Israel Murders 55 innocent civilians in one day

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Billy T, Jul 14, 2006.

1. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

Among the 55 murdered yesterday in Lebanon* was the Merhei family of four. Akil Merhei, age 35 and wife, Ahlam 28, and children Hadi 8 & Fatima 4. Children were born in Brazil and parents were naturalized Brazilians. Indications are that it was one of the Israeli naval shells that exploded inside their apartment in Lebanon. Story is on front page of Folha de Sao Paulo, 14 July 06. This is just one of the many outrageous war crimes now being committed by Israel every day! Israel is engaged in state terror, and this fact should be acknowledged by all who oppose terrorist actions.

The only "justification" for these murders is that Israel's enemies hold three Israeli SOLDERS while Israel holds approximately 10,000 of their enemy, most civilians kidnapped from their homes, some literally taken from their beds, and many are women! Some of the 10,000 no doubt do have “blood on their hands,” but most who have killed Israelis died while doing so. Thus even if that fact is neglected, and each of the 10,000 that did kill is assumed to have killed only one Israeli, it is obvious that the majority 10,000 have not killed anyone. With more realistic assumptions, it is obvious that at least 8,000 of the Israeli prisoners, held without trial, have not murdered anyone. It is probably true that many of them would now like to, even if initially they were apolitical, but that is becoming increasingly true all over the world. The murder of this Brazilian family is making that true even in Brazil.

Israel is boosting its "KILL RATIO," especially of children significantly in its current rampage of war crimes and terror. Data is not yet available but the child kill ratio is surely 30 to 1 now (or more if one includes the children dying of preventable diseases, caused by lack of clean water with no power for the well pumps and raw sewerage flowing in some street also as a result Isreal's destruction of power plant, bridges etc.)

All this destruction of infrastructure is course "collect punishment" forbidden by the Geneva Convention “justified” by 3 vs. 10,000 prisoners held by the other side! The Geneva Convention requires the “occupying power” to provide for the welfare of the occupied population, and clearly prohibits the destruction of the power plants, bridges, water supply etc that are essential to the civilian population.

I closes by asking supporters of Israel’s actions:

What, in your opinion, must a state do to be guilty of war crimes and state terror, if Israel is not yet guilty of both?

-----------------------------------
    *more were no doubt murdered in Gaza, but no data is availalble.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2006
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. 1100f Banned Registered Senior Member

Then I'll ask you:
    what should a state do when it is attacked by another state?

Last edited: Jul 14, 2006
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Genji Registered Senior Member

Israel wasn't attacked by Lebanon. The govt. is an ally of Bush! They had 2 soldiers kidnapped by a militant group. Blaming Lebanon is like 2 Americans are abducted by an illegal Mexican immigrant and the US bombs all of Mexico. The Israelis will receive payback this time. Her cities should burn.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Huwy Secular Humanist Registered Senior Member

"what should a state do when it is attacked by another state? "

does hezbollah really represent the state of lebanon?
    do you actually know what your talking about?

8. spacemansteve Not enough brain space Registered Senior Member

If your going to hold Israel guilty of war crimes then you should hold the palestinians and other such violant muslim groups guilty aswell. You seem to assume that all of the 10,000 palestinians in jail are innocent, and that guilt can only be given to someone who has killed. I can guarentee the majority of the people imprisoned are guilty of many crimes. Including lobbing rockets, organising terrorist attacks and other such violent criminal actions. Your assumption of innocence is silly. You practically call Israel baby killers but fail to recognise that palestinian terrorists are infact the ones that board peak hour buses and detonate explosives vests they are wearing, they car bomb packed market places etc etc.. But Its only Israel capable of terrorism? Get real.

Although civilian deaths in war are tragic, sometimes they cannot be avoided. Its murpheys law, and nothing is fool proof. Weapons don't always do what you want them to do, artillery shells drop short, people get caught in crossfire. Allthough tragic, such occurances happen. Another assumption you have made is that Israel deliberately targeted the innocent family inside their apartment, but clearly they havn't. There is a war going on, they decide to fire at a particular target, shell drops short, kills innocent family. Thats not against the Geneva Convention because they were not deliberately targeting non-comatants. You can't hide behind that one.

