Ahmandinejidad doubts Holocaust; no one really surprised

Discussion in 'World Events' started by GeoffP, Aug 28, 2006.

1. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

But seriously, folks: he's just a really passionate, outspoken nationalist.

[Uhh - yes, the impeded progress of Germany, among all of Europe, has certainly been barred. Those poor, stone-age bastards, whipping along at 200 kph on their extensive Autobahn systems in Mercedes and Peugeots, sipping French coffee and being forced to indulge in the stark intellectual space of Goethe. Those poor, rich, cultured bastards huddling in their economic powerhouse...seriously, can anyone tell me what planet Ahmandinejidad is from? Is it in this solar system? What kind of "progress" does this doorknob mean? Is he pissed they shut down Dachau? Is that it? But I thought he said that didn't happen. Anyway, he at least has something in common with mountainhare, besides bad acne. - Geoff]

Well, I submit that given the impression of recent events in Europe, settling them there would have seemed - je ne sais quoi - gauche?

Of course, setting them up in an area where they would be pariahs at best, targets at worst, was possibly the dumber of the two choices.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I think he's just pandering to his base, just like when Bush cut his vacation short to legislate about Terry Shiavo.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Genji Registered Senior Member

Who cares who believes the holocaust happened and who doesn't? Is that the central reasoning behind targeting foreign leaders? On whether or not they perpetually weep for Jews?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. funkstar ratsknuf Valued Senior Member

Um, everyone? You know, since it was one of the defining events of the last century?
    Not the central one, no. But it's a pretty goddamn good one.

8. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

No, more on whether they are able to rationally identify actual historical events, and place them in appropriate - which is to say, sane - historical context.

More generally, Ahmadinejidad attempting to redefine history for the sake of religious hatred would seem to be a good reason to draw attention to this idiot.

9. Poster Banned Banned

His "denial" is in preparation for his NEW one.

10. Zephyr Humans are ONE Registered Senior Member

I can't see any Iranian leader seeing 60 million dead Iranians a fair exchange for 7 million dead Israelis (not to mention the Palestinians caught in the excess radiation).