Could you be monolithic religious & an evolutionist?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Busy, Jan 24, 2007.

1. Busy Banned Banned

Isn't it possible that God created the world (in six days) already in a stage that scientists would define at an "age of Millions of years"?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Is it reasonable I can sell you the Brooklyn Bridge for 200 dollars?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Godless Objectivist Mind Registered Senior Member

For theist, any bull shit is possible!! it's just providing the emperical evidence were theist are lacking!!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

K,
    I think you meant can people be monotheistic and still believe in evolution, and the answer is yes.

8. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

Religious opinions such as Deism are monotheistic, yet hold modern scientific evidence and findings as the reality of the universe's origin, and use rationalism and empiricism as part of their everyday lives.

9. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Yes, anything is possible for a deity.

But why would God set out to deceive us?

10. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Why do you think he's deceiving us?

Baron Max

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Could I be polylithic instead?

12. lightgigantic Banned Banned

If one of your dollars had the value of US$1 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000, quite posibly

13. lightgigantic Banned Banned

Really - I thought it was the atheist that was lacking in practical application

14. imaplanck. Banned Banned

Yes, he knows that you believe things like that are the case. Hence he said "For theist, any bull shit is possible!! it's just providing the evidence were theists are lacking!"

15. Godless Objectivist Mind Registered Senior Member

Damn I thought I made myself clear enough! It's probably do to so much delusional state, that theist have a hard time comprehending "common sense"

16. lightgigantic Banned Banned

And the argument "you are wrong because you are wrong" borrows from this same body of common sense?

17. Godless Objectivist Mind Registered Senior Member

Yawns!!!

You are lacking EVIDENCE of your claims!! and this is specifically what I fucking stated!! get your head out of your (!)

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

19. imaplanck. Banned Banned

Science=conclusion formed from data.
    Religion=conclusion formed from avoidance of having ones head bashed in, via a copy of the bible.

20. Godless Objectivist Mind Registered Senior Member

The cost of your beliefs:
    http://nobeliefs.com/beliefs.htm

Great Sam, now just provide EVIDENCE
    of your claims, assertions. Who gives a shit what one believes, I can believe I've got a purple monkey on my back, I have faith that the purple monkey on my back keeps me safe. This my belief, and you can't shake me from it!

See the stupidity? the sarcasm of belief? If I've got no evidence of this monkey on my back that keeps me safe, I'm basically delusional!!

What's the difference from asserting a higher purpose, a god, an agel or demon? If you don't have evidence for what you claim to believe, then it's simply delusion!

21. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I believe Mozart is better than Handel.

I believe van Gogh was a good painter.

I believe Picasso might not have done so well if he was born a 100 years earlier.

Now y'all go ahead and prove its true/false.

Oh, btw, you have to say "Jai Bajrang Bali" to get full protection from your purple monkey. Reading the chalisa is even better, I hear.

PS atheist leaders have proved to be bigger murderers all by themselves than many theists combined.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2007
  22. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

Pure opinion that actually has no value to anything. I love Fleetwood Mac, you dont - it's entirely inconsequential to anything.

When someone asserts that something like a god exists it's a completely different ball game. Even more so when that baseless opinion is shoved upon society in the manner that it is.

This argument has no value to anything. Of course if you want to get technical then god, (the jewish/christian version), has killed more people than anyone and everyone combined. Of course communism and atheism are two different things, and of course a person being atheist and being nasty isn't of any relevance to anything. There's nasty people all over the place of all differing beliefs or lack thereof. Move on to something worthwhile.

23. lightgigantic Banned Banned

do you ever worry about coming across as a bad tempered high school drop out confounded by the claims of a physicist?