Egyptian Royal Cubit is Earth Commensurate

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by IceAgeCivilizations, Nov 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

The length of the Egyptian royal cubit is not the distance from some pharoah's elbow to his finger tip, as mainstream academia has mostly opined, but in reality, it is a subdivision of the circumference of the Earth, 21,600 nautical miles, or 43,200 Great Pyramid base perimeter lengths.

The ancients measured the rate of precession, the rate of the slow wobble of the Earth's axis, which manifests as the slow apparent movement of the constellations along the horizon, from year to year, and with this measured rate of 72 years per 1 degree, of 360 degrees, the ancients measured the radius of the Earth, by measuring one side of a six sided polygon, a hexagon, which they circumscribed with the "circle of the Earth," so they triangulated stars' positions with where they would appear in the future, relative to the horizon, according to the rate of precession, and so, related time to distance, which is required to measure east-west distances (longitude).

The half nautical mile base perimeter length of the Great Pyramid was subdivided by 1,760 (440 royal cubits per base side x 4 sides) to arrive at the 20.632 inch length of the Egyptian royal cubit, not the distance from some pharoah's elbow to finger tip.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Incidentally, the precession numbers found in many ancient legends and architectures from seemingly disparate people groups, such as the precession numbers 12, 36, 54, 72, 108, and 432, all fell out from this ancient mapping scheme, and this methodology for surveying the Great Pyramid, and the Earth, is obviously the matrix upon which is laid our modern mapping system of arc minutes and arc seconds.

Finally, we have the explanation for how the GP base perimeter length ended up being, not coincidentally, half a nautical mile, and for how the royal cubit was actually derived. (Did anyone really buy that it was from a pharoah's elbow to finger-tip?)

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Assuming they did know the circumference of the Earth (I don't think that is quite so far fetched), where did the other numbers come from?
    What would possibly compel them to create the Great Pyramid with the base length of 1/172,800 of the Earth's circumference?
    Why is that (or any of the other numbers you used) significant?

Finding a coincidence in the numbers does not necessarily equate to a purposeful correlation.
    WHY would you subdivide the base perimeter by 1,760?
    What is the significance of the royal cubit being 1/76,032,000 the earth's circumference?

Please point out what about this is more than simple coincidence.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

They chose the Great Pyramid base perimeter length to be a reduction of the Earth by 7,200 because it was a manageable size to build, very big, but not too big to build, and that reduction number is base six, like the hexagon mapping scheme from which it derived.

The fraction value of Pi is 22/7 (the basis of our hat size measurements), and that times 40/40 gave them 880/280, the ratio of the number of cubits of the GP's diameter over its height, so these are why the dimensions of the GP ended up being what they are, base upon precession measurements.

8. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Remember that the ancient Sumerian number system has been called base 60, and I have heard it called base 6, and these numbers multiplied together, 360 degrees, establishes another link of this methodology throughout the ancient world. Incidentally, before Islam, the Arabs worshipped a pantheon of 360 gods, coincidence?

And remember the 72 conspirators against Osiris?

9. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

The circumference of the Earth is 21,639.25 nautical miles and the base of the Great Pyramid when it had its casing stones was about 3031.496 ft in circumference. This would make 43,372 cased bases or 43,491 bases with the casing stones removed.

The epigraphical evidence that we have (the Egyptians *did* write) is that there was a "natural" cubit and a Royal Cubit. The former being the general unit of measure and equating to the length of the average male's forearm. Anthropologically speaking, this makes sense, since it gives every merchant or tradesman a common point of reference when making/taking measurements.

The latter cubit also makes sense, since if you're going to use a standard that is based on a person's body part to construct buildings dedicated to a single person, logic dictates that you use that person's, in this case the Pharaoh, body part. Written records support this, and note how the cubit rods had to be periodically "calibrated" with the master cubit rod. Moreover, the Egyptians left some very detailed records of their mathematical knowledge -this was how they ensured the knowledge was passed on to successive generations. No where is it mentioned that they based their measurements of the cubit on precession. Such a thing would certainly be considered important enough to note, or so one would think.

