Why do we have a nightmare?

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by sgroclkc, Nov 17, 2006.

1. sgroclkc Banned Banned

Nightmare chief has dreamed of falling or of being attacked two dreams,Humans have long think this two dreams of nightmare was could not explains
    .In truth,This two chief dreams of nightmare caused by the illusion of sensation of tachycardia and bradycardia.When we were tachycardia wake ,the tachycardia would caused illusion of it seems to being attacked.When we were tachycardia asleep,the tachycardia would caused nightmare of illusion nightmare of being attacked.When we were bradycardia wake,the bradycardia would caused illusion of it seems to heart falling.When we were bradycardia asleep,the bradycardia would caused nightmare of illusion of person falling.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

White man promise fish and yarn but instead give lamprey and pubes in my nightmare.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

welcome to Sci forums....
    Can I ask what is yur native language and are you using a computer translator to translate to English? [ I am using a translater program to translate from English to Portuguese here on a trip to Brazil and find certain limitations as you would expect]

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. sgroclkc Banned Banned

Sleep paralysis is caused by transient reductions in brain blood flow or oxygen,It causes a feeling of dizziness and sometimes even altered awareness or loss of consciousness.The patient may also complain of chest pain, dyspnoea, blurred vision, paraesthesias, muscle cramps and fatigue, This feeling is accompanied by such physical symptoms as palpitations, dyspnoea, sweating, trembling and abdominal discomfort.However, symptoms can vary from person to person.In our sleep or dream,Sometimes even altered awareness or loss of consciousness is producing completely paralyzed, can't more, can't speak, breathing is controlled and troubled.The frightful dizziness is producing the frightful devil.Palpitations of tachycardia is producing being attacked of frightful devil.

8. sgroclkc Banned Banned

When we deep sleep,Transient reductions in brain blood flow or oxygen is producing the colorful dream.When we shallow sleep or awake,Transient reductions in brain blood flow or oxygen give we a fright.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2006
  9. sgroclkc Banned Banned

When we awake,we stand up too fast from a sitting that we are likely to suffer from frightful transient reductions in brain blood flow.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2006
  10. sgroclkc Banned Banned

Most important,the experiment confirmed the idea.For example,when the everyone had sleep paralysis ,because transient reductions in brain blood flow is caused by The pillow too high.This explains people who not have a feeling of palpitations and suffered fright had sleep paralysis but people who not have a feeling of palpitations and suffered fright did not have nightmare of only feeling of palpitations.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2006
  11. sgroclkc Banned Banned

dyspnea,chest pain,Palpitations and transient reductions in brain blood flow all are symptom of cardiovascular disease aspect.As psychologist or dream researchers was ignorant at cardiovascular disease,they cannot explain symptom of palpitations and transient reductions in brain blood flow the person's sleeping.So they offered all kinds of absurd idea of nightmare.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2006
  12. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

i have extreme nightmares that keep me awake every night. i sleep only 4-5 hours a night.

they are caused by extreme childhood duress.

simple answer to a simple question.

13. sgroclkc Banned Banned

For a long time, due to the ignorance of physiological knowledge of ischemic heart, slow beat, fast beat and so on, psychological illusion in people’s sleep generated by such physical symptoms i.e. the nightmare really has puzzled the psychologists, therefore they put forward a wide range of wrong even absurd views on the nightmares, which both have no scientific basis, and could not be confirmed, even more were not self-consistent.

A person with a heart disorder ever had a nightmare of falling from high, and he conceived it was a fierce boding, so he had no peace of mind day and night, unexpectedly, at last he jumped from a 11-Story building to his death. A fugitive murderer, fled in two years, he surrendered to the police because of the psychological stress due to the unbearable illusion of as if being hunted all day long, and had nightmare all the night that the slain captured the fetch. In fact, these two nightmares are caused by premature beat or slow beat or fast beat, and they are “One dreams at qnight what one thinks in the day”

The reasons for the dreams are very simple, viz. they are the reactions of the objective things in the minds. As Germany's well-known psychologist William Wundt’s view of “the most common causes of the dream are indigestion, heart pulsation (palpitation or flustered), difficulty in breathing, as well as such symptoms." Psychologist A Moree after a rigorous study also pointed out that: "The dream is the organism having a misunderstanding of the emotional perception, for example, the noisy at night when sleep will cause a dream of sound of thunder. For instance, students dreaming the examination before the pre-examination, is caused by the things about examination, and dreams about urgency of urine are caused by the sense of urgency of urine after sleep. By the same token, the nightmare is caused by the sense of hear throb such as fast beat, slow beat. For instant, if a certain heartbeat occurs in frequency in the night, it will cause phenomena of insomnia with iterative dreamlands. The heart throb in nightmare will be stronger than daytime, which is the same as the phenomena that early in the disease, some people can not feel the slight discomfort during daytime, but they can feel it in the dream, because in sleep, the incitements that the brain receiving from the outside world are largely reduced, so the incitements from inner become comparatively stronger.

