Nice to see children getting a proper education!

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Bubber, Jan 1, 2007.

1. Bubber Herbal Cannabinoid Lover Registered Senior Member

Notice this wonderful book for children:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Isn't it lovely to see children getting a proper education based on a well researched book? The above image is also a link to amazon.com with a review.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Um, it's religious propaganda really, isn't it. Fear not, here's some evolutionary propaganda to counteract it (for reading ages: 9-12):

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. wsionynw Master Queef Valued Senior Member

Is this book being used to educate children in schools?
    Check out Ken Ham on Wikipedia, especially the radio interview, very funny!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Bubber Herbal Cannabinoid Lover Registered Senior Member

I know that one the the reviewers said that she received the book as part of her homeschool curriculum.

Spooky eh?

8. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: Now here's a christian I can respect.

9. Sputnik Banned Banned

If you can´t beat them - join them - and alter the truth so it suits you ..... after all , that`s what the church has done for the last 2 milleniums , so it must be legit ....

Ha,Ha,hah ... LOL ..........

Last edited: Jan 1, 2007
  10. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

11. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

Is it just me or does the triceratops on the cover look about the size of a large cow? Or are "Adam" and "Eve" 40 feet tall and the apple actually 20lbs?

This is the dumbest idea ever....although consider the source! I won't really condemn the author, i blame the publisher, which is a company who would have a board of editors right?

Master Books, a division of New Leaf Publishing seems to be a catalyzer of these inane and brain-sapping books; from accusing Hollywood of puppetry of the masses (religion's own speciality) to blaming the advent of germs and disease to man's sins. Gotta love to hate these fundies huh?

12. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

Just read up on Ken Ham...I'd love to see someone set up a debate between him and maybe Richard Dawkins. I think Ken would go home in tears.

13. Ayodhya Registered Senior Member

On this site, there is a changing banner called "Did You Know?".
    The funniest piece of information on it was, "Did you know that 70% of people are born into non-Christian homes?"

14. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: And why would this seem so funny to you?

http://www.adherents.com/Religions_By_Adherents.html

15. Ayodhya Registered Senior Member

The very fact that it's obvious leads me to believe that adherents of that Church believe the entire world is Christian (or perhaps at least the children, in which I can understand what you're saying), and that they are so naive, and ignorant, that this wasn't already apparent.

16. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Thank God for that!

17. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

This thread just makes me want to cry.

18. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

I liked this review:

13 of 41 people found the following review helpful:

Highly entertaining, June 12, 2005
    Reviewer: Peter G. Andrijeski (Seattle, WA) - See all my reviews

I am a sort of collector of crank literature and recently ordered Ham's "Dinosaurs of Eden." I could not be more delighted.

For anyone interested in this sort of literature for either social study of the boundaries of human belief, or simply for humor, I highly recommend it. The illustrations of dinosaurs and humans playfully interacting are absolutely hilarious and the standard young earth creationist arguments are almost as entertaining. While I share with genuine scientists the concern over the wild distortions of creationists of various stripes, anyone who can step back and enjoy the entertainment value of the their most absurd literature will want to own this book and to show it your friends.

19. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: There have occasions when I've spoken with christians, and the topic of the percentage of christians worldwide comes up. Even after giving them the current statistics, they deny it. They just don't believe it. Everyone I have spoken to thinks that most of the world is christian! The truth is that most of the world is not christian, but that's a hard pill for them to swallow.

The true number of christians worldwide is not discussed in their churches. Conveniently, it is overlooked.

20. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

I would imagine that the 70% banner was more of a christian attempt to generate pity (as in "my goodness, 70% of children out there aren't as blessed as we are!"). I think it's there to foster a need to evangelise (in their followers), rather than displaying ignorance of statistics.

However I don't put my neck on a block for anyone's assumptions!

21. Ayodhya Registered Senior Member

MW-

Sad, but apparently, through your experiences, true!

Absolutely, but I'm sure it could work both ways. Either way, as a non-Christian, it's funny.

22. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

There are hundreds of accounts of dragons in European records, just read William Cooper's "After the Flood." It will blow your mind.

23. Ragnarok Hang em High.... Registered Senior Member

Adam just fed the forbidden fruit to the triceretops. I knew it was mans fault for thier extinction.