The Word of the US Government is useless

Discussion in 'World Events' started by MetaKron, Nov 15, 2006.

1. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Rense article

I don't know that I can establish whether Iraq killed a hundred or a hundred thousand Kurds, but this one is a lot easier to establish. Anyone who wishes to rebut can look up the date and time that Jr. issued the ultimatum and the date and time of the strike. A lot of people think of him as some kind of hero for jumping up the time of the strike.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

The word of any government is useless.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. s0meguy Worship me or suffer eternally Valued Senior Member

What a convenient excuse.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I believe Bush as far as I could throw him. Of course he wasn't interested in international law, because he violated it by invading before the inspectors were done, in fact making them pull out while he accused Saddam of not letting them in. I could point to numerous violations of both international law and US constitutional law, these facts are not even widely contested, except by die-hard cons. Oh, and Germany is trying to prosecute Rumsfeld for war crimes.

8. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

According to the article Bush 2 also violated international law by invading without UN authorization for the attack.

I think that the only people who contest the fact of Bush's violations are the usual people who simply don't respect the law and our rights in the first place.

9. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

Yes. The lady officer who was in charge of "al grave" (spelled wrong) prison and took part of the rap is testifying that the orders came form higher up in the chain of command - not just a few soldiers doing wrong things on the night shift as Runsfield/ Bush maintained.

Now the ALCU has used the freedom of information act to get the CIA to admit the existence of two memos - one from GWB setting up torture camps outside of the US (He recently admitted they did exist when Europeans forced him to do so by presenting facts about them.)

The second memo is reportedly instructions on how to torture more effectively for information. Both are currently above "top secrete" - obviously things already well known by the victims - secretes keep only from the US voters. With the new Democratic controlled Congress and it power to subpoena, things could get interesting. - Hard to defend the need for secrecy on any grounds except need to cover the ass of GWB and some other leaders like Rumsfield in his government.

10. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

There is no international law.

International law is a phantasm and a joke. The only international law is what the United States says it is. Or if you live near China, what China says it is.

11. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

To a lot of people, it didn't happen if the government doesn't admit that it happened, and that's the purpose of secrecy. The victims have a lot less credibility than the government even when the people know that the government lies to them.

12. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Agreed! And it still amazes me that people believe there is such a thing.

Baron Max

13. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

There is no law of any kind if we don't enforce it.