Israel is obviously at breaking point. With increased aggression from the Palestinian movement backed by the Hamas authority, what do you expect from a nation like Israel? Nothing they have done is wrong, if protecting your own state from violent attacks and kidnappings is wrong then hell no other nation is right. Please stop with the Anti-Semetic and Anti-Imperialist Rhetoric. Its just getting boring

9. Huwy Secular Humanist Registered Senior Member

specifically, what justification is there for bombing the Beirut International Airport, on 2 occaisions? its a civilian airport btw....

10. Huwy Secular Humanist Registered Senior Member

correction, 3 occaisions now, and bombing many civilian bridges.
    What does that have to do with fighting terrorists/guerilla/militia groups?
    nothing. its excessive, misdirected retaliation, just like terrorism is.

11. spacemansteve Not enough brain space Registered Senior Member

Genji: Hezbollah is a violant organisation that has repeatedly shown aggression to Israel on many occasions. Lebanon had been told by the UN to disarm this militant group but has refused to do so. Therefore, Lebanon is harbouring terrorists. Fair call if you ask me

Huwy: Don't know the justification on that, i'll get back to you when i read some more on the situation. I got a friend in Lebanon at the moment, he can't get back but he's getting support from the AUS embassy. Should be ok

12. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

I have already answered but will briefly summarize again what I think Israel should do about the crude, small, unguided, generally ineffective, rockets that are launched into Israel:

Israel is technologically very advanced. They have the capacity (probably at less cost) to establish radar tracking and computational system, similar the old DEW (Distant Early Warning) line US set up across all of Canada 30 years ago. I do not know the range of Israel's artillery and / or naval guns, but it is technically feasible for them to make automatic return battery fire in a few seconds when the launch site has been computed.

I suggested that Israel do this and counter fire ONLY, not routinely fire 100 or so artillery rounds each day somewhat at random into olive groves and fields mainly but sometimes killing citizens on the beaches etc. The system should have the capacity, as I stated earlier, to "shred any living thing near the rocket launch site" If this were done, it would be clear for all to see that Israel was only defending its self, not trying to make a "final solution" to the "Palestinian problem" as currently appears to be the case with their disproportionate kill ratios and destruction of basic power and sanitation systems. etc.

Now that I have answered your question, again, do you dare to answer mine?

13. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

No I do not make such assumptions. I said, in first post:
    I would seem that you are however assuming Israel in incapably of war crimes and state terror, by fact that it is Israel. If not please answer the question at end of first post which is:

What, in your opinion, must a state do to be guilty of war crimes and state terror, if Israel is not yet guilty of both?

Does no supporter of Israel's current rampage dare to respond?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    By edit after reading all your post which included:

"Another assumption you have made is that Israel deliberately targeted the innocent family inside their apartment, but clearly they haven't."

No, I am not making that assumption either. In fact I am sure that Israel had no desire to kill the Brazilian family (or most of the others that are innocent). I am sure that Israel would have preferred the naval shell to take out a bridge, power sub station, or fuel tank, even thought these INTENTIONAL, targets of the civilian infrastructure are war crimes. In war it may adversely affect your enemy's capacity to resist occupation etc by killing civilians, destroying the social infrastructure, but this is a war crime if there is little reason to believe the facility is being actively used aggressively against you. How is a power plant, necessary for water pumps and sewerage facilities, so used?

14. spacemansteve Not enough brain space Registered Senior Member

Billy T: Your concept of counter battery fire is rather crude. Firstly it takes a while to for the computers to register the rocket in flight, then it takes a while to align the guns (assuming guns are within range) and fire some shells. This process can take up to 4-5 minutes, and personally i've seen it done at speed in 1 - 2 minutes. but it takes time. Secondly counter battery fire is extremely ineffective unless you have a Forward Observer to guide the shells onto the target. Essentially you'll have rounds land anywhere except exactly where you want them. Weather plays a part for this, so thats why FO are employed.
    Fire Mission
    GR 123456
    Direction 3456mils
    Description: 2 enemies with rocket launcher in the open
    My control
    out

