Graphics cards!

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by alexb123, Jan 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

I am looking to upgrade my Graphics Card. Currently I have a 9800 Pro AGP, running on a 64 Bit 3400 AMD.

I am look at this card at the moment XFX GeForce 6800XT 256MB AGP 8 x Dual DVI VO.

I can get this for £87 from Dabs. Is this the best card to get for an AGP? Any help would be great but I cannot spend much more money tho.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. imaplanck. Banned Banned

My old G-force4 card failed so I just got a 6200 as I only have an AGPx4 board currently. I would say to keep to that budget seeing as you dont have pci express, its just not worth splashing out unless you get a pci ex motherboard, as agp is so much slower. If you want to play non directx game engines like Oblivion, it would be better to get an ATI as they are so much faster per dollar at direct draw and such.
    I would definately consider ATI as they have atleast caught up with g-force.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2007
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Search & Destroy Take one bite at a time Moderator

ATI & Nvidia are all too similar

While different, there are too many pros and cons for each side to decide on that basis.

Basically, get an AGP 8x card.

The next consideration is budget, and the market really drives each video card to a competitive price. So whether ATI or Nvidia, if it's 80 bucks it'll be pretty much the same thing.

I think you chose well

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

Nowadays once you get yourself a 128-bit memory width card you're doin ok

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.