Why is there so much unjust suffering in this world despite God?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Neela-the-blue-eyed, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Neela-the-blue-eyed Registered Member

Hi,

I'm new to the group. I am sure this questione may already have been discussed ad nauseam before.

Why is there so much unjust suffering in this world despite God?

I would request only the believers to answer this question. As any answers from the atheists would be irrelevant.

Thanks,
    Neela

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Shaitan lord of hades Registered Senior Member

oh, and I so wanted to answer, oh well.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. imaplanck. Banned Banned

I would have thought the answer would be 'it's because the suffering is the devils work' and god is in a perpetual power struggle with satan, or some crap to that effect.
    You do realize that by requesting no atheists reply you will get just the opposite on this forum, yeah?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

God has bigger plans and some suffering is required. Apparently.

8. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

Like 60% of this forum are atheists, so if none of us answer, you're only going to have the Muslims and crazies respectively.

9. everneo Re-searcher Registered Senior Member

Welcome to sciforums.

List out the unjust sufferings. List out the causes for the these sufferings.
    Fight to remove those causes for these sufferings. You (means we humans) have the ways and means to fight, if not find out. God has gone on vacation. Let us make this world a heaven before He comes back and do it for us.

10. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

God is addicted to control, that is why he lets us suffer- so he has something to do. God is controlled by his need to control.

11. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

God has basically created the universe and is sitting back to see what happens.

12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Wouldn't he already know?

13. Neela-the-blue-eyed Registered Member

Its horrible to call all Muslims as bad people, you ignorant person.

14. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

WTF? Where do you get that?! Muslims and Sikhs are the only theistic religions that I respect. There's no sikhs here, so I mentioned Muslims and crazies(everyone else) as the minorities to atheism.

15. Neela-the-blue-eyed Registered Member

Well, in that case it is horrible to call all other religions ("every one else") "crazies".

There are moderate people in every religion. The word 'religious' is not a synonym for 'fundamentalist'.

.... You ignorant person. Sorry

had to add that

16. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

No, the other theists here are crazies. Look at lightgigantic, or rj whatever the fuck his name is or the Ancient of days guy, they're all crazy.

17. Neela-the-blue-eyed Registered Member

I am new here so don't know. But lightgifgantic just seems to know a lot about Hindu religion and quote things from the scriptures. That does not make him crazy.

18. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

perhaps you should a look back through some of the archives oniw is quite right

19. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

So Neela-the-blue-eyed, why do you think there is so much unjust suffering in this world despite God?

20. lightgigantic Banned Banned

Welcome Neela

I hope your wits are sharp enough and your skin is thick enough to enable you a pleasant experience on this site

The general understanding from most scriptures is that suffering in the material world is an unavoidable necessary option for a living entity to have (if one advocates that the living entity is created with free will that is)

Most atheists consider the issue of evil an airtight argument against god's existence

They raise the objection that if God does exists, then why hasn't He dealt with the problem of evil in the world. This contention can be ressolved by pointing out that God is dealing with the problem of evil, but in a progressive way. The false premise on the part of the atheist is that God's only choice is to deal with evil all at once in a single act. God, however, is dealing with the problem of evil through His justice system (dharma (establishing laws of action) karma (the results of interacting with those laws - that is doing it the right way and the wrong way) -samsara (repeated birth and death in the material world until you get it right).

If the atheist counters that it shouldn't take such long time for a God (omnipotent that he is) to solve the problem of evil, you could respond by saying: "Ok let's say that at this very moment, God announced that all evil and sin in the world will now cease to exist. Practically every one on the face of the earth would simply vanish into oblivion. Would this solution be agreeable to you?"

The atheist will no doubt argue that a better solution must be available. He could even suggest that God may have created man in such a way that man would avoid evil altogether. This idea can be ressolved by pointing out that this scenario would mean that he would no longer have the capacity to exhibit free will and make choices - It would require that God create robots that act in programmed or predetermined ways .

If the atheist persists (like they are apt to) and asserts there must be a better solution to the issue of evil, give them this simple test.

Ask them to formulate a solution to the problem of evil that

(1) does not infringe human freedom (ie free will) , or
    (2) cause God to violate the definitions of his nature (ie , His attributes of absolute holiness, justice, and mercy) in some way.

Don't expect much of an answer.

21. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

So suffering is the price for free will?

22. lightgigantic Banned Banned

23. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

What about natural disasters?