Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
Results 141 to 149 of 149

Thread: Why do you believe in God?

  1. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by lightgigantic View Post
    you have no proof that god doesn't exist either, so its not clear why you don't identify as an agnostic

    I have no solid evidence that leperchauns don't exist either. It's really making me question my stands on existential issues.

  2. #142
    Quote Originally Posted by lightgigantic View Post
    therefore an agnostic solidly believes that they don't know whether they believe in god or not
    what do you suggest?

  3. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by draqon View Post
    what do you suggest?
    become a vegetarian

  4. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by lightgigantic View Post
    become a vegetarian
    irrelevant to the issue discussed here.

  5. #145
    not really - an agnostic stands nothing to lose by adopting practices established by paths of theism that bear a synchronicity with their already existing ideals - like for instance adopting a vegetarian diet is very beneficial for a buddhist, and adopting such a practice or similar practices could pave the way for establishing further resolution on the issue of transcendence and recycling

  6. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by lightgigantic View Post
    not really - an agnostic stands nothing to lose by adopting practices established by paths of theism that bear a synchronicity with their already existing ideals - like for instance adopting a vegetarian diet is very beneficial for a buddhist, and adopting such a practice or similar practices could pave the way for establishing further resolution on the issue of transcendence and recycling
    were am I supposed to get the protein from? Were am I supposed to get the high energy requirements my body needs? I am a tall guy you know 6'3" and I am well built . So chewing on cabbage want get me through 30 minutes.

  7. #147
    Hippomonstrosesquippedalo phobe Sarkus's Avatar
    Posts
    5,334
    Quote Originally Posted by lightgigantic View Post
    therefore an agnostic solidly believes that they don't know whether they believe in god or not
    Drivel.
    How many times do we have to go through this...

    Agnosticism is nothing to do with "belief".

    It is to do with whether one holds that there is sufficient knowledge on whether god(s) exist or not, or whether such things are even knowable in the first place.
    It is an entirely epistemological stance.

    It is not that they are unsure of whether they believe in God or not - that is theism or atheism.

    I, for example, am an agnostic atheist, as I know many atheists here are.

    They are points along two separate matters.

  8. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by draqon View Post
    were am I supposed to get the protein from? Were am I supposed to get the high energy requirements my body needs? I am a tall guy you know 6'3" and I am well built . So chewing on cabbage want get me through 30 minutes.
    PROTEIN IN LEGUMES: Garbanzo beans, Kidney beans, Lentils, Lima beans, Navy beans, Soybeans, Split peas

    PROTEIN IN GRAINS: Barley, Brown rice, Buckwheat, Millet, Oatmeal, Rye, Wheat germ, Wheat, hard red, Wild rice

    VEGETABLE PROTEIN: Artichokes, Beets, Broccoli, Brussels sprouts, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Cucumbers, Eggplant, Green peas, Green pepper, Kale, Lettuce, Mushrooms, Mustard green, Onions, Potatoes, Spinach, Tomatoes, Turnip greens, Watercress, Yams, Zucchini

    PROTEIN IN FRUITS: Apple, Banana, Cantaloupe, Grape, Grapefruit, Honeydew melon, Orange, Papaya, Peach, Pear, Pineapple, Strawberry, Tangerine, Watermelon

    Click for hemp protein details
    hemp protein source
    PROTEIN IN NUTS AND SEEDS: Almonds, Cashews, Filberts, Hemp Seeds, Peanuts, Pumpkin seeds, Sesame seeds, Sunflower seeds, Walnuts (black)

    http://www.happycow.net/vegetarian_protein.html

    or you could even be a lactose vegetarian (no meat fish or eggs, but dairy is ok - even buddha drank milk)

  9. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarkus View Post
    Drivel.
    How many times do we have to go through this...

    Agnosticism is nothing to do with "belief".

    It is to do with whether one holds that there is sufficient knowledge on whether god(s) exist or not, or whether such things are even knowable in the first place.
    given that no one has drunk the ocean of knowledge completely, you have a belief, ie one believes that it is not possible to know or not know god.

    Avoidin the issue of belief is ridiculous, since one can believe that it is possible to not have a belief - the nature of being conscious is that there is no avoiding the nature of belief, since it underrides all epistemological premises

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •