Why We Fight?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by quixotic, Dec 15, 2006.

1. quixotic Registered Member

I just watched a sweet movie called Why We Fight. It highlights truths I already knew but refreshed my distaste for them. Its an incredibly intricate theory to explain full out but I'm gonna try and get the main points out here.

The reason the U.S. constantly goes to war is because it is extremely beneficial financially for those who profit from armament contracts. Including many congressmen, army officials, and corporate leaders.
    There are millions of U.S. workers working in plants and facilities strategically placed in every state, that if put out of business who significantly negatively effect government officials votes.
    Government employees strongly support military build ups so that they can have votes swung in their favor and aren’t rejected. They also frequently get in on personal armament contracts with private companies and cash in huge personal benefits.
    The Military-Industrial Complex is just the half of it, there is another factor and that is the Congress who vote in favor of military action - they don’t necessarily start wars or anything but they are have an ‘eagerness’ to go to war or act preemptively.
    Dick Cheney is a shining example of this corruption for his savings in a private account grew exponentially from 1 million to 368 million in just a few years.
    The Volunteer Army of the U.S. keeps protestors from having a significant public sway in their death tolls - the volunteer army is strongly encouraged by the state.
    U.S. uses economic imperialism to control countries and extort it‘s natural resources then dessert it once it runs dry. When countrymen fight their investment powers the military - takes care of them. I.E. Saddam Hussein who used to be the U.S.’s buddy to fight Iran for oil control and protect their interests in the region, and who they turned against later on for his own deposits, to establish a permanent presence in the vicinity.
    The Bush Administration and other government bodies had their global expansion plans laid out before they where even in office, for all regions of the world. There are strategic take over plans literally for every country in the world.
    Since the collapse of the Soviet Union the U.S. has invaded or intervened in more than 30 countries to their own benefit. Each one now has ‘free trade’ which allows western companies to monopolize the market and get rich off the locals at their expense.
    The U.S. with its standing army and large profits from war have no sight to the end of conflict in sight. Innocent casualties are continuing to be ‘collateral damage’ of the expansion.
    Despite how much Americans might dislike the image they are a militant state.

If you think this sounds bad just watch the movie its totally legit and it’ll have you infuriated guaranteed that is if you are human.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Sauna Banned Banned

Which continues to beg the question of why the US in particular, why the supposed defense of a mere four or five percent of the population of Planet Earth accounts for a full half of all the Mitary spending, while other nations content themselves or control themselves enough to find other ways to amuse themsleves.

What does this tell us about the place?

Last edited: Dec 15, 2006
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Sauna Banned Banned

Which continues to beg the question of why the US in particular, why the supposed defense of a mere four or five percent of the population of Planet Earth accounts for a full half of all the Mitary spending, while other nations content themselves or control themselves enough to find other ways to amuse themsleves.

What does this tell us about the place?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

Most thinking people outside the US know this very well.

8. grover Registered Senior Member

Sauna,
    Other countries don't engage in wars?

What it tells us about "this place" is that those with the most to lose have the most to defend.

Bush's America is clearly a fucked up place, but don't make it sound like the rest of humanity would be leaving in perfect peace if it weren't for America.

And don't worry America is declining, soon to be replaced by China, I'm sure the world will be a much better place once they're the ones that have the most weight to throw around. So talk your shit now while its still legal.

9. EndLightEnd This too shall pass. Registered Senior Member

Cant capatilize the world. Or can you?

10. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

I own the movie, I highly recommend seeing it.

R.I.P. Eisenhower

- N

11. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

What fighting part of "We" are you?

The "picking up the soap" part?

I suspect you wouldn't fight even in that part.

12. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

I dunno which part of "We" he is, but try asking the government whom the movie took it's name from in regards to the WWII propaganda newsreel called "Why We Fight".

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

- N

13. Sandoz Girl Named Sandoz Registered Senior Member

Yes, yes we all know.

Moore propaganda > Bush propaganda.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

14. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Sorry, but you're thinking of the wrong movie, babe.

- N

15. phonetic stroking my banjo Registered Senior Member

The US is starting to claw with their nails. It's going to get worse before it gets better.

Then the US will fall.

At least the people will lose some weight when they can't afford petrol to go to McDonalds or Walmart.

16. quixotic Registered Member

That’s the whole point of the movie. To give people the awareness to make the necessary changes and small sacrifices before its too late, and avoid the future disasters. That whole US will fall thing is a self fulfilling prophecy and the only reason it might is because of Americans with no backbones, not those who will change it. The US economy is too entwined globally to ever fall that significantly - as was its intentions with free trade.