otherwise radical, a seemingly simple concept that seems to be lost on all too many people.

17. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

and of course you based this on facts, right? i mean, if there is one example otherwise your theory goes out the window no?

18. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Just look at all the brainless nationalism in the US after 9.11.01. I mean, we got so radical we invaded a country that didn't attack us.

19. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Yeah, we did that in 1942 also ....we should all hang our heads in shame, huh?

Baron Max

20. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Germany declared war on us.

21. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

So if some nation declares war, but has virtually no methods of taking that war to the us, then we have to respond by going to war ourselves? Coulnd't we have just said, "Gee, Adolf, that's nice, but we don't want to play."?

And interestingly, didn't Sadman actually declare war on the USA or at least his intentions many times during his reign?

Baron Max

22. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Yes, if a nation declares war on us, that reveals their intention to destroy us. Then warfare on them is justified. I'm not sure if Iraq ever declared war on us, interesting question.

23. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

no.