The Phenomena, Structure and Principles of Mind
(Hi all, I post this thread in this wonderful forum to discuss mind with all of those interested in mind. I have researched mind for more than 15 years and never published what I got. I don’t mind copyrights though I will update this thread if someone gives valuable thoughts or questions and the author or asker will be noted. This thread is only a summary. The detailed content will be posted separately and be linked in summary. Thank you.)
1. How to research mind? To create model basing on the facts of mind. The facts are called “phenomena” here. If the model can illuminate all of phenomena of mind and will not derive conclusions that do not belong to mind, I can say it’s a good model of mind.
2. How can a person to be a researcher of mind? The first step is to be a controller of the state of his/her own mind. Then the person can discover things from the different states of mind.
3. What’s mind? The phenomenon of dream hints that the assumption of a mapping which is a duty processor and detector/controller basing on brain can illuminate mind very well. Mind comes from the real world ( brain), but it can solve the problem mapping of the real problems, then react on real world, and if possible, solve the real problem really. It’s a form conversion to get more ability of problem solution. It is created by brain and can react on brain. We can suppose it is created by some state of brain.
4. The existing of mind equals to mind’s working, i.e., there are no minds existing but not working, or working but not existing. One of the functions of mind is acknowledging, i.e. brain creates mind to know things including brain and mind itself. There are questions can not be answered, but there are no things can not be acknowledged, for once the phenomena of he things are detected by mind, they will be acknowledged by mind.
5. Where’s “me”? “Me” is found. Brain is not “me”, brain is “mine”. There is no “me” without mind. If my hands take something, I can not say my hands take something, I should say I control my hands to take something. It’s “me” who should take the responsibility of taking something while not my hands. Mind is seeking. Mind found “me”. I’m seeking “me”. “Me” is the answer to the question of “who…””whom…”. Me is the whole mind.
6. Mind can be parted, but there’s only one part of mind can work separately. It’s the smallest me. Any other parts of mind can not work separately and functionally.
7. The structure of mind: This structure comes from the phenomena of dream, thinking, action, etc.
8. How many reasons are there for mind to exist? I.e. its functions? It’s a predominance for the species which have mind to survive in environment or can expand their arrange of surviving environment, for mind can solve problems in another form which can lead to strong function.
9. How does mind help the species to survive predominantly? Not only can it response to the environment and response to the needs of life, but also it can know the laws of environment and the body, and can intervene the environment and the needs of body to meet the need of body. Mind under the driving of forces gets the mapping of the environment and its own body. The capability of mind is limited by its driving forces and the conditions of the existing of mind and by its working mechanism. It is unlimited in virtual world which does not affect the existing of mind.
10. How do the functions of mind work? There are functions of mind, 01 mapping, 02 distinct, 03 driven by forces, 04 capable of releasing the forces by controlling the direction of the forces, and the accepting of the forces, and balance the forces via controlling the meeting the needs, 05 capable of knowing what the body needs, 06 capable of paying attention to more than two mappings simultaneously, 07 recording of mapping or the things creating in mind, 08 saving the record and the discoveries or conclusions, 09 remembering, 10 mental conflict, 11 different driving forces and paying attention to more than two mappings simultaneously and the attitudes directing, can solve the existing mind, and can form a new one
11. How many styles of mind in the world? What are the differences? From having no brain to having brain, from simple brain to advanced brain. Assumption: anything affects the life will be detected by brain, then mind can creates the relative mapping. Assumption: All of the things that affect the life existing in the universe are ruled by their own laws, and there are no conflicts in the universe i.e., conflicts can only exist in mind. Assumption: a most advanced mind, and idealized model of mind, a final mind: 01 it can get all of the mapping of all of the influential things, 02 it can distinct real and unreal, 03 the differences between a developing mind and the most advanced mind occur in the fields as follows: getting the mapping, recording the mapping, saving, remembering and reminding the mapping, drawing conclusions, the structure of mind, distinct the real and the unreal, capability to imagine under the driving forces of body needs, capability of paying attention to more than two mappings contemporarily, having or not having mental conflict, the necessity to solve of mental conflict and the possibility of solving mental conflict.