Finally, if what I've said here is true, then we should expect to find a difference in cubit length between dynasties, since these dynasty's had different pharaohs with, ostensibly, different forearm lengths and thus different standards for a "Royal Cubit." If based on precession, we shouldn't see a difference in cubit length -it should be consistent.

The 12th Dynasty Royal Cubit was slightly longer than that of the 4th Dynasty.

The more parsimonious explanation works best. Using numerology, you can find all sorts of coincidences which would appeal only to the significance-junkies and mystery-mongers. Science works a bit different.

10. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

With a simple mechanical device, the "Celtic Cross," they measured the circumference length of the Earth to 0.5% accuracy, based on the base perimeter length of the GP.

There were several cubit standards, the most secret "royal cubit" being among them.

If you want to look at the numbers in the first post in this thread, and say that it's all a coincidence, then you go ahead and do whatever is confortable for you, fine with me.

11. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Hey SkinWalker, I sense a little envy in your deprecating phraseology directed toward me, not the first time, you'll get over it.

12. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Hey SkinWalker, why do you think they selected 280 royal cubits for the height, and 440 royal cubits per base side, for the Great Pyramid?

13. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

There's no reason to believe otherwise, particularly since your accuracy with those numbers was lacking.

Why not?

14. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Why do you think it is that my birthmonth (9) is exactly half my birthdate (18)?
    And if you add all the number of my birthyear together (1971) what do you come up with? 18 - again HALF my birthdate!
    Coincidence? Of course.

I bet you if I read all the 9:18 passages from the Bible I could come up with other uncanny coincidences - perhaps even prophesies that have come true.
    Does that mean anything? Of course not.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2006
  15. leopold Valued Senior Member

what i don't get when discussing this stuff is how they measure the height or width of the pyrimid in question.
    of course they use a measuring device.
    i mean where on the pyrimid do you start?
    you can start at one point and get a figure then start at an equally valid different point and get a different figure.

16. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

So you guys go with the notion that some pharoah's elbow to finger-tip length makes more sense than the simple astronomy, math, and geometry, of the precession mapping scheme, which explains why the numbers 12, 36, 54, 72, 108, and 432, appear in ancient legends and architectures? You're on your own.

17. leopold Valued Senior Member

i can't speak for the others but i would like to know how you measured the pyrimid to begin with.

18. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

I didn't measure it, but almost all the experts say it was designed to be 440 royal cubits for each base side, and 280 royal cubits for the height, and the base perimeter length is half a nautical mile (within 0.5%), so it was obvioulsy intended to be a reduction of the dimensions of the Earth by a factor of 43,200 (21,600 nautical miles), as most of the experts admit.

19. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

The "Duat," the place of the regeneration of the ka (soul) of the pharoahs was said to be 440 royal cubits x 440 royal cubits, the same as the dimensions of the base of the Great Pyramid, so obviously, that was the intended base side measurement, derived from the rate of the apparent rate of movement of the constellations along the horizon, where Horus of the Horizon supposedly lived.

20. c7ityi_ Registered Senior Member

diameter of the moon: 2160 miles

6x6x6=216
    2x1x6=12

12x30=360. 6x12x360=25920

12x2160=25920

432x432=186624 (speed of light in mps?)

diameter of the sun=864000 miles

8640x25920=223,948,800 (the time it takes for the galaxy to rotate once)

cube=2160 degrees
    tetrahedron=720 degrees
    octahedron=1440 degrees
    icosahedron=3600 degrees
    dodecahedron=6480 degrees
    all platonic solids=14400 degrees

pentagram=144
    1440min=24h

144000/216=666,666...

all numbers added together from 1 to 36 equals 666
    123+231+312=666. 132+321+213=666.
    666=6+6+6=18=1+8=9. 999=9+9+9=27=2+7=9

3x12=36. 2x36=72

3x4=12
    3+4=7
    3+1=4

21. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Yes, the design of the universe is spectacularly fine-tuned, with the rate of precession and the dimensions of the Earth being just so to allow the ancients to measure and map the Earth, what are the odds that it would all be laid-out so?

22. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

IceAgeCivilizations:

Where's you evidence that the Egyptians knew the circumference of the Earth, and so on?

23. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Are you kidding me, have you read my posts of this thread?

Assuming you have read them, I really don't know what to say to you, except, are you kidding me?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.