Jesus Camp

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by wsionynw, Sep 15, 2006.

1. wsionynw Master Queef Valued Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

It is telling when a religion can only sell itself to children.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. wsionynw Master Queef Valued Senior Member

That's the tragedy of it, it's one thing adults acting like fools but to indoctrinate kids into this is fucked up.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. KennyJC Registered Senior Member

I can't bring myself to watch it. The actions of people like this is the reason why religion will never have my respect. It's amazing how brainwashed people can become, and the moderates on this site would do well to understand that is all religion is. Although I use the term 'moderate' loosely since even the moderates on this site seem to think Jesus was actually resurrected.

8. wsionynw Master Queef Valued Senior Member

The USA scares me (and it's not just the mullets)!

9. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

10. baumgarten fuck the man Registered Senior Member

Interesting. The actions of Kimveer Gill is the reason why Canadians will never have my respect.

At any rate, I can tell you it's nothing that you don't expect. These guys exactly fit your description of any theist.

11. Fathoms Banned Banned

Religious insaniacs will be the death of us all.

12. baumgarten fuck the man Registered Senior Member

Themselves, mostly, since those outside of said insaniac demographic are less wont to engage in holy war.

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

He's a Sikh and his behaviour is very unusual for a Sikh. They are usually very boisterous, larger than life people. Sikhs are from the Punjab in India, one of the most prosperous states.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sikh

14. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

There is a preacher named Dave Roever, whose teleministry used to advertise their own camp at which children were encouraged to throw music and books deemed anti-Christian or obscene or whatever onto a bonfire. The scene actually reminded me of the album cover for Styx's Kilroy Was Here. Creepy. And certainly not conducive to my relationship with Christianity.

Interestingly, I'm declining an invitation to attend some cult meeting with my daughter's Christian maternal grandfather; the last thing I need is to go among that many cultists while some nationally-famous evangelist tells me why the theory of evolution is f.o.s. Maybe I should go so I can ask around, holding up a picture of my three year-old daughter: "When, exactly, did sin enter this child?"

We must remember that Christians look forward to the end of the world. "Jesus Camp", as such, is just another effort to rush headlong into the apocalypse.

Sad irony? Voltaire: "I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Puerile Christian hatemongers owe a great deal to the liberals they despise; talk about biting the hand that feeds ....

15. baumgarten fuck the man Registered Senior Member

Kimveer Gill was a Sikh? Seriously? A vampire who's not a neopagan or an atheist? You must be referring to someone else.

But come to think of it, I guess he too was a religious fanatic in his own right.

16. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

The kid on the ground twitching was priceless... oh just think if we had a reality-based religious substitute.

17. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Wait a minute ... you're on to something, CC. Seriously, what about a reality show set at a Christian boarding school? It could be called, "Seeking the Light", or something like that. I mean, wow. A bunch of socially underdeveloped and intellectually constricted students trying to act natural for the camera? Of course, that would alienate Christians all the more, especially the students on the reality show; if they had any secular friends, well, you know how friends never let you forget about embarrassing the hell out of yourself. ("Hey, remember that time you kissed that kid on TV and then cried and begged Jesus for forgiveness?")

Jesus, King of Ratings & Environs.

18. nova900 more spirituality,less dogma Registered Senior Member

Hey, dont' judge us all based on the actions of this guy! I mean, I don't judge all Americans based on the actions of George bush or the two teenagers at Columbine.

Yeah, that Jesus camp is scary! Sort of like the Taliban of christianity.
    What worries me about these type of people is they seem eager to keep the conflict with the Islamic world ( amongst other groups as well) going or intensify it.
    It's too bad people couldn't take the good that exists in all religion and live their lives according to that.
    I went to Pentecostal church one time and that was enough for me...It was like a trip to the lunatic assylum. *LOL*

19. baumgarten fuck the man Registered Senior Member

That's exactly my point.

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

The name is a dead giveaway.

edit: just realised if he was of Indian origin he would be mentioned in an Indian newspaper.

And I was right.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1992624.cms

21. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

It would destroy Chirstianity as we know it today... it can't lose. Put it back to back with some science show and rock on.

22. Godless Objectivist Mind Registered Senior Member

Scarry stuff, sick demented, delusional, and outright dangerous.

Key words in that short film:

God's Army
    Give your life to Jesus
    Pledge aligeance to the christian flag? What the hell is this about!

Key Generation to Jesus coming back
    Life-taped to their mouth, but yet they preach hate.

Fucking retards!.

23. nova900 more spirituality,less dogma Registered Senior Member

Yes Godless, retards is right! They remind me of the same crowd that follow preachers like Donnie Swaggert (Jimmys son)...preaching hate disguised as love..unbelievable.
    Ah well, as far as I can see all the abrahamic faiths have no shortage of cruelties and harshness within them...enough to supply mentally ill people with all the fuel they need to follow a "sick" vision of God.
    What makes me laugh is when reporters always say they are 'perverting" the religion...they are not. They are simply embracing the dark side that exists within them.