Weirdest Thing You've Ever Heard?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by sderenzi, Oct 23, 2006.

1. sderenzi Banned Banned

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

So far this is your smallest one....

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. draqon Banned Banned

the weirdest thing I ever heard was an echo of silent flying mice that flew beside the calmest ocean there ever was for no ocean could endure the mice loud noise, the turbulence created by the amplitude of waves of sounds penetrating within waves of ocean creating seas of rising water that vaporized into thin layer atop the nearest tree to the horizon were mice lay eggs and then they hatched to reveal tiny bee that sang of upcoming winter so silent it made deaf ears come to life in years passing by so quickly beneath the oak tree of life where leaves fall softly on the ground with loud noise like there was no tomorrow in which the bees that hatched did not believe in as I lay quietly on the soft ground that resonated sounds of earthquake from this upcoming winter's forming mountain beneath the calmest ocean that lay beyond the mice that flew beside the calmest ocean there ever was for no ocean could endure the mice loud noise, the turbulence created by the amplitude of waves of sounds penetrating within waves of ocean creating seas of rising water that vaporized into thin layer atop the nearest tree to the horizon were mice lay eggs and then they hatched to reveal tiny bee that sang of upcoming winter so silent it made deaf ears come to life in years passing by so quickly beneath the oak tree of life where leaves fall softly on the ground with loud noise like there was no tomorrow in which the bees that hatched did not believe in as I lay quietly on the soft ground that resonated sounds of earthquake from this upcoming winter's forming mountain beneath the calmest ocean that lay beyond the mice that flew beside the calmest ocean there ever was for no ocean could endure the mice loud noise, the turbulence created by the amplitude of waves of sounds penetrating within waves of ocean creating seas of rising water that vaporized into thin layer atop the nearest tree to the horizon were mice lay eggs and then they hatched to reveal tiny bee that sang of upcoming winter so silent it made deaf ears come to life in years passing by so quickly beneath the oak tree of life where leaves fall softly on the ground with loud noise like there was no tomorrow in which the bees that hatched did not believe in as I lay quietly on the soft ground that resonated sounds of earthquake from this upcoming winter's forming mountain beneath the calmest ocean that lay beyond the mice that flew beside the calmest ocean there ever was for no ocean could endure the mice loud noise, the turbulence created by the amplitude of waves of sounds penetrating within waves of ocean creating seas of rising water that vaporized into thin layer atop the nearest tree to the horizon were mice lay eggs and then they hatched to reveal tiny bee that sang of upcoming winter so silent it made deaf ears come to life in years passing by so quickly beneath the oak tree of life where leaves fall softly on the ground with loud noise like there was no tomorrow in which the bees that hatched did not believe in as I lay quietly on the soft ground that resonated sounds of earthquake from this upcoming winter's forming mountain beneath the calmest ocean that lay beyond the mice that flew beside the calmest ocean there ever was for no ocean could endure the mice loud noise, the turbulence created by the amplitude of waves of sounds penetrating within waves of ocean creating seas of rising water that vaporized into thin layer atop the nearest tree to the horizon were mice lay eggs and then they hatched to reveal tiny bee that sang of upcoming winter so silent it made deaf ears come to life in years passing by so quickly beneath the oak tree of life where leaves fall softly on the ground with loud noise like there was no tomorrow in which the bees that hatched did not believe in as I lay quietly on the soft ground that resonated sounds of earthquake from this upcoming winter's forming mountain beneath the calmest ocean that lay beyond the mice that flew beside the calmest ocean there ever was for no ocean could endure the mice loud noise, the turbulence created by the amplitude of waves of sounds penetrating within waves of ocean creating seas of rising water that vaporized into thin layer atop the nearest tree to the horizon were mice lay eggs and then they hatched to reveal tiny bee that sang of upcoming winter so silent it made deaf ears come to life in years passing by so quickly beneath the oak tree of life where leaves fall softly on the ground with loud noise like there was no tomorrow in which the bees that hatched did not believe in as I lay quietly on the soft ground that resonated sounds of earthquake from this upcoming winter's forming mountain beneath the calmest ocean that lay beyond the mice that flew beside the calmest ocean there ever was for no ocean could endure the mice loud noise, the turbulence created by the amplitude of waves of sounds penetrating within waves of ocean creating seas of rising water that vaporized into thin layer atop the nearest tree to the horizon were mice lay eggs and then they hatched to reveal tiny bee that sang of upcoming winter so silent it made deaf ears come to life in years passing by so quickly beneath the oak tree of life where leaves fall softly on the ground with loud noise like there was no tomorrow in which the bees that hatched did not believe in as I lay quietly on the soft ground that resonated sounds of earthquake from this upcoming winter's forming mountain beneath the calmest ocean that lay beyond the mice that flew beside the calmest ocean there ever was for no ocean could endure the mice loud noise, the turbulence created by the amplitude of waves of sounds penetrating within waves of ocean creating seas of rising water that vaporized into thin layer atop the nearest tree to the horizon were mice lay eggs and then they hatched to reveal tiny bee that sang of upcoming winter so silent it made deaf ears come to life in years passing by so quickly beneath the oak tree of life where leaves fall softly on the ground with loud noise like there was no tomorrow in which the bees that hatched did not believe in as I lay quietly on the soft ground that resonated sounds of earthquake from this upcoming winter's forming mountain beneath the calmest ocean that lay beyond the mice that flew beside the calmest ocean there ever was for no ocean could endure the mice loud noise, the turbulence created by the amplitude of waves of sounds penetrating within waves of ocean creating seas of rising water that vaporized into thin layer atop