No Creator God

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Archimonde, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Archimonde Banned Banned

*RAWR!!!* RELIGION BASHING TIMEEEE!! WOOOOO~~~

Haha.. just joking, i only do that in Yahoo Answers...

Funny how you advocate other religion when your Bible says that those guys are all going to hell.

People in the past wise? Those folks thought that the Earth was in the centre of the universe, they stoned women to death for adultery, they thought the idea of slavery was alright, and they went on Holy Crusades to wipe out those that do not belong to their religion. Besides, it is quite obvious that this present world has changed so much, and we have new moral standards that we are allowed to set.

Evolution is not "just a theory". It is based on facts, it has supporting evidence, it has and is still undergoing rigorous testing and scrutiny to polish it up. And it is able to self-correct itself with any additional hypothesis that comes along the way to come out with one solid theory that can handle more criticism then creationism ever had.

Creationism simply base itself on faith. Your centre premise is that there is Creator which have never been seen, detected or replicated by through the means of a control experiment. And if we are created in the image of God, aren't monkeys created in 97% of the image of God?

All in all, we have freedom of religion and freedom FROM religion. I am an atheist and you have no right to cast the views of your church on to me or to anyone else that does not belong to your God. Thankfully, Church doesnt has the right... but everytime I hear a politician muttering about it being sinful, i'm gonna go, "screw the church"

First of all, let me ask you, If we were created in the image of God, who then created God? Religious folks are probably gonna just tell you that God is the one true omnipresent entity that cannot be created because by definition it was just the very first begining... Yet they have no way of proving it with facts.

anyway, back to that argument, the explanation is partly under astronomy/geology, where they had to find out what was present in the early stages of Earth formation....

So, first of all, all life comes from proteins, or another word is amino acids. Amino acids are basically nitrogen,carbon,hydrogen,oxygen and sometimes sulphur.. Scientists have replicated the creation of these amino acids from inorganic matter such as ammonia/nitrogen, carbon dioxide, methane, water and lightning which was all present in the early Earth conditions.

With the first few amino acids formed, they could link each other to form a polypeptide chains and given enough time, (yes its 4.5billion years, not some Earth created in 7 days bullcrap), the first few cells can be formed to kickstart life as we know it.

besides, you are kinda outdated to harp on that point. Your God has went from creating humans (countered by evolution), and then backing off to creating the first micro-organisms (countered by the above experiment) and now your God stand at creating the Universe itself. (which is not being countered since it isnt considered science, check: Anthropic Principle)

sorry..i think that was hijack...but just needed to point out that misconception

Last edited: Nov 26, 2006
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

And the award to rehashing the opinion of every Atheist on Sciforums is..............................................

ARCHIMONDE FOR HIS LATEST RANT!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. c7ityi_ Registered Senior Member

how do you know that the earth isn't the centre of the universe?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

It revolves around the sun like all the other planets.

8. John99 Banned Banned

you dont know that fer sure.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. c7ityi_ Registered Senior Member

yes, but i don't understand why that would mean that it isn't the center of the universe.

is there evidence that the evidence is true evidence?
    and is there evidence that evidence makes something a truth?

10. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

c7ityi: If the Earth were the centre of the universe...or even the galaxy, then by definition it should not have an orbit around which the Sun is the centre.

11. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

Perhaps the sun is moving at the ssame time in such a way that Earth always stays in the center of the universe.

12. nova900 more spirituality,less dogma Registered Senior Member

Have you been taking to LG?
    Sounds like his brand of logic

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

There must have been a beginning, when matter came into being, and since then, the second law of thermodynamics has been in play, so who or what created the matter in the first place, or did matter "evolve" from nothing?

Atheists must say that matter evolved from nothing, hardly good science.

14. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Wow, you are just chock full of straw men, aren't you?
    Is it that you know you have no honest argument to make?

15. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

And creationists claim that a divine being just existed. A much better example of good science.

16. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Ah, but the physcial world does bear out the Genesis account.

17. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

No...for the earth to be in the centre, everything in the universe has to be in motion such that the earth stays in the centre, since the earth has a measurable movement. As well, since as far as we have discovered, the universe is expanding constantly, to say that the earth "stays" in the centre of the universe would mean that the expansion also occurs to the convenience of the Earth's position. Obviously this is a brave and unreasonable assumption. (anyone willing to take a bet that Oniw would say "maybe the universe isn't expanding").

It is more reasonable to assume that there is no centre (at least no consistent detectable centre) since the universal "container" is always changing.

Conversational: it is less unreasonable to assume that the Sun may be the centre of the universe, if you add the caveat that no other body is more dense...hence no other body generates superior gravity. Modern science of course knows this to be untrue (black holes).

Oniw...Earth really isn't that important.

18. Sarkus Hippomonstrosesquippedalo phobe Valued Senior Member

19. c7ityi_ Registered Senior Member

In infinity the centre is everywhere because there is no centre.

Nothing, God, is the only centre, around which everything revolves. It's the cause of motions.

infinite centres
    no centre
    one centre

the trinity

(a square has 4 sides)
    a circle has infinite sides
    a circle has no sides
    a circle has one side

You could say so.

20. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

No, you could say so, I see that's absurd.

21. c7ityi_ Registered Senior Member

That's exactly what I said.

Isn't it absurd how a God can come/evolve from nothing?

And if God has existed forever, then what reason is there for such an omnipotent entity to exist anyway?

Nothing has reason to exist.

22. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Gotta go folks, working on the next doc "Atlantis: Star Mappers of the Ice Age." Cheerio.

23. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Brilliant, another steaming extrusion of pseudoscience bullcrap.

"They never open their mouths without subtracting from the sum of human knowledge."
    Thomas Brackett Reed