When palpitation or flustered occurs, people will have two main feelings: one is tachycardia cause a feeling of seeming to be pursuing (TCM: tachycardia, watchful as if he was being pursuing); the other is bradycardia or premature beat cause the feeling of heart suspension or heart sinking. Therefore, people in sleep accordingly will have the two nightmares of being pursued (occasionally hunting other people) and hanging in the air, and falling down. If transient cerebral ischemia occuring during the day may result in some very terrible dizziness, palpitations, feelings of chest pressure, dim vision, tinnitus and a variety of neurological symptoms. As a result, all the people who are prone to cerebral ischemia frail corporeity, excessive fear, taking the quinidine which may lead to low blood pressure, as well as a excessive high pillow ors, error in sleeping style which may lead to the aggrieved neck, pressed blood stream, when they sleep in deep night, they will have the extraordinary corresponding horrible dreams, in the dreams, they do some kind of terrible Belial pressuring them or being hunted down, but they can not cry out or escape, which are called nightmare in iatrology. Vague terrors in light sleep, which is known as sleep paralysis. Sometimes people was just woken up with the cerebral ischemia, be cause the vision continuing for a few minutes and dyskinesia have not yet concluded, which will cause psychological illusion that people struggle to wake up but fail to do it. For instance, a place in country, there is a "haunted" bed which makes people have nightmares every night, and it is this fact that the pillow in the bed is too high. Psychological distress during the day will cause being frightened due to a very small voice. In the cause of insomnia which due to the mental stress, and changing the sleep style constantly, people sometimes suddenly as if heard a loud noisy them have the nightmare. It is obvious that the loud noisy is generated by the friction in the process of changing the sleep style. In normal times, such a "bang" which has turned a deaf ear to the people, sometimes will become very terrible when mental stress. Another example, sleeping pills are the treatment of nightmare of neurasthenia, due to the nightmare of such patients is caused by tachycardia, and sleeping pills can lead to slower heartbeat, moreover slower heartbeat sometimes leads to cerebral ischemia for people of low blood pressure. Therefore, treating a nightmare with sleeping pills at times is not only invalid, but also it will instead increase the patient's state of the disease.

In short, all of the things are experienced in the dreams are the experienced things which are in people’s minds during the day. No one will feel afeared and mysterious because he suddenly thinks of a person who had been dead for many years during the day, similarly, no one will feel mysterious and specially afeared because of low beat or fast beat, likewise there is no need to feel mysterious and specially afeared because of the sudden nightmare due to low beat or fast beat.

14. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

Nightmares are the brain's form of pooping. Without the occasional nightmare, your thoughts are restricted to that which your fear allows. I have Diarrhea of the mind, myself.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Nightmares are day dreams gone awry during the night !

16. sgroclkc Banned Banned

All nightmares are caused by palpitations.The most common feeling resulting from palpitations are seeming to be bursuing and heart suspension or heart sinking so the most common nightmares has dreamed of being attacked or bursued and falling down or hanging in the air. Women have worse nightmares than men[1] because palpitations are a common symptom in all age groups, more commonly in women than men. Women are more likely than men to experience heart palpitations when suffering from a stroke[2].

17. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

18. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

In the words of Charlie Brown... "good grief". sgroclkc, nightmares are natural human hallucinatory threat-simulations that human brains undergo during sleep. By gaining practice in a dreaming threat-simulation, you are more likely to survive a similar real life threat due to the practice.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  19. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

I don't have night mares . I am the night mare you have . Actually I don't dream like most people . My dreams are more like conscience thought . Meaning I am aware when I do dream . It is kind of weird . I dream what I want to dream when I want to dream it and that don't really explain it . It is like when you you are concentrating on something real hard. That is what my dreams are like . I started doing it long ago . It was shortly after Me and my friends had a marathon Tetras playing contest . We played it day and night for 3 days . At the end we all had the same dream of tetras . It was like the game was embedded into our sub conscience thought , so after that I applied it to my life so I could work sleep . Think of it as a way of visualizing the future. So Me I would rather dream a better out come than a night mare . Once and a while I will have a time dream . Now for some it may seem light a nightmare by the click click click that goes on , but for a musician that is not the case cause it is one of the prime directives of playing music . Tick Tick Tick Tick like a metronome
    I also have this ability to wake up when I want . That creep my wife out for the longest time . Tell Me what time to wake up and I do with out aid . Me Brother can do it too . You probably can too . You just don't trust your self to do it . I know lots of you wake up before your alarms go off

20. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I'd like to add I'd think that they are a way to release pent up emotions or bad thoughts that we aquire while seeing very bad things during our lives. The TV brings us people being killed, the movies with horrifying ways to kill, music that screams death chants, these are a few reasons we have nighmares and will continue on. Some can somehow avoid them but they are the ones who don't rember them is all.

21. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

Nightmares are stuff we are afraid of, but may not be dealing with, coming to bother us.

I used to have repetitive ones every night.

22. sgroclkc Banned Banned

Each type has its own causes, characteristics, for example,5 different types of hepatitis exist ,each type of hepatitis has different hepatitis symptoms and causes. The two most common types of nightmares(dreamed of being attacked or bursued and falling down or hanging in the air.) has the two most common causes(feeling resulting from palpitations are seeming to be bursuing and heart suspension or heart sinking).