I would disapprove if my child wanted to marry a member of this group....

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by draqon, Feb 18, 2007.

?

1. Atheist

6.7%
  2. Muslim

6.7%
  3. African-American

13.3%
  4. Asian-Americans

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Hispanics

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Jews

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Conservative Christians

33.3%
  8. Whites

6.7%
  9. An atheist with christian morals

6.7%
  10. umm...like I dont have a child...something else

26.7%
  1. draqon Banned Banned

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. timmbuktwo Registered Senior Member

Can you make it multiple answer?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. draqon Banned Banned

cant edit it...

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. timmbuktwo Registered Senior Member

maybe which group would you approve your dauther marrying?

8. draqon Banned Banned

make it.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. mustafhakofi I sa'id so Registered Senior Member

why do you think an atheist, is without moral?. but an atheist can also have christian morals?.
    christians dont have the rights to morality.
    infact they are the least moral, there I answered my own question, if an atheist had christian morals then he would not be an atheist, an atheist is morally superior to a christian/muslim/jew etc.... any religion.
    you will also have to make you polls more than one answer, or they become leading, you could combine some answers like "muslim/christian/jews etc..." and put "religious".
    I would object to that.
    so sorry it's a null vote.

as I dont have a vision of american society, I cant answer your other pole,
    but if the question was "This group does not at all agree with my vision of the worlds future" then my answer would be the religious.

10. John Connellan Valued Senior Member

Did u have to include the names of voters?! Such racism polls should at least be kept confidential!

11. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

He wanted to encourage lying! ...LOL!

Oh, and by the way, I love all people of the world, all colors, all cultures, all religions, all ethnic backgrounds, all races, all of those with criminal backgrounds, all rapists, all murderers, all psychopaths, all sociopaths, all.............. Well, golly, I just love everyone ....especially Muslim terrorists!

Baron Max

12. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

If I had any kids, the closest on that list would be a christian conservative. Not because I have any beef with them, just that conversation would be hard. What you should have had on the list though is crackheads. I'm sure everyone would've clicked that. Lying, stealing, fast-talking bastards.
    Also, MustafaKofi, demographics aren't superior, individuals are.

13. Grantywanty Registered Senior Member

disapprove is the wrong word.

I would be nervous out if my child wanted to marry a conservative christian and I hadn't met the person. That fact would make me quite nervous. I can imagine calming down if I met the person.

Same fact about my child, especially if she was a she, would a Muslim make me nervous. Same process afterwards.

I think hearing it was going to be a mercenary, a really big professional wrestling fan, a pimp, or someone who has one child with several different women would all top your list for negative reactions.

14. Bells Staff Member

I can say without doubt that the one thing on that list that would make me want to cry in horror would be the conservative Christian. I try to ask myself if I could cope with someone of Bush's beliefs being married to one of my children and I find myself breaking out in a cold sweat. It is the stuff nightmares are made of for me.

15. Grantywanty Registered Senior Member

One of the things that is scary about that is that, in a sense, this person would probably hate me.

My child married to someone who hates me means I am rooting for that marriage to end. It means in a sense that I am hoping they will catch on and hate my child. If they didn't.....aaaaaah.

No thanks to that scenario.

16. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

So then you should be able to fully understand the feelings of anyone who selected any of the above-listed groups, right? I mean, see ...a racist might well have exactly the same reactions to his daughter marrying a black man. Or any number of scenarios from the above list. And yet, Bells, you apparently can't see that, can you?

Baron Max

17. timmbuktwo Registered Senior Member

Less than a conservative Muslim or Jew?

18. Grantywanty Registered Senior Member

those aren't on the list. And the word conservative does not mean the same thing when referring to Jews and Muslims, unless one is determining if they vote rep or dem. An orthodox Jew as opposed to reformed or conservative is a better parallel.

19. Grantywanty Registered Senior Member

That argument is far from a final one.
    Imagine a person saying they would hate it if their child married someone who anti-abolitionist, or a nazi.

A political stance tell you about a person's values. Being black does not.

If your values are sick and damaging both to the planet and the human soul, well...

20. timmbuktwo Registered Senior Member

I think race does tell you quite a bit about a persons value.

21. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Care to explain?

22. ramirez Registered Member

I wouldn't like my boy to marry a Jewish girl because then his kids would be Jewish without having a choice. At that point, he would find himself the only non-Jew in his immediate family. There's something not right about that scenario. I'm sure there are elements (both understandable, and distasteful) of grouping behaviour among all the other types on the list, but none of the others have rules about bloodlines.

23. ramirez Registered Member

Culrure can give clues to values, not race necessarily, although the two are quite intimate in many cases.