12. How many differences are there between the most advanced mind and the mind of real persons? If the persons are normal, there are no differences of structure or essence of mind, but there are differences of the content of mapping, attitude, the interfaces, the driving forces, the direction by attitude, the contemporary attention to relative events, the drawing conclusions, and the way of meeting the body needs between different career persons.
13. Why are there investors? Why are there workers? Why are there scientists and technologists? Why are there politicians and soldiers? Cause of the differences in driving forces, the way of meeting the driving forces, the content of mapping of the real world, the interface, the creative world and the creative controlled body action and the mapping of body.
14. Why are there happy people? Why are there sad people? Cause of different driving forces, different experience of meeting the body needs, different confidence of future, different attitude to experiences or to driving forces.
15. How many differences between the mind of human and the mind of other species? The first one is the structure of the mind. The second one is the function of the parts of the mind ( weak function or no function ).
16. Any values of the development of mind? Apparently, there will be no function of mind if no mind. If the mind is under developing, the function of mind will be weaker than that of advanced one. It means that the mind will be weaker in mapping, restoring, saving, reminding, attitude, redirecting, contemporary attention, getting the laws of phenomena, lacking of conflict in the mind, solving the conflict in the mind, etc. The most important one is to get the intelligent ways of meeting the body needs, intervening the environment and the body needs to make the meeting between the body needs and the environment. I.e. there is predominance of the advanced mind.
17. The phenomena of mind and their illusions.
a) Mapping. Function of mind. if the function is normal, the mapping will only come from the existing or ever existed events in the real world, i.e., this part of mind can not create any facts, the facts in this part of mind can only come from outside. Mind can only think the events in the mapping world are real if the interface between the real world and the mapping world is not combining.
b) Recording. Both of mapping and creative world can record, save, and remember facts, and the facts can re-emerge in both parts of mind.
c) The mapping of mind and the creative part of mind can both be driven by the driving forces, it leads to facts active in mapping world, i.e., dream. If the facts in creative part of mind driven by driving forces, this part of mind will create facts (thinking or imagining) or the facts can be driven by forces (thinking or imagining).
d) Saving in mind. The mapping world, creative world and the duty undertaker have the function of saving. But we usually use the function of saving of the creative world and the duty undertaker.
e) Remembering. It the function of creative world and the duty undertaker.
f) Because the conditions for thinking or action are different from each other, thinking and action can not work well in the same time.
g) The parting and combining of interface. If there is no parting, human can not dream, can not think, can not imagine, etc., if there is no combining, human can not get facts from real world.
h) Imagination. This part of mind can be called creative world. Creative world can not create imaginary things alone. It must work together with the duty undertaker. Human can imagine, think, basing on the function of this part of mind when driven by the forces. There are three kinds of imagination, remembering, imagining driven by driving forces of needs, thinking and drawing conclusions driven by the forces of facts.
i) Contemporary Attention. It is the key of thinking. The function of this part of mind helps human to have thinking ability. If conditions are complete, the functions can make human to draw conclusion. Human can discover the laws of phenomena by the function.
j) Cognition map. It’s the function of the creative world. The cognition map can be convenient for someone to explore some area, but it also can cheat someone if the real area changes after the forming of the cognition map.
k) Recognizing. If the mapping of something matches the memory in the creative world, and if the memory is created by mapping in the past, it is called recognizing. If the mapping of something does not match any memory in the creative world, the things would be called discovered newly.
l) Finding ones dream. If the mapping of something matches the memory in the creative world, and if the memory is created by the needs of body or mind, things will be called realizing dream.
m) The sixth sense, the mystery voice. It’s created by the function of the mapping world. Or it’s caused by abnormal mapping world.
n) Ghost. Ghost is created by the function of creative world. Ghost is derived by the imaginary facts occuring in mind. It’s a conclusion, not fact.
o) Curious. It is the hungry of the mapping and the creative world.
p) Wrongly recognizing. The imaginary image in the creative world of mind can disturb “me” to recognize things. “I” found it’s wrong after action. There are two kinds of disturbing, 1. imaginary facts make me to confuse the real facts, 2. will power forces some imagination to occur to note me what my body needs, for example, some food.
q) Believe and doubt. Both by driving forces. There’s no doubt in new born babies’ mind for there are no driving forces in their mind to doubt. They will doubt if they are cheated for the experience of cheated will lead to driving forces in their mind.
