christians!!!

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by kingcarrot, Sep 16, 2006.

1. kingcarrot Registered Senior Member

let me get this straight
    catholicism = saved by mother mary
    protestant = saved by jesus

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: The Blessed Virgin Mary is Co-Redemptrix with her son, Jesus. Many Catholics believe that a faster way to get to her son is to ask Mary to intercede with your prayer.

However, I don't believe this anymore. I'm still out of the ballpark where they may have even existed.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

I have heard that it explained thus:

If Jesus is the head, Mary is the neck. In order to get to the head, one must pass through the neck. Establishing a relationship then with the blessed virgin is necessary.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. kingcarrot Registered Senior Member

M*W? what does this stand for?

8. John99 Banned Banned

They are basically the same.

9. Adstar Valued Senior Member

As a Christen i believe we have only One Redeemer. That is the Messiah Jesus.

catholics have raised Mary to the position of Co-Redemptress meaning they view her as equal with Jesus as a Redeemer. This the absolute blasphemy to a true follower of the Messiah Jesus.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

10. audible un de plusieurs autres Registered Senior Member

it's her signature M(edicine)*W(oman).

11. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

No. It's more:

catholicism: saved by God through the church.
    protestant: saved directly by God.

12. John99 Banned Banned

Not to mention Protestant's have female officiant's (if that's the right word). I went to a Proestant wedding tonight, anfd ate raw spinach. sorry i'm ot, i know.

13. KennyJC Registered Senior Member

Was it not until 1,000 AD that it became (religious) fact that Mary's body upon death ascended up to heaven? Now it's a commonly held belief in Catholicism despite the fact no scripture mentions it. Good demonstration of how invented notions in religion becomes blindly accepted through passage of time.

14. Diogenes' Dog Subvert the dominant cliche... Registered Senior Member

Mary represents the feminine aspect of the divine. Both Catholic and Orthadox churches venerate her. However, I think Catholic doctrine is that while she is supposed to 'intercede', I don't think she 'saves'.

It's interesting that in Jungian psychology it is the manifestation of the female 'anima' from the collective unconscious that forms the first steps to self actualisation e.g. the film "American Beauty"...

I think therefore that protestantism took a wrong turn when they abandoned her - and reverted to an exclusively masculine image of God. It's interesting therefore that protestant churches have adopted women vicars.

15. Leo Volont Registered Senior Member

This demonstrates the success Protestantism has had with their propaganda, as this person above seems to not question that the purpose of Religion is to "save".

"Save".

What does "Save" mean. Well, the Protestants use the term to indicate that they now have a dispensation to sin all they want and still get into Heaven.

The Catholics Religious Orders have never endorsed such a view, though the Paulist Bishops and Priests (and the Pedophiles) lean in that direction.

And all of the World's Higher Religions go nowhere near the Concept of "Saved". To them Religion is about Spirituality, Belief in God, and Moral Instruction with the view of socially reinforcing Righteousness. You can see how telling people that they are allowed to sin, that they are 'Saved' could be very contraproductive to True Religion.

But the Protestants are undoubtedly celebrating that even Atheists are sharing in their Religious Assumptions.

In any debate, one knows one is well ahead when you have maneuvered your opponents into using your own words and terminologies. When you control the language of the argument, the battle is more than half won.

and, yes, it is True that the Protestants have a real, if not often fully admitted hatred and contempt for the Blessed Virgin Mary -- the ONLY Religious Entity that still Appears to the World more or less regularly. In this regards we even have prophecy. Look in the 2nd Chapter of the Gospel of Luke and we will find that the Last Prophet of Judaism -- Simeon had said "We will know the Secret Hearts of those who insult the Heart of Mary", that is, Simeon was telling us that False Religion would be defined by its contempt of Mary. And so it is that we have Biblical Prophecy that directly warns us to see first Paul as an Antichrist, and then ofcourse to see Protestants as the Enemy of True Religion. Paul wrote the majority of Books in the New Testament which are remarkable for two things -- the first, that Paul never once quotes Jesus Christ, and secondly, that he ignored the Blessed Virgin Mary except in so far as he teaches a doctrine diminuitive of women in general.