655000 Dead in Iraq War?

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Buffalo Roam, Oct 17, 2006.

1. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

What a preposterous number, the war in Iraq has been going on for 1309 days, divide 655000 by this number and the daily death toil is 500.76 KIA per day, never heard this reported in the news? 501 death a day? OK who is kidding who? Who is trying to make political hay? this isn't even a attempt at being statistical, or even analytical, this is just a bald faced lie.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Genji Registered Senior Member

That's right. We all know the media in Iraq has full access to real death toll numbers

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Only TWO people have been killed in the war on Iraq! Any other number is a librull LIE pushed by Swift Boat veterans and communist lesbians!!

So America? Don't be afraid to send your kids to Iraq! There's LESS death than ever!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Genji, the number comes from your own liberal Anti War, Anti American, Left Wing Waco's, and simple math shows the answer, even al Jazeera news has never claimed these numbers, do the math it's not possible, or don't you do math? Hell you can't tell me with the hell raised over Foley by the News, that they would keep something like this under wraps!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. chodeexpert Banned Banned

Im sorry but your buying into Propoganda that has been put out there in order to gain support for the war. No, 655000 deaths is a preposterous number but only two is insane. At least recognize the number of people who have died and show some respect for them.

8. original sine Registered Senior Member

ALL NEW sugar-free Iraq! Now with 33% less death!
    For a blast of excitement, try the NEW Iran! Available while supplies last.

9. Genji Registered Senior Member

So the neocons think Iraq's war deaths are no big fuckin deal! Right!? Get over it America! Only good, pure Christian Democracy is happening in Iraq. THEY have the FACTUAL death toll. Everyone else is lying and making the war seem like a War! The purple finger elections brought democracy, peace and love for American troops. Everyone else is LYING!

Iraq, the War on Iraq and the US policies that got us there are an abysmal FAILURE. A disaster on all counts. Admit your failures, like a man.

10. Genji Registered Senior Member

LOL!!!!!

Very Good!!

11. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

More people die each day of natural causes than by any other means.

So it's not too bad that stupidity is one of the natural causes.

12. Genji Registered Senior Member

We've killed more Iraqis than Saddam, not even including the civil war we built.

13. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

Okay. But we haven't.

14. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Genji, do you even know how to do simple math?

15. Genji Registered Senior Member

Conservative Perpective: There are MORE Iraqis now than there were BEFORE the War on Iraq! Saddam Murdered MILLIONS while the mighty and righteous Americans haven't killed ANY! That's a FACT!

Genji's Perspective: Iraq is a bloodbath. Dead US kids, our first responders are over there being killed & wounded, 150k Iraqis are dead since the invasion and we haven't accomplished a single thing to show for it all, other than Hussein isn't the president. The FACT is Iraqis of all stripes hate Americans more than Saddam. Another trillion for 5 more years of war? Conservatives?? Hello? Hello......

16. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

You can see that from your colon?

I have US trooper friends in iraq and let me tell you something, while it is not an ideal paradise the Iraqis keep syaing how much BETTER it is now, even with the sectarian violence.

17. Genji Registered Senior Member

Riiiiiight. Things are sooooo much better with the country ripped apart by civil war, shortages, destruction and foreign occupation! All is so well there why don't we just leave! Surely they will bloom into a Jeffersonian Democracy and convert to Christianity and Fox News! Why the purple finger elections PROVES it. It's a FACT!!

18. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

You know what? What you think is not important for two reasons. #1: You are not and Iraqi or US Soldier. #2: You reject anything positive that resulted and focus on the negative.

Yes many Iraqi civillians have died, but that number is far less that Saddam has killed in just one Mustard Gassing of the Kurds. So Unless you are going to go there and try to make it a better place, please remeber your opinions are no better than farts in the wind.

19. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Genji, show any documentation of these numbers that you quote, or are you pulling them out of the thin air? there is no documentation to show that the death total is any were near the 655,000 mark.

20. Genji Registered Senior Member

As long as my country is at war with Iraq and my money is being used to fight Iraqis I'll bitch and complain about it as loud and often as possible. Adapt. 18k Kurds in the mid 80's, when Hussein was a buddy of the Right does not even compare to Iraqi dead by US hands. I think more male Iraqi prisoners were raped by US troops than the silly Kurd thing, the only corner the conthervatives have left to cower in.

21. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6040054.stm

The Johns Hopkins researchers argue their "cluster sample" approach is more reliable than counting dead bodies, given the obstacles preventing more comprehensive fieldwork in the violent and insecure conditions of Iraq.

Cluster sample is more reliable then actual numbers? The actual dead bodies don't count? If you have the actual body to be counted, then how is a sample going to be more accurate?

22. Genji Registered Senior Member

Is it zero or is it 650k? You have all the facts BR, as a conservative. I've heard anywhere from 90k to 200k on CNN, BBC, the Kansas City Star, The Militant (www.themilitant.com) and dozens of other periodicals. newspapers and CSPAN. I think it's at least 100k.

23. Genji Registered Senior Member

Well we know if it isn't a number agreeable to you and the neoconmen then it's a lie, which is why I'm not going to the time & trouble of searching for links for you to dismiss. When I can afford a research assistant I might consider pelting you with links. Meanwhile, adapt.