r) Facts accepting and rejecting. Along with paying attention contemporarily and the 3 below, they are the freest functions of mind.
s) Attitude. A conclusion of how to treat things. It’s one of the most subjective function of mind.
t) Direction. The function of seeking factors of events, or seeking illumination of events, especially values.
u) Redirection. Under the opposite driving forces, directions can be doubted and can be redirected.
v) Releasing and forming of the driving forces meeting path. Driving meeting paths are made under the conditions of driving forces, attitudes, direction, redirection and paying attention simultaneously.
w) Driving forces. The first source of driving forces comes from biological needs, and the emotional and physical senses of their meeting experiences. The second driving forces are facts and the ways of meeting needs. The third driving forces are the attitudes, conclusions, etc.
x) Driving forces that come from violence can only be balanced by another opposite violence. So no violence initially, but violence is necessary if there’s violence already occurred.
y) Mental conflicts. Mental conflicts come from two kinds of sources, one is caused by the driving forces of the copies of mapping, the other is the body needs and the meeting in real world. The body needs and the meeting in real world are the more important than the other. The solution of any mental conflict has to solve the body needs meeting in reality first, or, the mental conflicts can not be solved really.
z) The conflict between body needs and the environment. First, the needs should be doubted whether they are reasonable, or the needs should be changed if possible. Secondly, to meet the needs in environment if possible. Third, to know the laws that rule the needs and the environment.
aa) Mental blocks. There are normal mental blocks and the abnormal mental blocks. The function of normal mental blocks is to restrict the actions. The harm of abnormal mental blocks is to restrict vehaviors wrongly. Both of normal or abnormal mental blocks are harmful to knowledge progress. The progress of knowledge have to come from absolute freedom, mentally and socially.
bb) The way of meeting the needs of body. The way, the process of meeting the needs of body is established in mind, but realized in reality. If necessary and possible, to change the needs of body to solve the conflict in mind. The establishment of way of meeting the needs of body is to know the environment and the body and establish a real way to meet the needs.
cc) Intervening the environment and the needs of body. The intervening the environment is limited by the facts and the laws ruling the facts.
dd) The real body, real environment and the unreal mind. Mind can never be real, but its function can help to meet the needs of real body in real environment. The working base of mind is on the copies of real needs of body and the real environment.
ee) Proving the content in mind. Since mind is not real, if it is wanted to work effectively in real world, the contents in mind should be proved.
ff) Imagination, daydream, thinking and dream. Imagination, daydream, and thinking are the function of creative world, the creative controlled world and the duty undertaker. The dream is the function of more range of mind, i.e. adding the mapping of the world and the mapping controlled world, almost the whole mind.
gg) Imagination of action. It is in the creative controlled world.
hh) Wanting to act. It is in the mapping of controlled world
ii) Real action. It occurs in the real world
jj) Waking. People can distinct the driving forces to the mapping world whether they are coming from the real world or coming from the inner.
kk) Language. The set of name forms language. Language occurs naturally in anybody’s mind.
ll) Common language and the imitation of different minds. Common language for communication. The imitation of different minds makes it possible to communicate.
mm) Communication. Two conditions, the imitation and the same status of mind, make it possible for human to communicate. Or there will be no real communicate between humans. Communication is not only a information transferring, but also a status re-merging in other minds.
nn) The normal mind. If a mind is normal, it means it is structurely normal, functionally normal, valuely normal and systematically normal. Or there are 4 kind of abnormal of mind.
oo) The abnormal mind, structurely, functionally, valuely, systematically. It will lead to idiot, mental blocks, evil, conflicts in mind.
pp) The reform of mind or the rebuilding of mind. This part of the content is the most important. It can help to discover the laws that things run under its rules. I.e. it can help to discover more about mind and it’s the only way to discover the laws ruling mind.
qq) The conditions of the reform of mind. First, the opposite forces, strong enough to defeat the resistance of the formed mind. Second, the doubt and new attitudes. Third, re-emerging of the process of forming old mind and to solve it by paying attention to it with the opposite forces, the doubt and the new attitudes. Forth, accept the driving of new stronger forces to form a new mind.
rr) Brain saves mind. People can sleep and wake, can comma and wake, the people are the same after wake, it means the mind can be saved and can be reactive without any lost.