Shot over
    Shot out

Splash over
    Splash out

left 100 over
    Left 100 out

Shot over
    Shot out

Splash over
    Splash out

on target, Five rounds fire for effect

If a round happened to sail into a civilian building, we'd end up with the same old people complaining about Israel targeting innocent civilians. its a lose lose situation

15. 1100f Banned Registered Senior Member

The lebanese government refuses to put the lebanese army in south lebanon in order to prevent attacks against israel.
    So when the lebanese government aloows attacks against israel, it is an attack of the state of israel by lebanon

16. spacemansteve Not enough brain space Registered Senior Member

I'm not defending alot of the actions israel has done, i'm merely pointing out the flaws in you statement. If we choose to ignore what Terrorists actions are going on by Palestinian militant groups and Hezbollah then this topic can't be debated fairly. It just seems that your trying to hang Israel out to dry whilst ignoring the attrocities being committed against it.

17. Genji Registered Senior Member

The zionists want to destroy non-Jewish infrastructure. They can pin down millions through their terrorist tactics and limit the movement of people, ensuring a high death toll with each US made missle they fire.

18. Quigly ......................... ..... Registered Senior Member

I believe I heard somewhere that the reason they have a blockade and bombed runways at the airport and roads leading to Syria was because they didn't want the captured israeli soldiers to be taken out of the country as this began as a search for the captured soldiers. Cutting off routes to leave the country quickly was their first effort.

19. spacemansteve Not enough brain space Registered Senior Member

Here we go

Genji: Can you be any misinformed? Bridges are destroyed in war. Bridges provide a tactical advantage to anyone who controls them. You can't drive tanks over water can you? Destroying a bridge marks a strategic and tactical advantage over any enemy who needs to move supplies, armour and not so often, infantry. Can you please leave the Anti-Zionist rhetoric and argue a reasonable non-biased point? clearly not.

20. aaa Registered Senior Member

a militant group that sits in the government, oh yeah. lebanon is responsible for everything in its territories, including hizballah. the problem is they can't control it.

21. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

I think that counter fire* made before the crude rocket is even at the peak of its trajectory is entirely feasible with modern radars and computers. I know the US Navy can do so when a low altitude (5 feet above the waves) super-sonic cruse-missile, such as French Exocet, pops up over the horizon and the ship has less than one minute before it hits the ship. These crude missiles are far from super sonic, not even as fast as a prop plane near peak of their trajectory. You are disparage Israel's technical capacity by saying they can not make effective counter fire in many cases and at the every least limit the number of rockets fired from that site to one. In any case it would be much better than the current random daily shelling especially as it would be clearly responsive.
    ---------------------------------------
    *I believe the term "counter fire" originated in WWII and that two acoustic sensors, not radar, were used to "triangulate" the location of incoming round even with the crude, slow computers that were available then. - get real.

Also, note there are only a few Israeli cities with in range of these crude homemade rockets. It is entirely feasible and cheap to take one or two of the rapid-fire guns Israel has been mounting on its war ships for 20 years to destroy these simple, slow rockets before they hit the ground. This will not however kill Palestinians, which is probably why it is not done, in the current climate of mutual hatred.

22. Genji Registered Senior Member

The Lebanese military is not at war with Israel. How can you be so ill informed and know how to type? The Lebanese govt. is a CHRISTIAN ALLY of George Bush! Hezbollah has no tanks either dude.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

They are a small shiite militant group illegally operating inside Lebanon. This is not a 'war.' It's one country, supplied and financed by the US of A attacking another neighbor because anti-zionists operate inside sometimes. Can you end the pro-zionist rhetoric long enough to absorb some facts?

23. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

Some one told me "get real" that is good advice for you here. The "government" in Lebanon is very weak, a "fledgling democracy" GWB called it yesterday in Germany. Most of its army, such as it is, is made up of Hesbala soldiers and Hesbala is part of the government collation. - Get real.

Israel’s current actions will probably collapse that "fledgling democracy" in less than a month and had the country back to Hesbala. - Get Real.