Real issues guys!!! Child Poverty Worldwide!!!

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Tazmaniac, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Tazmaniac Banned Banned

Heartbreaking, I would like to see the UN/EU/US/UK start talking doing anything about this!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tazmaniac Banned Banned

I guess I have tp talk to myself... Why does this matter not have as many replies as other "hot" Issues???

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

It's not easy to appeal to us with an article that appears to have been written by one of the eight-year-old children it describes. I understand that English is not this person's native language but these days expert translators are readily available everywhere. Especially into English, the world's second or third language in number of speakers and arguably its first in political and economic milieus. If this publication was not able to obtain the services of one of them one can only wonder why it is not well enough respected to do so. If not, is it because of the quality of its research and journalism? This reminds me too much of the shopworn plea of the Nigerian Finance Minister for help in wire-transferring his money. Who is this guy and what are his actual credentials on this topic?

That said, at the root of this issue the truth is inescapable that child poverty is simply one aspect of general poverty. The solution to it is not to focus on it and manhandle the economies of the affected regions like the well-meaning but terminally naive communists who could not grasp the equivalence of the words "capital" and "surplus," but rather to increase the prosperity of the families whose children share their poverty.

Economics, as the implosion of communism illustrated, is not a zero-sum game. So-called "conspicuous consumption" does not inherently cause the starvation or untreated illnesses of the neighboring populations. Put less inflammatorily, those who buy and employ hardly bring about the destitution of those who sell to them and work for them.

China and India have discovered how to abate poverty and they have done it by becoming part of the world economy rather than exhorting people to charity. Their per-capita GDPs are growing at the rate of ten percent per year and their working poor now own TV sets. Those two countries, once cornerstones of the Third World, account for one third of the human race. Considering that during my own lifetime millions of people starved to death in China I'd say astounding progress has been racked up against poverty.

The biggest cause of poverty in what's left of the Third World is corruption. Despots siphon off their nations' capital to buy toys, villas, or weapons, and even divert relief supplies to the black market. It's difficult for outsiders to make a difference in that environment, although we could start by voting against politicians in our own countries who support those bastards. Another cause is the Stone Age relic of tribalism that prevents large numbers of people from cooperating to stand up to these tyrants. Again it's hard to see how we can help fix that, especially since the Muslims who have the most influence in those regions tend to regard tribalism as normal.

The organization we give all of our charity budget to is the Central Asia Institute in Bozeman Montana. They build schools throughout the Middle East and they are all either exclusively for girls or coeducational. It has been difficult for women to receive educations in many of these backwaters and as a result the most uncivilized instincts of the men in power have gone unchecked.

The key to peace and progress is educating women.

8. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Bullshit, Hype, just more of your bullshit!! I support the right of freedom of every woman to have her baby in poverty if she wants to. And I support the freedom of every child in the world to be born in and live in poverty if they want to! If the parents didn't want their children to live in poverty, then they shouldn't have gotten pregnant.

LONG LIVE POVERTY AND THE FREEDOM TO LIVE IN IT!!

Baron Max

9. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

max max...tsk tsk...

It is the children who will pay for your pension. Even if you pretend you made your money yourself. Because money isn't really made by doing nothing. It is just that someone else is working for you. You call that investments. But still, someone has to do the actual work. Children who grew up.

So let's all say a prayer to jesus and beg there will always be children.

10. draqon Banned Banned

problem I got with child poverty, is this: bunch of sex-hyped-teenagers have sex and give birth to offspring who they leave to die off...and this goes on as these offspring do the same thing. If you aint got the money to sustain the offspring, dont get any.

11. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Why, hell, Spurious, I agree!! That's why we need more children born into poverty and dispair ....so us old farts can continue to get out social security checks! Those poverty-stricken kids are the ones who pay all of the taxes for me and other old farts like me!

I agree ...and let's make sure that some of them are born into poverty so they can continue to pay for my social security!

Baron Max

12. Tazmaniac Banned Banned

thanks guys, it's heartwarming to see mutual concerns for real issuers that effect us all.

13. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

They wouldn't be poor if they were willing to work. In the mines.

14. draqon Banned Banned

they're hanging on other people's necks (money) rather than study and work...sucking it all up through welfare...having unprotected sex, giving birth to more babies without homes and future...who do the same thing.

15. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Mining is an honorable trade.

Baron Max

16. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Mining in the western world usually only can be sustained by heavy subsidies. Unless you are mining something of great value or something that cannot be found everywhere.

Look at what happened to the coalmining in Europe. First it was subsidized to great extent. Then the decision was made to cut the losses and close it down.

In the third world mining is a death sentence. One way or the other.

17. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

would you rather children live in poverty, or the elderly? Or both?
    Someone in the world has to live in poverty, because thats how capitalism works.

So how do we choose who lives in poverty and who doesnt?

18. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

I think there's more deaths in construction than in mining, Spurious ...yes, in third world nations. Do you think construction should shut down, too?

Baron Max

19. draqon Banned Banned

russian rullette perhaps. Child takes a spin, old guy takes a spin...

20. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

History decides.

21. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

I don't know ....perhaps the mothers in poverty decide, huh?

Baron Max

22. draqon Banned Banned

ok than...mothers in poverty take a spin of russian rullete pointing either for children or the elderly.

23. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

...LOL! Yeah, sorta'. But the women of poverty decide to have those children in the first place. If they didn't have the children, then they would be able to point the gun at them .....and the old farts would have to go!!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Baron Max