the nearest tree to the horizon were mice lay eggs and then they hatched to reveal tiny bee that sang of upcoming winter so silent it made deaf ears come to life in years passing by so quickly beneath the oak tree of life where leaves fall softly on the ground with loud noise like there was no tomorrow in which the bees that hatched did not believe in as I lay quietly on the soft ground that resonated sounds of earthquake from this upcoming winter's forming mountain beneath the calmest ocean that lay beyond the mice that flew beside the calmest ocean there ever was for no ocean could endure the mice loud noise, the turbulence created by the amplitude of waves of sounds penetrating within waves of ocean creating seas of rising water that vaporized into thin layer atop the nearest tree to the horizon were mice lay eggs and then they hatched to reveal tiny bee that sang of upcoming winter so silent it made deaf ears come to life in years passing by so quickly beneath the oak tree of life where leaves fall softly on the ground with loud noise like there was no tomorrow in which the bees that hatched did not believe in as I lay quietly on the soft ground that resonated sounds of earthquake from this upcoming winter's forming mountain beneath the calmest ocean that lay beyond the mice that flew beside the calmest ocean there ever was for no ocean could endure the mice loud noise, the turbulence created by the amplitude of waves of sounds penetrating within waves of ocean creating seas of rising water that vaporized into thin layer atop the nearest tree to the horizon were mice lay eggs and then they hatched to reveal tiny bee that sang of upcoming winter so silent it made deaf ears come to life in years passing by so quickly beneath the oak tree of life where leaves fall softly on the ground with loud noise like there was no tomorrow in which the bees that hatched did not believe in as I lay quietly on the soft ground that resonated sounds of earthquake from this upcoming winter's forming mountain beneath the calmest ocean that lay beyond the mice that flew beside the calmest ocean there ever was for no ocean could endure the mice loud noise, the turbulence created by the amplitude of waves of sounds penetrating within waves of ocean creating seas of rising water that vaporized into thin layer atop the nearest tree to the horizon were mice lay eggs and then they hatched to reveal tiny bee that sang of upcoming winter so silent it made deaf ears come to life in years passing by so quickly beneath the oak tree of life where leaves fall softly on the ground with loud noise like there was no tomorrow in which the bees that hatched did not believe in as I lay quietly on the soft ground that resonated sounds of earthquake from this upcoming winter's forming mountain beneath the calmest ocean that lay beyond the mice that flew beside the calmest ocean there ever was for no ocean could endure the mice loud noise, the turbulence created by the amplitude of waves of sounds penetrating within waves of ocean creating seas of rising water that vaporized into thin layer atop the nearest tree to the horizon were mice lay eggs and then they hatched to reveal tiny bee that sang of upcoming winter so silent it made deaf ears come to life in years passing by so quickly beneath the oak tree of life where leaves fall softly on the ground with loud noise like there was no tomorrow in which the bees that hatched did not believe in as I lay quietly on the soft ground that resonated sounds of earthquake from this upcoming winter's forming mountain beneath the calmest ocean that lay beyond the mice that flew beside the calmest ocean there ever was for no ocean could endure the mice loud noise, the turbulence created by the amplitude of waves of sounds penetrating within waves of ocean creating seas of rising water that vaporized into thin layer atop the nearest tree to the horizon were mice lay eggs and then they hatched to reveal tiny bee that sang of upcoming winter so silent it made deaf ears come to life in years passing by so quickly beneath the oak tree of life where leaves fall softly on the ground with loud noise like there was no tomorrow in which the bees that hatched did not believe in as I lay quietly on the soft ground that resonated sounds of earthquake from this upcoming winter's forming mountain beneath the calmest ocean that lay beyond the mice that flew beside the calmest ocean there ever was for no ocean could endure the mice loud noise, the turbulence created by the amplitude of waves of sounds penetrating within waves of ocean creating seas of rising water that vaporized into thin layer atop the nearest tree to the horizon were mice lay eggs and then they hatched to reveal tiny bee that sang of upcoming winter so silent it made deaf ears come to life in years passing by so quickly beneath the oak tree of life where leaves fall softly on the ground with loud noise like there was no tomorrow in which the bees that hatched did not believe in as I lay quietly on the soft ground that resonated sounds of earthquake from this upcoming winter's forming mountain beneath the calmest ocean that lay beyond the mice that flew beside the calmest ocean there ever was for no ocean could endure the mice loud noise, the turbulence created by the amplitude of waves of sounds penetrating within waves of ocean creating seas of rising water that vaporized into thin layer atop the nearest tree to the horizon were mice lay eggs and then they hatched to reveal tiny bee that sang of upcoming winter so silent it made deaf ears come to life in years passing by so quickly beneath the oak tree of life where leaves fall softly on the ground with loud noise like there was no tomorrow in which the bees that hatched did not believe in as I lay quietly on the soft ground that resonated sounds of earthquake from this upcoming winter's forming mountain beneath the calmest ocean that lay beyond the mice that flew beside the calmest ocean there ever was for no ocean could endure the mice loud noise, the turbulence created by the amplitude of waves of sounds penetrating within waves of ocean creating seas of rising water that vaporized into thin layer atop the nearest tree to the horizon were mice lay eggs and then they hatched to reveal tiny bee that sang of upcoming winter so silent it made deaf ears come to life in years passing by so quickly beneath the oak tree of life where leaves fall softly on the ground with loud noise like there was no tomorrow in which the bees that hatched did not believe in as I lay quietly on the soft ground that resonated sounds of earthquake from this upcoming winter's forming mountain beneath the calmest ocean that lay beyond the mice, the men, and me with no ears.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. draqon Banned Banned

