my old account

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by justthisguy, Oct 18, 2006.

1. justthisguy Registered Member

Hey everybody. This is RubiksMaster posting under my new account.

My old account had over 700 posts, and I don't think I was having any problems, but then my account stopped working one day. I could log in, but it won't let me post anything.

I tried sending a PM to porfiry, but to no avail. If anyone out there with the power to do so reads this, I would like to know what happened to my account. I find it hard to believe that I would have been banned, or put into a limited user group, because I didn't cause any problems.

Anyway, you might see me posting under this name from time to time. If my other account doesn't get fixed though (or I don't get an explanation), I might just lurk for a while and then disappear.

So if you never hear from me again, I've enjoyed my stay at sciforums. It's been fun. Have a nice life.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

wrooooooooooooooooong.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Well you are not on the banned list, I'm sure that one of the Admins could probably send you a new password to your registered email account and maybe look to see what the problem was.

8. draqon Banned Banned

...and what if its some creep trying to get user account of RubiksMaster?

9. justthisguy Registered Member

Is there any way I can prove it? If Athelwulf came around, he could vouch for me, because he's the one member that I know personally.

Yeah, but I know my password already. I've tried resetting it several times. Which admin should I contact? Like I said, I've already tried sending a PM to porfiry, and I haven't heard back. I saw that I wasn't in the banned list. I have a friend who moderates on another forum, and she suggested maybe I got put into a limited user group, as a way of forcing me (without confrontation) to stop posting without actually banning me.

If nobody believes me, I'm sure an admin can check to see that I am indeed on the same IP as Rubik, and my email address is the same. Or why not just do the correspondence through the email on RubiksMaster's account? That way if I turn out not to be him (which I am), then I wouldn't get the message, and I wouldn't be able to take over his (my) account.

In either case, somebody with power needs to know that RubiksMaster can no longer post, as of about 3 weeks ago.

10. Kunax Sciforums:Reality not required Registered Senior Member

which is why stryder said "to your registered email account" and not to some bogus account of your choosing

justthisguy, porf is no longer the owner of sciforums, he passed owner ship on to some other fellas some weeks ago.

so is it working?
    View Profile: RubiksMaster
    Last Activity: 5 Minutes Ago 07:43 PM
    Modifying Password - 5 Minutes Ago

11. justthisguy Registered Member

Ah, that explains it then.

See that's the thing. I can log in, and it will show that. As you see, I tried resetting my pw yet again. Didn't work.

ToR suggested using a proxy, becuase that worked for her. It didn't for me.

Here is a screenshot of what happens when I actually log in. I circled the oddities in red (the one on the left has never showed up before, so I think it was a fluke, or an incomplete page load due to the proxy).

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p151/justthisguy87/screenshot2.jpg

12. oozish Banned Banned

brother justthiguy use firefox web-browser

13. Kunax Sciforums:Reality not required Registered Senior Member

why use proxy servers?
    is it working in Firefox?

the error your getting is an error in the html for what ever reason.
    FireFox has some autocorrecting in its html parser, so if you primaryly use FF that might be the reason you why you have not seen the error before now.

try delete you cached setting and reload sciforums

14. oozish Banned Banned

brother thats what I am talking about...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

:m:

15. justthisguy Registered Member

Actually I've been using firefox. Incidentally, I switched to firefox after the problem occured, because I thought maybe it was a problem with IE. I just tried IE to see if maybe it worked. I've tried deleting temporary internet files, cookies, etc, and nothing has worked.

Actually, come to think of it, I think the problem started after I deleted my cookies. The only thing that doesn't make sense about that explanation is that I've tried it on multiple computers, and nothing works. So the problem must be server-side.

16. Kunax Sciforums:Reality not required Registered Senior Member

oh yea i forgot; zox, pseud0 are the new owners of sciforums

It is not always good , I remember it being a pain in the butt to figure out why your otherwise fully functional code does not work in IE

17. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

It does sound cookie related. Like the information getting to the server is stale and this is generating the malformed occurance.

I remember a few discussions about NTL gateway systems and how they use Proxy caches that sometimes hold stale data, which in the case of your login kind of matches. Simply you change session data on your computer but the proxy isn't getting the message to accept new data over the old.

The suggested fix if I remember correctly was just pressing the refresh/reload button when you first open the websites page, just to ensure that the cache has been given a refresh command.

If the problem persists, contact Pseud0 about the problem. Get him to actually test your user account before stating whether he's got it working or not, this way someone else has had a go at getting your account to work.

Hopefully when he checks he can look at the Data entries in the database that correspond to you to make sure that it hasn't been malformed.

18. justthisguy Registered Member

Stryder - I think I understand what you're saying. I sent a PM to pseud0. In the meantime, is there anything else I can try on my end?

19. pseud0 El Comandante Administrator

Check your PM!

20. RubiksMaster Real eyes realize real lies Registered Senior Member

Sweet! It works now. Out of curiosity, what was wrong, and how did you fix it?

21. sderenzi Banned Banned

That's weird, so what are you going to do with justthisguy?

22. Kunax Sciforums:Reality not required Registered Senior Member

RubiksMaster is using a sockpuppet and should be banned

23. leopold Valued Senior Member

everyone that reads this thread knows the story.
    it's my opinion that a sock puppet is an alter identity whose original identity is unknown.
    i do feel that justthisguy should be banned.