homophobic religions cause pain and death

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by mis-t-highs, Jul 28, 2006.

1. mis-t-highs I'm filling up Registered Senior Member

religious hate

christian hate from the bible belt

"I am the boy who never finished high school, because I got called a fag everyday.

I am the girl kicked out of her home because I confided in my mother that I am a lesbian.

I am the prostitute working the streets because nobody will hire a transsexual woman.

I am the sister who holds her gay brother tight through the painful, tear-filled nights.

We are the parents who buried our daughter long before her time.

I am the man who died alone in the hospital because they would not let my partner of twenty-seven years into the room.

I am the foster child who wakes up with nightmares of being taken away from the two fathers who are the only loving family I have ever had. I wish they could adopt me.

I am not one of the lucky ones. I killed myself just weeks before graduating high school. It was simply too much to bear.

We are the couple who had the realtor hang up on us when she found out we wanted to rent a one-bedroom for two men.

I am the person who never knows which bathroom I should use if I want to avoid getting the management called on me.

I am the mother who is not allowed to even visit the children I bore, nursed, and raised. The court says I am an unfit mother because I now live with another woman.

I am the domestic-violence survivor who found the support system grow suddenly cold and distant when they found out my abusive partner is also a woman.

I am the domestic-violence survivor who has no support system to turn to because I am male.

I am the father who has never hugged his son because I grew up afraid to show affection to other men.

I am the home-economics teacher who always wanted to teach gym until someone told me that only lesbians do that.

I am the woman who died when the EMTs stopped treating me as soon as they realized I was transsexual.

I am the person who feels guilty because I think I could be a much better person if I didnt have to always deal with society hating me.

I am the man who stopped attending church, not because I don't believe, but because they closed their doors to my kind.

I am the person who has to hide what this world needs most, love.

I am the person ashamed to tell my own friends im a lesbian, because they constantly make fun of them.

I am the boy tied to a fence, beaten to a bloody pulp and left to die because two straight men wanted to "teach me a lesson"

---ALL RELIGIONIST ARE BIGOTS

---IF YOU BELIEVE THAT HOMOPHOBIA IS WRONG

---IF YOU BELIEVE THAT CHILD ABUSE IS WRONG

---IF YOU BELIEVE THAT WIFE BEATING IS WRONG

--- Say your piece,

---BUT IF YOU ARE IGNORANT... IGNORE THIS

RELIGION IS THE TURD ON MY SHOE THAT SHOULD BE WIPED OF AND WASHED DOWN THE CESSPIT, WHERE IT BELONGS.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2006
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. KennyJC Registered Senior Member

religious related homophobia is just one of many problems with the christian hate machine... but you covered this one aspect well enough...

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

"ALL RELIGIONIST ARE BIGOTS"

I shall note the irony in silence.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. mustafhakofi I sa'id so Registered Senior Member

irony! the only possible irony I see, is the inconsistency between what might be expected and what actually occurs.

8. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

I see no irony--no more than I see homosexuals being dragged behind a truck down the street. The feeling that homosexuality is wrong sits within the core of most people--regardless of religion. Homosexuality is contrary to what most people feel, believe and know.

9. KennyJC Registered Senior Member

Actually, religion has a lot to do with it. In secular societies, homosexuals have greater freedom and recieve more tolerance.

The reasons homosexuals are persecuted against in the Bible belt were the same reasons they persecuted against the blacks. Christians feel superiour to those who are different in any noticable way.

10. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

People call others fags because they fear that which is different, not because they follow a particular religion.

Parents reject a homosexual child out of fear and uncertainty, not because of religion.

Employers fail to hire transsexuals because they fear the consequences for their business.

Siblings with empathy comfort their gay brother because they understand fear, and perhaps because they draw strength from religion.

Burying a child driven to suicide reflects on the fear of the community, not the strength that may be drawn from religion.

Blindness to the reality and passion of same sex relationships is conditioned by human ignorance, not by religion.

Legal obstacles to same sex adoptive parents are, again conditioned by human ignorance and inertia, not by religion.

The cruelties visited on those who are different are a product of our tribal nature, and are the reverse of what will arise from any true religion.

Prejudice and disrespect are visited on all kinds of people, quite independently of religion.

I could continue, but you get the drift.

You say ---ALL RELIGIONIST ARE BIGOTS
    I say --- This is bigoted, short sighted, ignorant nonsense.

You say---IF YOU BELIEVE THAT HOMOPHOBIA IS WRONG

---IF YOU BELIEVE THAT CHILD ABUSE IS WRONG

---IF YOU BELIEVE THAT WIFE BEATING IS WRONG

--- Say your piece,

I say--- Many persons do speak about these abuses, with courage, dedication, persistence and compassion. And many of those who speak out, speak out from within a religion, based on the tenets of that religion, and with the strength afforded by that religion.

