The story of Satan

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Oniw17, Oct 22, 2006.

1. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

I was thinking about the origins of the story of satan being cast into hell. I have a picture of an ancient king throwing his rebelious little brother into a lava pit. Is there any way we could know if this might have happened?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Zephyr Humans are ONE Registered Senior Member

1) Die.
    2) If there is an afterlife, ask.
    If not ... too bad.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

Not the actual story of satan, but somebody being thrown into a lava pit.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Zephyr Humans are ONE Registered Senior Member

Research it, I suppose. Do you have any more background info?

8. draqon Banned Banned

:bugeye: and umm...why would you be interested in that?:bugeye:

9. lightgigantic Banned Banned

I guess you just have to do the rounds in your local neighbourhood of all the people being sacrificed into volcanoes and make up a short list of those that innvolve a person who goes by the name of "Satan".

10. Godless Objectivist Mind Registered Senior Member

Satan, Lucifer, what ever you are going to name the nemis of god, the only reason this deity was created, and it's home "hell" the eternaly damned in fire, for not believing in such diety god, allah, zeus, whateve, this shit was created to MANIPULATE the ignorant. It has worked wonders, it has made many a priest have total power of idiots who believed this shit, and they live off those who pay the sob's that have raped their children, live in better houses than most of the congregations, drive Mercedes, wear Rollex watches, and spew bull shit every Sunday morning on TV, and still the dumbasses suport these theives! Cause of fear of ending up in such made up bull shit as hell, or that some devil, satan exists! :bugeye:

11. Zephyr Humans are ONE Registered Senior Member

It's led to some interesting stories though - like Dante's Inferno.

12. falcon22 Registered Senior Member

all satan did was reason a little bit asking, "God, why are you God and not me?"

Then God condemned him and at the same time, granted him ability to dominate and control hell and then eventually permission to put "sinful" people into hell for eternity. Yeah, God is really creative, isn't he?