The Crusaders Christians killed more than the Muslims killed, all in name of religion

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Mahmud, Dec 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mahmud Banned Banned

Who do yiu think killed more, Muslims or Christians, throughout history?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Probably Christians. Muslims haven't been around for as long.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. nds1 Registered Senior Member

Mahmud,

I don't know if you are a Muslim but I'm guessing you are. I need some comment on a certain issue from a Muslim point of view. I would greatly appreciate any help from you.

Jesus stated in John 5:46 of the Bible that "For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me." So he is stating here that Moses wrote of him, or prophesized his coming.

Below is the only text out of the entire Bible in which Moses mentions something which could be what Jesus was referring to. See Below:

Deut 18:15-22
    15 The LORD thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken;
    16 According to all that thou desiredst of the LORD thy God in Horeb in the day of the assembly, saying, Let me not hear again the voice of the LORD my God, neither let me see this great fire any more, that I die not.
    17 And the LORD said unto me, They have well spoken that which they have spoken.
    18 I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.
    19 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.
    20 But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.
    21 And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken?
    22 When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.
    KJV

This is very interesting. I don't see anywhere in this text any talk of a "Messiah", I only see talk of another "prophet." There is no mention of a man which will come who will save the world, or which would have supernatural powers and would be able to perform miracles.

Mahmud, here's what I want to know:

1. Does the Islam religion include the above text from Deuteronomy of the Bible in the Qur'an?

2. If 1 is true, does this text appear exactly as described above.

Thanks.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. KennyJC Registered Senior Member

Muslims will catch up at present rates... Unless you count western foreign policy religiously influenced.

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

nds1:

The Quran speaks of past prophets mostly Moses but also Isa (Jesus), so it cannot contain the exact same verses.

9. nds1 Registered Senior Member

My mistake. Basically what I'm asking is:

1) Do Muslims believe in the Old Testament as presented by the Bible?

2) If not, what is the same and what is different?

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Much of the Quran contains references to the old Testament. Muslims believe in the Quran, but also accept the Bible, the Zabur (the Psalms) and the Torah as holy books.

Similarity: the Prophets, who are all equal as messengers:
    There are 25 prophets mentioned by name in the Quran, many of whom are also mentioned in the Bible.

Adam (Adam), Idris (Enoch), Nuh (Noah), Hud, Salih (Salih), Ibrahim (Abraham), Isma'il (Ishmael), Ishaq (Isaac), Lut (Lot), Ya'qub (Jacob), Yusuf (Joseph), Shu'aib, Ayyub (Job), Musa (Moses), Harun (Aaron) Dhu'l-kifl (Ezekiel), Dawud (David), Sulaiman ( Solomon), Ilias (Elias), Al-Yasa (Elisha), Yunus (Jonah), Zakariyya (Zechariah), Yahya (John), 'Isa (Jesus), Muhammad.

11. nds1 Registered Senior Member

Okay, thank you for the reply samcdkey.

12. geeser Atheism:is non-prophet making Valued Senior Member

firstly are we including, all the centuries, that the christians were around but the muslims were'nt because that would be moot. or are we going from the emergence of the muslims which would mean the muslims killed more. but if we take the first 600 years of the christians emergence from 0 ad to 600 ad and compare that with the muslims 1400 ad to 2000 ad then the muslims killed more, so what is you point, do you think the christian are nicer.
    neither are nicer, they are both evil.

13. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Islam accepts King David, and yet, they say the Jews have no right to the land, I don't get it.

14. Mahmud Banned Banned

well said.

15. Mahmud Banned Banned

The Palestinians do as much damage to Islam as the cartoons.

16. Kiwi123 Banned Banned

Why don't you talk about what's going on today? is it you have no material to answer for your Islamic (by militants) global crimes?

17. Dinosaur Rational Skeptic Valued Senior Member

While many Christians are as fanatic as those centuries ago, they have stopped burning witches & running inquisitions. You might say that they became more civilized.

The Islamic world still believes in holy wars (Jihad, anyone?). They still have a tenth century view of the world. They still believe in barbaric laws. Cut off hands as punishment. Beheading a woman for adultry, et cetera.

18. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

Christians hands down.

19. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

Mahmud is a sockpuppet of Kiwi. Thread Closed. If someone finds it redeeming enough to keep open, PM me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.