I sat and cried...and heard no cries within me...

8. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

"if it weren't for the horse I would have never made it to college"

9. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Or...

Y
    o
    u

c
    a
    n

m
    a
    k
    e

y
    o
    u
    r

t
    h
    r
    e
    a
    d

m
    u
    c
    h

l
    o
    n
    g
    e
    r

b
    y

m
    a
    k
    i
    n
    g

a
    l
    l

o
    f

y
    o
    u
    r

p
    o
    s
    t
    s

v
    e
    r
    t
    i
    c
    a
    l
    l
    y

l
    i
    k
    e

t
    h
    i
    s

a
    n
    d

u
    s
    i
    n
    g

a

l
    a
    r
    g
    e
    r

f
    o
    n
    t

S
    e
    e
    ?

10. draqon Banned Banned

...if it weren't for the goat...not the horse.

11. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

i'm pretty sure it was a horse.

12. valich Registered Senior Member

A moron Mormon who was telling people on NPR news that the reason the tsunami hit India was because it was God's way of "teaching us a lesson."

13. glaucon tending tangentially Registered Senior Member

I once heard someone call Oprah intelligent.

14. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

The weirdest thing I have heard is that mathematics beyond pre-algebra is pointless for most of the population.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2006
  15. glaucon tending tangentially Registered Senior Member

Sounds about right to me..

16. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Yes. I know that 99% of the population has no fucking need for logorithms.

However, mathematics is about the only subject we have left in government schools that teaches logic, thinking, and visual reasoning. Everything else is essentially memorization and learning to write papers.

However, it is getting to the point of simply memorizing forumulas and bitching that x^2 + 3x + 6 = 0 has no practical purpose other than to pass the test.

17. glaucon tending tangentially Registered Senior Member

You answered to your own point. School taught mathematics does not teach logic or reasoning in any way shape or form anymore. As you pointed out, all they are taught is to learn by rote, and mechanically apply variables into formulae. At no point is there any actual teaching involved; theoretical instruction is a thing of the past. It's no wonder why the students of the Western world consistently rank far, far behind the rest of the world's students.

18. Sci-Phenomena Reality is in the Minds Eye Registered Senior Member

The oddest thing I ever saw... hmm.... I bet some one can at least guess.

19. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

20. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Yea. I just feel that mathematics is all we have left to save us, and it is failing.

The best, and most fun, mathematics class I ever took in grade school was trig. Trig was great because our teacher actually derived/proved everything and explained it all. And the tests were designed to test our undertanding, not rule memorization and numerical problems. Granted, the average grade in our class (a REGULAR trig class) was much less than the HONORS trig class. However, the students in the honors trig class felt like they were learning nothing and not getting much out of the class. Our class did, on average, better in later math classes like calculus than the honors kids.

I think today it's about grades. Whoever has the highest grade wins. It's sad, but I believe it is true.

21. Sci-Phenomena Reality is in the Minds Eye Registered Senior Member

baaahahahahahaha

22. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

Weather balloon...?

Swamp gas...?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

23. glaucon tending tangentially Registered Senior Member

I agree, it is sad.
    And yet, when your entire societal philosophy is run by that ethic (whoever has the highest grade wins...), it's no real surprise....