Australia is not warming up: stats prove it

Discussion in 'Earth Science' started by JonathanLowe, Oct 29, 2006.

1. JonathanLowe Registered Member

My website:

http://gustofhotair.blogspot.com/

sets out to prove that in Australia, number and magnitude of cyclones are not related to global warming, Australia’s current drought has nothing to do with global warming, and shortly on my webpage I will prove that Australia’s temperatures have in fact not increased at all in the last 20-150 years.

This is by analyzing data as provided by the Australian Bureau of Meteorology.

Cheers
    Jonathan Lowe

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

Go on boyo... prove 'em wrong.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. orcot Valued Senior Member

Okay... but whould you still agree that global warming is reel. I believe iceland has a similar history there it actually got cooler for a short period of time.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

What's the cause of Australia's current drought, JonathanLowe?

8. draqon Banned Banned

so, bro....were exactly are u getting the information to make the charts on ur personal webpage?

9. jumpercable 6EQUJ5 'WOW' Registered Senior Member

When an ice cube melts under a winter sun in anarctica, then the world is probably warming up.

10. orcot Valued Senior Member

consumption of winter clothes in Europe is down with 10% according to a article. It's nearly november and there are still leaves on trees and lots of mosquitoes: The weather isn't normal

11. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Orcot:

We've had blizzards here in the US and we haven't had a hurricane all year.

12. Roman Banned Banned

Yeah, if you're talking about Minnesota.

13. orcot Valued Senior Member

I heard of that, weathers pretty cold around new york. I wonder if it has something to do with artic melting water in the ocean, altough that's yust me guessing.

One of the reasons I yust love belgium geological and meterological it's the absolute most boring country in the world.

14. Roman Banned Banned

Six hurricans hit the US in 2006, by the way.

15. Genji Registered Senior Member

If the average global temperature is rising does anyone really think every corner of the planet will be warmer? Surely not. The ocean currents will be cooler due to icemelt changing everything around. Mountain glacial ice & snow melt would bring cooler winds to areas affected by mountain weather. Europe would get colder and Northern Hemisphere tropical waters would be cooler.

16. orcot Valued Senior Member

Europe will only get colder when the gulf stream stops, and then it would get a lot colder like Siberia. Until then Europe is following the trend of warming up.

17. URI IMU Registered Senior Member

Yes of course there is no such thing as "global warming"

If you remove all the clouds then you have a hot day even in winter.
    Yes the cloud cover is being removed, and the "weather" is becoming that of clear skies.

But just try digging the ground, it is dry as a bone, and getting even dryer.

Reading the add on to your site JonathanLowe I would say that a little knowledge is a bad thing, but you are in good company, the whole world is like chooks with their heads knocked off. They know not what they do, but unlike you, their concern is actually justified.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2006
  18. JonathanLowe Registered Member

Did you not read my blog? Did you not get the statistics? The amount of rain in Australia is normal to the last 100 years!

19. JonathanLowe Registered Member

The data is collected from the Australian Bureau of Meteorology. It's the official rainfall/temperature etc. data which is of course run by the governement. Basically they record all the data from around australia and predict. Website: http://www.bom.gov.au/index.shtml

20. jumpercable 6EQUJ5 'WOW' Registered Senior Member

It will be definetly become global warming in about 1 billion years unless you have some way of stopping our 'ole Sol' from becoming a Red Giant.

21. quixotic Registered Member

Lol its gonna take way less than 1 billion years, maybe 50 or 70 until we're all dead from it unless it changes. If you think its gonna take long u need to keep up with the current data - its one world emergency status already....

22. JonathanLowe Registered Member

well there's plenty of evidence to prove for this case, and lots of it to prove against....I'd prefer not to spend 500 billion until we know for sure.

23. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

you're the biggest emmiter per person than anyone else in the world thanks to your excessive number of sheep. you should pay up