Why Does God Exist?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by PsychoticEpisode, Jul 20, 2006.

1. PsychoticEpisode It is very dry in here today Valued Senior Member

No I haven't lost my mind. For starters I believe man has created God to try and make sense of why we and everything else is. This thread is not about anything an atheist can offer, as in the standard....it's in the mind thing. What I think an atheist might like to hear from the believers out there is this....Why does God Exist? Is He here to simply whip up some monkey people, a universe or the whole of creation.

So I would like to know about God before creation when He was simply there I suppose. Why is there a God? If He has been here for all eternity then why? Is there one legitimate reason for God to be floating around out there?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

You mean like what is the purpose of God?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. PsychoticEpisode It is very dry in here today Valued Senior Member

That would be part of it but I'm talking about prior to creation, before He even dreamt it up. Why was He here or there or whatever? Maybe its a tough one to answer but can anyone come up with one?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

OK. Got to admit I can't think of anything meaningful.

8. PsychoticEpisode It is very dry in here today Valued Senior Member

That's just it, being out there with only nothingness as a companion seems kind of silly besides oxymoronic. I suppose he might have dabbled about creating or doing other things we can't comprehend. That 'we can't comprehend' line is a favorite of believers I must admit. What do they think...Hide Him because we're getting too close to the truth? Is it possible to hide Him before He even thought of our universe? Weird.

My eyes are getting heavy, I'd like to continue but I'm done for today.

9. c7ityi_ Registered Senior Member

God exists because he is nothing, thus the only logical possibility, and the only true reality/being/existence. Everything (the infinity) necessarily and eternally radiates from "nothing" (so that it could remain nothing) so nothing is actually "nothing-everything".

God/existence is omnipresent. This omnipresence became points in space. It became planets. It became humans, and existed among us.

God can't think because he already knows everything. Thinking is a path between ignorance and omniscience.

yes, if you think of god as a human.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2006
  10. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

No c7 - nothing is not something so if God is nothing then it doesn't exist.

I've explained this to you before. Please pay attention this time.

11. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

" Why Does God Exist?"

I haven't an answer. Maybe it's best to ask, why do you exist? What are you?

12. Adstar Valued Senior Member

We can speculate on why we exist, Why God created us. But how can we speculate on why God exists. God has existed forever therefore there could not be a reason/cause for His coming into existence. If something has always been then it cannot have a cause.

We can seek Gods will but we will never find something that does not exist. His cause.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

13. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

Bowser,

So nothing has any purpose then?

14. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

adstar,

Why not? His existence is a creation of the human imagination, why not his purpose?

15. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

We MUST speculate on why a god would exist, especially if theists claim god is in us all. Our very existence is based on the speculation of gods existence.

Then, we should speculate, instead, on the reason for our creation. Funny though, that finds us back at asking what is the reason/cause for god.

Although, we can wreck asunder civilzations and knowledge in their pursuit.

All Learn From The Ancient Of Days

16. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

I don't know about you, but mine has been a wild ride.

17. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

But that still doesn't need a purpose at the end. Life can simply be enjoyable.

18. c7ityi_ Registered Senior Member

sorry cris, maybe c7 didn't understand... but i paid attention now..

adstar... you're so serious...

the i/self has existed forever... like god (unlike the body which always dies)... but i think only nothing can be causeless.. and that's what i think we are... we are "i am"... the feeling of existence... jehova... consciousness...

i think... god is nothing... and nothing does not exist.... but still it's the only real existence. only that which has no cause can cause something. without beginning or end, without form.

19. Diogenes' Dog Subvert the dominant cliche... Registered Senior Member

It probably sounds like a cop-out, but I don't think the answer is one that can properly be put into words. How can we understand the mind (and purposes) of a rabbit, let alone the mind of God? Could a rabbit understand us and our purposes?

'Experiencing the Wonder of Ineffable Being Itself' maybe..? :m:

20. Lawdog Digging up old bones Registered Senior Member

The Reason of God's existance is that He must exist, He is the only necessary being.

21. LiveInFaith Registered Senior Member

Definitely muslim cannot answer this question. Out of ratio, and out of faith, nothing left to be used.

22. The Evelyonian Registered Senior Member

To question why God exists would be like an ant questioning why we exist. An ant simply isn't able to comprehend it, it's the same with us. Our minds are simply not capable of understanding an infinite and eternal being.

23. Satyr Banned Banned

God exists for the same reason love exists.

In fact the two are considerer synonyms around certain circles.

A survival tactic for the feeble seeking for a way around their limits.
    A concession of necessity.
    A pinnacle to make the struggle meaningful.
    A shining end to a long and wearisome voyage home.