Thread Locking

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by redarmy11, Feb 18, 2007.

1. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

When moderators lock threads would they please identify themselves as the moderator responsible and supply a reason for locking the thread? That way, when us loyal, paying customers submit a reply to a thread, only to find that it's been locked without warning, we can then PM the moderator responsible and tell them what an idiot you are and demand our money back.

Thankyou.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

This thread is now locked because I felt like it.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

*glove slap*

8. Plazma Inferno! Ding Ding Ding Ding Administrator

No problem with that.

Actually I'm trying to do it all the time. Even when I delete posts, I do it through edit option where I could leave message to the member with a reason. It's more fair.

But, I'm afraid I can't give you your money back. I love its colour, scent and the way it fits in my hands.

9. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Oh, I know that, silly! We've already established that you come in between sliced bread and jet-skis on the list of the World's Greatest Things.

I was talking about Absane.

The fact that I've blamed him wrongly once before doesn't, of course, prevent me from, potentially, making the same mistake twice. I always try to make mistakes at least twice (if they're worth making at all).

10. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

yeah, its awesome having an admin that is actually present!

porf was like an absentee landlord. nice in theory....until you have a broken window.

11. vslayer Registered Senior Member

unless it is painfully obvious why, i will leave a message before locking.

12. leopold Valued Senior Member

13. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I believe it falls under the rule about inflaming hatred for a particular religious/ethnic group.

14. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

I too would leave a reason for locking a thread, unless it's painfully obvious. I also leave messages saying that I've moved a thread. I'm just weird like that.

15. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Sometimes I'm a little busy. I might lock it then give a reason later.

16. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

You dont need a reason to blame Absane, he's Absane, thats reason enough.

17. Singularity Banned Banned

The answer is simple, the moderator didnt like the thread.

If u dont like the mods actions then create a new Forum based on Digg.com of no moderators technology.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PhpBB

Last edited: Mar 3, 2007
  18. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

I wasn't objecting to the thread being locked; I was objecting to it being locked anonymously and without explanation.
    No thanks. I think you should do it. You seem really keen on the idea.

19. pseud0 El Comandante Administrator

@ Singularity
    If you don't like this place and mod action here, then please leave this forum and create your own one and don't try to obstruct the discussions on SciForum.

20. Singularity Banned Banned

Nope, I am keen on mother of all human inventions. But its not yet invented. I was just trying to make use of my exceptionally huge Brain size. So u c 1st i thought i should go for the phpBB , learn PHP and modify it and use Digg technology making it even better in the process but then something wonderful happened in my mind.

umm, let me name the technology. Lets see,

I will call in TorrentGroups, just like YahooGroups, based on Digg voting system and using Torrent technology, decentralized Website independent. What say ?

Or should i name it as BitChat ?

Naaa.

21. Singularity Banned Banned

Very funny Mr Human mentality. I was trying to point out the directions for Sciforums innovation. All this for free, U know why ?

Bcause I love SciForums.

22. pseud0 El Comandante Administrator

We all appreciate enthusiastic contribution here, but we don't allow obstruction and trolling and I just want to point that out.

23. Singularity Banned Banned

If thats the case then why dont u just lock this thread and make each and every subscriber of this thread very very angry. Speaking about being on the track of this thread topic.

Now i wonder what more frustrating , a locked thread or trolling ?

The Troll will go away after a few posts but a locked thread is a dead thread.