Four U.S. soldiers charged with rape and murder

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Michael, Oct 19, 2006.

1. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Four U.S. soldiers charged with rape and murder

I thought I would post an update on the rape and murder of an innocent Iraqi child by 4 US solders. I seem to remember someone poo hooing my original post as pre-judging the US solders even though one of them had already admitted guilt.

One of the soldiers, 23-year-old Army Spec. James P. Barker, told an Army criminal investigator that after the killings he poured kerosene on the girl's bullet-ridden body, according to testimony in August at a military hearing. The girl's father, mother and five-year-old sister were also killed, according to military officials. Barker said in an interview that he held the girl down while she was raped by another soldier, Sgt. Paul Cortez, 23, according to Special Agent Benjamin Bierce of the Army's Criminal Investigation Division.

Barker said he then attempted to rape the girl himself, before she was shot to death by former Pfc. Steven D. Green, Bierce said. Green is no longer in the military and faces charges in civilian court. But, Barker added, he was not sure if he penetrated the girl, because he was having trouble getting an erection. Bierce also testified that Barker admitted pouring kerosene from a lamp onto the girl's body, although it was unclear from the testimony who set the girl on fire.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Genji Registered Senior Member

They should be tried in Iraqi courts. Crimes against locals are a past time of under educated redneck US soldiers, the 'low fruit' swaggering with their arrogance and brutality. This isn't the only instance of course. Support the Troops? HA! More like put the thugs in an Iraqi prison. Peel those US flag stickers off your cars everyone, they're dripping in blood.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Pheegen Registered Senior Member

Yes, try them in an Iraqi court.
    Now, I believe going in there was wrong, but leaving now would be worse, so i support the troops being there seeing it through as best they can.
    But any crimes commited in Iraq against Iraqi's should be punished by Iraqi laws, even if that means they face the death penalty, even though I don't support the death penalty.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Masterrelin Registered Member

You cant have one incident change your views on a whole topic its war and atrocities, on both sides, are garenteed( i spelled that wrong didnt i) the question is are the good the soldiers are doing thier worth the evil they are commiting?