Bush and Rove Blew the Election on Purpose?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by madanthonywayne, Nov 14, 2006.

1. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Left wing bloggers, always looking for something to complain about, have come up with a theory that Bush threw the midterm election so Democrats couldn't pin blame for Iraq solely on Republicans. It reminded me of some statements made by Genji to the effect he was hoping for a Republican victory to avoid sharing "blame".

I must confess, the idea did occur to me when Rumsfeld resigned the day after the election and Bush seemed gleeful at the prospect of getting his illegal alien amnesty bill passed via a Democrat congress.
    Interesting questions. Was it gross electoral imcompetence? Or something else..........

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

The only conspiracy to be found here is that they screwed New York over right-proper through refusing to aid either John Faso or John Spencer, for governor and senator respectively.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I think the right is just blinded by their ideology, not seeing that it doesn't actually represent the views of most Americans. I find it very hard to believe that they would give up any power willingly.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Gustav Banned Banned

the republicans actually won the election
    the loons just cant see it

8. Genji Registered Senior Member

Cling to that hope Madant! Cling hard.......

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

Genji is male?!

Genji, work on your delivery.

10. Genji Registered Senior Member

I be male alright! Thank God because I have something to play with Built In!!! Yaaaaaay! Work on my delivery? I'm a janitor. No Deliveries.

11. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Oh, I don't hope this is true. It just seemed interesting and reminded me of your earlier statements. If it is true, then Bush screwed us.

12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

If you believe that, you have to believe that the Democrats took a dive in 2000 so that Bush could screw up the Republican party the way he did all his other endeavors.

13. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Al Gore took a dive? No friggin' way. He acted like a spoiled baby when he lost. Unlike Republicans who lost this time around and accepted it like a man.

In contrast, there's a Democrat in Florida who lost by like forty thousand votes who's demanding a recount. This is in a congressional district where forty thousand votes is a lot.

14. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Counting votes is not being spoiled. Especially with Catherine Harris working the voter roles, Gore had every right to ensure the votes that did get through were counted.

15. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Sure, he had the right. But it created all kinds of chaos and, I believe, destroyed his political career. Americans don't like sore losers. Anyway, it's extreemly rare that a recount ever changes the outcome. Generally, it reinforces the original outcome.

But the point was that with as much crying and carrying on as Gore and the Democrats did over the Y2K election, there's no way they threw it.

16. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

That chaos was created by republicans on purpose. People don't like sore losers, but they hate fake winners.

17. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

The loser isn't known until there's a concession or the available recounts are exhausted. By your logic, Republicans are mega sore losers for endlessly bringing ANWR drilling up for a vote.

The governorship in my state in 2004 favored the Republican initially, and for the first recount. During this time he kept repeating that he was the winner, so the Democrat should concede. The second and final recount went to the Democrat, the lawful winner. (She got the most votes, after all.) Then the crybaby Republican filed a lawsuit that was dismissed.

18. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

Good point.

Whether or not Bush/Rove blew the election on purpose, the Republicans don't have much to lose. The Democrats will as usual be blamed for all Republican-caused messes.

19. Genji Registered Senior Member

I see now. I think it is very likely the top of the Republican Party figured they blew their Iraq war. They started it and this administration failed to achieve. So, with the Repubs in charge of all branches of government they had to do something to throw blame and responsibility for their failures. Losing this election was the answer. Blame can be laid at the Democrats feet for whatever happens in Iraq.

20. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

It's demanding a recount that makes one a sore loser. It shakes faith in the electoral process. Your analogy would only apply if the Republicans demanded a recount after losing a vote on ANWR.

Now the Washington state election was stolen, just as Al Gore tryed to steal the presidency. Didn't thousands of votes show up after the fact in that case? It was the same strategy Gore was following. Count the votes over and over until it comes out in favor of the Democrats. Then stop.

If the elections we just had had gone the exact opposite way with Democrats losing a bunch of close races the way Republicans did, there would have been tons of lawsuits and demands for recounts. Republicans simply accepted the results for the greater good of the country.

Even Richard Nixon had the grace to accept the nineteen sixty election results despite evidence of massive fraud in Illinois. It is not good for the country to leave the results of elections in question for months due to legal wrangling and endless recounts.

One of the blessings of the American system of government is that we have always had a peaceful transfer of power. Let me tell you, when I saw Al Gore trying to steal the election after the fact, it really pissed me off. Earlier in the nite, when Gore was projected as the winner I said, "Oh well, we made it thru Clinton, hopefully we'll survive Gore." But after his demands for endless recounts and legal wrangling I literally hated the guy and hated Democrats in general. Down this path lies civil war.

You lose the election, accept it like the Republicans did. Otherwise the public will lose all faith in the democratic process and we'll end up with the military seizing power. Don't think it can't happen here. America has been blessed, but nothing lasts forever.

21. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

God you're dumb.
    The recount was never completed. It's not good for the country if people don't trust that their votes will be counted. The whole controversy was created by Republicans.

22. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

Apples and oranges. The odds of a miscount of a Congressional vote are nil. The odds of a miscount with thousands of hand-marked paper ballots is significant.

By law, it was not stolen. Do you think the law should be ignored? Mistakes happen in vote counts. Recounts are more accurate by design.

I think that's because there was less odds this time of a miscount, due to much more electronic voting than before. For example, something like 90 out of 120 precincts in VA voted electronically; then 75% of the precincts report the same number for a "recount". A House seat was a close call in my state. The Democrat did not challenge her loss.

That's a joke. Republicans did all their usual criminal activity in this election, like robo-call people incessantly with a recording making it sound like a Democrat-sponsored message. I even got one at midnight. This time their fraudulent advantage was overwhelmed.

The country has been economically destroyed by Republicans. The piper just hasn't been paid yet.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2006
  23. KingTriad Registered Member

I dont believe for a second rove or bush threw the election..they were actually dumb enough to think they would win...