ss) The mapping between brain and mind. It’s one of the most difficult of all of the researching of mind. If the mapping between mind and brain can be discovered, maybe human can be created.
tt) Nature creates all. Nature has no intent. Everything existing is a state of nature. But the existing of mind is conditional, it means mind must have its intent, i.e. its conditions of existing. This also is the intent of life.
uu) The importance of international violence and war. Human’s mind makes human predominant to any other species, but it can make human capable to create a mental system which makes human get satisfied in mind but in reality. It makes human to be evil. If the problem is not so serious, blood and corpses are the price and cost to correct the mind, or to prove whether the mind is a normal one or an abnormal one internationally. If the mind is seriously evil, it can not be correct by blood and corpses internationally.
vv) Interest. What are you interested in? The interests of people are driven by forces, i.e. any kind of need.
ww) Religion. The imaginary facts emerge in mind. If they are believed and accepted by mind, they can affect the status of mind and the emotional sense, or the status of brain, or the status of body. Those who believe all things are controlled by wills and do not believe there are things controlled by nature without intent will be affected by someone’s attitudes to him or her. Then God or Gods are created ( no God creates human, but human creates God.). Obviously, all of needs or problems affected by nature with no wills will not be solved by religion effectively.
xx) Intelligence design. Why do some people need intelligence design? They want to give an illusion of the world. The conflict is intelligence can not be acknowledged, but those people want to acknowledge the world via those which can not be acknowledged intelligence. Can knowledge come from those which can not be acknowledged?
yy) The emotional sense and the career ability. Why do people love and hate some things, why do people accept and reject things into mind? The answers are that driving forces of mind make people to do. They determine what people are interested in and the sorts of people’s career ability.
zz) Artificial intelligence. If researchers want to get breaking through in artificial intelligence via bionics, they have to know the mechanism of the thinking in mind. They have to know how the creative world and the duty undertaker work together.
18. The real interests, evil trap and the force of mental block. The only real interests of human is to survive in environment predominantly. It restricts human to be ruled by the principles of society. The principles will rule human with ethics. Human is often trapped by non-ethics, thinking non-ethics is its interests, and ethics is not his interests. The power of the force of abnormal mental blocks makes people to value things wrongly. The emotional sense and other happy or unhappy sense are the origins of human wisdom. Human relys on them to judge or value things. If a person gets serious abnormal mental blocks, the abnormal mental blocks will leads to wrong emotional sense, or other wrong sense which can make people to value things wrongly and draw wrong conclusion. Any ethnic group can not get predominance if it can not distinct the real interests, evil trap and the abnormal mental blocks. There are other things affect human interests, but the above are the most essential ones.
19. The controlling of will and action. Except directly reflex, driving forces lead to will, will controls the mapping of body. If the interface between the mapping of body and body combines, if will wants to act, body, body acts. The body action actually controlled by driving forces. It is controlled by will during the process.
20. How to affect other’s mind? If beyond normal relationship, how to affect other’s mind technically? The first step is to know that a mind can be affected by own will or other will. The answer is that it is affected absolutely by one’s own will. One’s will can not affect any others’ if one can not affect the others’ “own will”. How can a seller persuade others to act to fulfill the needs of the persuader? Asking or ordering others to act to fulfill the will of asker? The problem is one’s action affects whose benefit. Since one’s action is affected by one’s own will, if one’s own will can not be affected, one can not act to fulfill others’ will. To affect the process of drawing conclusions of one's own will to act to fulfill the third parties' needs or benefit, the conditions: to listen to ; to believe in; to think ; to draw conclusions ; to decide; to act.
21. How strong is the will power? Body can be drived by will, can be controlled by will. How does will power work? There are Non emotional will and emotional will. The strength of will power is the strength of driving force. Attitudes affect the direction of will power.
22. Drived by idea. Idea can not drive a person really. When someone is driven by idea, some way to release driving forces is established. It will lead to action. If there is no any driving force, or no way, or no way of way, or no chance in reality, or no fear of losing way or chance, or no releasing, there will be no action. To grasp chances will lead to quick and strong action. It’s human behavior.
23. Why does human live in society? Why does not human loiter in the jungles alone like a tiger? The way of society to live will make it possible and effective for human to survive. The predominance of human to other species has to occur in society, or the predominance of human will be obstacled, even weaker than other species.
