Milk in public schools

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Businesswiz, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Businesswiz Registered Senior Member

I always wondered if Milk being served in school has a reason behind it? Why are the commericals all over the school asking "Got Milk" pitched by celebrities. Why does the government so sternly believe milk is good for children. I'm sure there are other drinks out there MUCH more nutritious to the body.

Are there any mind numbing qualities to the milk, any sleeping type stimulants? I drink milk when I can't go to sleep, it works. Why is the goverment so idealic in sedning out pictures of boys and girls eating cereal every morning?

Call me curious, I think there is something behind the milk movement in "Public Schools" I don't know about other schools but the North East is saturated with this.

I'm in college, so the system might have changed.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Genji Registered Senior Member

There are plenty of more healthy drinks for schools, but nothing as cheap as milk. In my town they're pulling out all the Coke and candy machines from the schools, offering (high schoolers only) bottled water & Gatorade.
    Youth today, in the USA at least, have very unhealthy eating habits, making us the fattest on Earth. Milk is better for you than Coke, rum, juices, tea or other sugar filled, teeth rotting libations.
    They push it with youth because once they get out of school milk consumption plummets and all the bad habits take flight.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Raithere plagued by infinities Valued Senior Member

It's a consipiracy brought upon us by a very small, very elite group of dairy cows. You see, if people stop drinking milk we'd have no reason to feed and care for them. Dairy cows are quite content with their luxurious lot in life, particularly when contrasted with that of beef cattle. Beware, they will do anything to retain their power.

~Raithere

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Genji Registered Senior Member

This isn't a World Event.

8. notamerican Registered Member

At our school, we can only get pop and bottled water. Good ol' Canada... so health concious

9. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Yeah, and they get their tits played with twice a day, too!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Baron Max

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You don't even want to know what we have to do to get urine samples for testing.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

I was born and raised on a farm, Sam ....ain't nothin' you could tell me that would shock me about something like that. I've had my entire arm inside a cow's pussy trying to turn a calf so it could be born headfirst. Just picture that in your mind, Sam, then tell me if I would be shocked.

Baron Max

12. Sauna Banned Banned

Milk is cheap enough.

Should they rather supply vodka?

13. weed_eater_guy It ain't broke, don't fix it! Registered Senior Member

Funny enough, in my school, we had two lunch lines, one was the tray lunch where you get the tray of whatever they're serving, and an a-la-carte line, where you pay with cash for various items (get a good meal for less than $3 in a-la-cart, more expensive than the tray line, but you could be picky). Well, a little thing of milk was $1.00. The vending machines with soda in them outside sold cans at $0.65.

Milk is cheaper?!

I think the deal is the government subsidises schools to sell milk with the standard tray lunches, just cause it's better for you than soda. Calcium never hurts growing kids either.

p.s., at the time, I was on the school newspaper, and I wrote a small column about that. people thought it was comic relief, "omg, it's so funny that you analyzed it like you did". no, i didn't. I just quoted prices in a column and asked what's going on with this.

14. Sauna Banned Banned

Would vodka be cheaper, without the tax?

15. dbrey33 Registered Member

At my school the goverment pays for most of our milk... only a nickel for a half-pint container. I have always wondered why the goverment would pay for such a thing. Any ideas?

16. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I think the government subsidizes dairy farming, so they get the milk cheap.

Also kids need calcium.

17. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

The National Dairy Council has a lot of money, invests in university research related to milk and aggressively promotes vending of milk through focus groups.

http://www.nationaldairycouncil.org/NationalDairyCouncil/

18. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

At least there's no sugar in it, only lactose.

19. infoterror Registered Senior Member

It's racist propaganda.

20. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

I must admit I'd never thought of it in precisely this manner before. What sort of "arrangement" do the cows have with their human stooges beyond the above? Do they steadily expand their influence with "Got milk?" ads until the dairy industry is ready to take over and rule the world in their name? And how do they communicate with the cows to divine their interests? I think "SouthPark" had a documentary which dealt with this issue.

The scum.

21. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

this explains sooooo much.

22. Zephyr Humans are ONE Registered Senior Member

Do you know what proportion of Americans are lactose intolerant?

23. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/lactoseintolerance/

seems dubious to me, though.