Urgent: Does anyone have God's cell # ???

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Tazmaniac, Jan 3, 2007.

1. Tazmaniac Banned Banned

from CNN.com

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Why doesn't someone stone this lunatic?

He has been repeatedly wrong in his prophesies. According to his very own holy book, the punishment for false prophets is stoning.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Skater Banned Banned

I hope he is 100% false on the prediction about mass killing.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Pat Robertson has just as much right to make his future predictions as the anti-war folks make their dire predictions about the future of the Iraq War. Neither can know the future, but both make predictions, don't they?

If we don't allow, or we make fun of, Robertson's predictions, shouldn't we hold the same view for those who predict dire events in Iraq?

Baron Max

8. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Skater:

Me too.

Baron Max:

You wily rascal, you.

9. Johnny Bravo Registered Senior Member

The past can unlock the keys to the future and that was the so called anti war predictions are about. Vietnam..Saigon...Iraq..- what's the difference?

I'm glad Robertson is out there doing his thing.
    They should make him sit on Bush's shoulder and pass messages from God.

10. Exhumed Self ******. Registered Senior Member

His followers shouldn't be allowed to vote.

lol @ storms hitting an American coastline. I predict they will happen in 07, 08, and 09... I also have another bold prediction: there will be turmoil in the middle east.

11. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

I predict a riot.

12. Exhumed Self ******. Registered Senior Member

How is it comparable to make a prediction with no reason other than "god told me" than to predict something based on good reason and evidence? Please tell.

13. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Hmmm. The prediciton that the Iraqi people would greet you as liberators, and that WMDs would be found in Iraq after the invasion seem pretty well off too.

14. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

So then you should be supportive of Robertson's predictions. And are you equally supportive of any and all other predictions of future events by anyone else who wants to make them?

From your last comment, my guess is that you're like most everyone else ....you like predictions that agree with your own thoughts/opinions, but denigrate the predictions that don't jibe with your opinions. Interesting, huh?

Baron Max

15. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Depends on the "good reasoning and evidence", don't it??? And who is to make that determination?

Baron Max

16. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

"Robertson predicted that Bush would have victory after victory in his second term."

Did he?

17. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

You seem to have convienently forgotten that in the first few weeks, we were greeted as liberators. Ddin't you watch as the statue of Sadman was pulled down? And as the tanks came into one of the main squares in Baghdad and the Iraqis were cheering and waving and smiling happily?

Baron Max

18. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

You seem to think that all predictions come true ....except Robertson's. Is that how you see it?

Baron Max

19. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Yes, I also noticed how there were more reporters than Iraqi people in that square, and the "appearance" of a crane. Also how there was a "BOOO!" when the US flag was placed on the statue.

20. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Straw. You seem to love coming to false conclusions rather than actually answering the question. It seems to be the only way you can argue. :bugeye:

21. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Staged photo op. Fooled you though.

22. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I could predict a terrorist attack in 2007 too. It doesn't take a direct line to God to realize the odds are good. Pat Robertson is a fraud.

23. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

I think people are targetting the wrong person. Pat Robertson is making the money, it's the idiots that believe him that I worry about.