24. The smallest society. A complete nation is a smallest society. It means human has two kinds of lives, one the personal life, the other is the national life. If an international war occurs, a life should be weighted both personally and nationally. If weighted personally, a soldier killed in the battle field is killed thoroughly. If weighted nationally, a soldier killed in the battle field is only part of life lost of a national life.
25. The ethics. There are two sorts of ethics, i.e. internal ethics and international ethics. The internal ethics is only for one’s interests who have to obey the ethics. The international ethics only has to consider own nation’s interests. Mind is driven by its own needs, not by others’ wills. Internal ethics comes from the mechanism of society.
26. The orientation of the development of values, ethics, manners and philosophy. They determine the fortune of human more decisively than genes do. Human should be distinguished by values, ethics, manners, and philosophy, not by genes.
27. The essential characters of a normal society. A normal society means the values and functions of a society can work well and can evolute predominantly. Trade or cooperation is the essential character of a normal society. If a society is normal, trade, business, deal and such things can run well, and the society can get its evolution with its running. If a society is abnormal, it will lose both of running well and getting evolution.
28. A mind race nation, its international competition and dignity. International competition and international dignity both are the most important driving forces for human to evolute or to get progress.
29. The conflict of politics that has to obey the power and the rationality contemporarily. Every regime is the result of competition of power, but any dominance of a nation is the result of rationality. Two kinds of powers determine a regime’s rationality, the power race internal and the national power race internationally and patriotically.
30. The rationality affects the fortune of an ethnic group decisively. The international war is the most important way to clean those abnormal people in human to make evolution of human. Peaceful method can not reach this effect. It’s cause of the characters of the mind of human.
31. The way to get the rationality. People usually want to get the rationality, and unwillingly to be taught lessons, and tend to get rationality by the ways they think that can work, then to test and prove the rationality by the applications of their thoughts.
32. The characteristics of a reasonable society. Along with equality, fairness, common criteria coming from facts is for everyone in a nation, not everyone has a criteria.
33. The aim of human and the way to reach. The aim of human is to survive as a species successfully and predominantly. The way to reach the aim for human is to know the essence of life of human, to know the essence of human needs and to judge whether the needs are normal, and the affective factors and the natural principles of the factors, then to meet the normal needs for life via those factors. Fair competition can help human to get predominance to survive more successfully.
I'm always me
I haven't read all of this, but I think that some of the ideas you present are inspired, even though some might see this rather large post and think that you copied it from somewhere else, I think not.
Originally Posted by Nate's Mind
I also have a interest in the mind, with safety in mind, you may find many interesting and fascinating things of mind. Nice to see that you have the freedom to explore.
(remember that there is no final theory though).
I have the freedom to explore for I prepared for paying the cost.
There are many phenomena of mind I can not explain, for example, we have emotional feelings, what are those? Natural or unnatural? If the border between natural and unnatural is existing without the affection of attitudes or will, our feelings are natural. But how to understand a natural feeling? A physicist can not answer.
I posted this thread only for discussion whether it is a right way to get knowledge of mind.
Last edited by Nate's Mind; 10-15-06 at 06:21 PM.
yea ok...nice system showing purpose of mind and its connection. now...question is what is the purpose of the system?
If what you asked is its applications, it can help us to understand the essence of life and to help us to live better.
so...what have you learned from this system?
Originally Posted by Nate's Mind
I'm writing. The conclusions derived from the system affect philosophy of society, ethics, law and politics.
really??? so AlGaAs layer in the system of your mind...what is its function and why such name and why it is situatuated in such location on the system? But most importantly what is the relation of this layer to the mind?
This is the layer that insulates my conscious mind from my subconscious. And keeps my gate impedance very high. It's function is to keep me from going insane.
Originally Posted by draqon
Anyway, sorry for the distraction. Nate's mind just looks so much like a semiconductor...
The picture looks like an AI computer. But it is not a structure of computer. The stucture is an assumption of facts of mind, and can help us to comprehend mind.
unless u present the advances ur system has brought to the understanding of mind...and explain these advances based on the system, I will stand in shadows as true light on the issue shines to dim for me to grasp anything of great value.
Originally Posted by Nate's Mind