You say ---RELIGION IS THE TURD ON MY SHOE THAT SHOULD BE WIPED OF AND WASHED DOWN THE CESSPIT, WHERE IT BELONGS.

I say--- Rearrange these words into a well known saying:
    pot the kettle black calling the

11. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Homophobia is not related to religion, some twisted people just use a misinterpretation of Sodom and Gamorrah as a basis for them to claim (incorrectly) that God hates homosexuals.

If anyone are the bigots it is the atheists.

12. iam Banned Banned

^thats delusional because there is nothing to misinterpret. The bible does not condone it. The thread starter is right because "religionists" base their beliefs on the bible. If some are trying to speak out against it, then they also could be accused of misinterpreting the bible. Because of the hypocrisy and contradictory nature of the bible many christians can and do espouse selective beliefs. They are naive or confused because to be a part of yet refuse to take responsibility for a religion or book who can take the blatant negatives from 'god' to justify makes them no better, ultimately they are defending the source together. The deceit is the bible is not really open for interpretation. Its very clear from beginning to end what it is based on and the nature of this god. So in the end, its the religion that is the source of the prejudice and those who keep representing the religion.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2006
  13. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

mustafhakofi:

"irony! the only possible irony I see, is the inconsistency between what might be expected and what actually occurs. "

Yes, that is the definition of irony I was referencing, owing to the fact that it was, in fact, a bigotted statement to claim that "all religionists are bigots", when bigots are here being railed against. In essence, it is the pot calling the kettle black.

Bowser:

"Actually, religion has a lot to do with it. In secular societies, homosexuals have greater freedom and recieve more tolerance."

Homosexuals had less/no problems in pagan Europe (religious) and in Hindu India (religious), or Buddhist East Asia (religious). However, they never were in the main, nor did the concept of homosexuality as a monogamous relationship-seeking, exclusive sexual preference, exist.

"The reasons homosexuals are persecuted against in the Bible belt were the same reasons they persecuted against the blacks. Christians feel superiour to those who are different in any noticable way. "

The "Bible Belt" was not the only source of anti-black racism, nor can we rightfully proclaim that it was religion which backed them in that. No where in the bible, nor in Christian literature (excluding "Christian Identity") do you find racist polemics as a matter of course. The inferiority of all peoples whom do not believe in Christ is viewed by them as fact.

14. iam Banned Banned

Even though the bible does not specify racist polemics, its trivial when you are using prejudice against another whole races of peoples, cultures and ways of life steeped in another ideology which racism=prejudice. That is like saying I killed bill because I didn't like his haircolor, not his nose and with a hatchet not a gun. It gets the job done.

15. KennyJC Registered Senior Member

Of course the Bible belt wasn't the only place racism existed, although that is the best recent example of them treating them as sub-human. The same group of fundamentalist Christians who go to the funerals of gay people and protest that they are in hell because of their 'SIN'.

The bible belt is just the best example I can think of were extreme intolerance inspired by religious values exists far beyond that of anywhere else.

16. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: Homophobia is directly related to religion through the misinterpretation of S&G by christians. S&G is about man's inhospitality to MAN, not about homosexuality. After all Lot tried to give his virgin daughters to the mob outside to get them to leave his "guests" alone.

Christians are the worst bigots, not atheists.

17. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

idiot.

you dont have to BE religious to hate fags.

you dont have to be religious to disapprove of transexual people.

you dont ever.... need religion to hate.

that you would put all haters, as being religious...

shows how stupid an bigoted you are.

-MT

18. KennyJC Registered Senior Member

No, but it helps.

19. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

men..... easilly hate.. as do some women.

historically... most evil... most killing.. and most crimes.

have been perpetrated by the NON-religious.

raping... murder... stealing... all manner of crimes...

and that includes hate for anyone who is different.

although... it seems.. alot of you.. would prefer a return to the pagan days of rome... where people had gay sex all the time.... they even had sex with their own children.....

and why??? cause of a lack of religion.

without religion in some form.... anything goes.

-MT

20. iam Banned Banned

no you don't have to be religious to be a bigot but institutional prejudice is even more responible because their purpose is to acquire a certain amount of control by conversion and influence others to be bigots stigmatizing and marginalizing outsiders hoping to make inept or cripple their way of life. That is the epitomy of pure prejudice. If it wasn't rooted in intolerance, then retaliation would not be justified and the naive defending christianity about some fraudulent and misplaced sense of fairness. With intolerant religions, you have to fight fire with fire.

21. KennyJC Registered Senior Member

Where are you getting your figures from?

In secular Europe, which has slowly but surely cut the ropes which religion had attatched to it, Europe has as a result gone on to prosper. And socially out-performs religious nations.

Your statement that society requires religion to maintain order, is misinformed and contrary to the facts which say otherwise.

22. D'ster Registered Senior Member

Is there a such thing as a,

Religaphobe

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

23. KennyJC Registered Senior Member

Atheist?