American imperialists at it again. Land? No. Sea? No. Space!

Discussion in 'World Events' started by mountainhare, Oct 20, 2006.

1. mountainhare Banned Banned

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=4601

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

Those who can ... do.

Those who can't do whine loudly so as to appear to do.

An ages-old formula that was outted millenia ago; and folks still think it's a new and useful strategy.

Ask for a hardship tuition refund.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. terryoh Registered Senior Member

As if the EU, Chinese, and Russians will be put off and back off. They won't. We just like to think they will.

The one country to really worry about is China. They are progressing faster technologically than any other country (including the US) currently. That's not to say that they have better technology than America. But the rate at which they adopt and implement technologies is at an unprecendented level. Although their space programme is only at it's infant stages, they've already sent a man in orbit. It'll only be a matter of time (I say 10 to 15 years) when their space technology and our space technology are equivalent.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

They Cant Claim Space.

-mt

8. mountainhare Banned Banned

Mr. G:
    1. Who is 'whining'? There is a notable difference between justifable outrage, and 'whining'.

2. To be frank, American imperialists haven't 'done' anything, yet. They have mere made clear their intentions to dominate in space, and prevent anyone 'hostile' to their country from access to space. Bush is welcome to his fanciful little dreams, but I doubt that China, Russia, or the EU will tolerate Bush acting on his intentions. America is having trouble maintaining influence on the land and sea. I fail to see how it could monopolize space.

3. As for whining, the U.S seems to be doing a lot of that regarding North Korea's nukes. Lots of whining, very little 'doing'.

Stupid little Americans. When will you realize that many countries of the world have realized that you are all bark, and no bite! Give the bully a bloody nose, and he won't be so eager to attack you.

9. volpeculus sagacis Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodies Registered Senior Member

:bugeye: Some patent inconsistency here on our policymakers' part...

10. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

What can you say about such breath-taking arrogance? Nothing that will make any difference. Might makes right.

I'm only really writing to say that the thread title is one of the funniest and most inspired I've ever seen on Sciforums.

11. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

This genie was let out of this bottle when Sputnik I was launched 49 years ago this month. I guess the development of space technology actually is "rocket science," as they say, but apparently "rocket science" is not all that difficult. The militarization of space is inevitable, it's quixotic to talk of preventing it. We pacifists could badger the USA not to do it (in our dreams) but that won't stop the other big countries and the more prosperous small ones.

There are some things you younger people will live to see and you simply are going to have to adapt to them because unless civilization collapses they are going to happen whether anyone--or almost everyone--likes it or not.
    • Weapons will orbit the earth.
    • Anyone who wants to know where you are and where you've been will be able to find out.
    • Anyone who wants to know what you've been spending your money on will be able to find out.
    • Anyone who wants to know what you do when you're outside your home or on the internet will be able to find out.
    • And your children will live to see the day when that also applies in your home.
    And this is just a partial list of the obvious applications of foreseeable technology.

12. John99 Banned Banned

Dont worry America will never attack any part of Europe, the founding father's fought so hard to escape that place.

And thankfully there is a big ocean separating us

13. Chatha big brown was screwed up Registered Senior Member

I see no problem here, they colonized the moon and have a lot of authoritative Space programs going on. I'll most likely do the same