Bible Code prediction-trivia?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Lawdog, Jul 3, 2006.

1. Lawdog Digging up old bones Registered Senior Member

I am not a fan of the bible code book, after all, everthing that needs to be known is revealed, not hidden.

Nevertheless, being slightly bored I happened to be paging through the 1997 book while talking to my dad. It seems to predict the third world war starting in July of 2006 and the nuclear standoff with Korea. very interesting and a little worrisome for some: Headline today:

The Bush administration responded sternly Monday to an annihilation threat from North Korea, saying while it had no intention of attacking, it was determined to protect the United States if North Korea launched a long-range missile.

"Should North Korea take the provocative action of launching a missile the U.S. would respond appropriately, including by taking the necessary measures to protect ourselves," Julie Reside, a State Department spokeswoman, said.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

Actually, the bible code merely predicted the apocalypse on 06/06/06. Needless to say it didn't happen, but that doesn't necessarily disprove the whole bible, just the bible code.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. the preacher fur is loose 666 Registered Senior Member

6/6/6 AD, jesus would have only been five years old then, a bit to young for a second coming.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Sarkus Hippomonstrosesquippedalo phobe Valued Senior Member

Isn't everything hidden until it becomes revealed?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

You can not reveal something that was never initially hidden.

8. Lawdog Digging up old bones Registered Senior Member

The Truth was at one time hidden from humans. There are still many divine mysteries hidden from us.

9. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

Good thing we have Science and Technology to reveal those mysteries, eh?

10. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

Lawdog,

Our discovery of what can be known has barely begun. And what needs to be known is unknown. Certainly Christianity has yet to reveal anything of any real value that couldn't have been gained without it.

11. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

What other predictions does this book make? I bet for every author that happens to make an accurate prediction, there are hundreds that are wrong. Some are bound to be right if only by chance.

12. General_Paul Registered Senior Member

Hell yeah, go Communist Hamster! This is why "god" gave us reasoning and critical thinking Lawdog, not to squander it worshipping god and giving all our money to the corrupt and degenerate Roman Catholic Church, but to go out and invent shit to make our lives better!

13. Gordon Registered Senior Member

From my (fairly considerable) reading of apocalyptic literature (good and bad), July 2006 and North Korea seem to be rather minority choices. It's very difficult to fit North Korea into the genuine Bible text of Revelation etc., whatever 'the code' says. I have a copy of the original book and did read it so that I knew what other people were on about. The entire principle is flawed and most of the predictions are on a par with Nostradamus etc. Whatever you believe about God existing or not, the Bible Code is simply nonsense but good paying nonsense though!

Still there's 25 days to go yet in July!

regards,

Gordon.

14. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

That's pretty much my philosophy. Except the bit about squandering money. Do what you like, really. Not that I squander money like that.

15. Lawdog Digging up old bones Registered Senior Member

Perhaps you are correct about the bible code. Nevertheless, you have heard about Gog and Magog..no? My read of Revelations perhaps differs considerably from yours, though there are no doubt similarities. Contrary to common misinformation, not all Catholics simply accept the "Antichrist was Nero" interpretation.

I find Nostradamus curious, mostly because his letters are strongly christian, and he utters visions there as well, but who can make heads or tails of the quatrains?

16. Sarkus Hippomonstrosesquippedalo phobe Valued Senior Member

Take any sizeable book and analyse it in enough detail and you will find vast numbers of predictions and apparent "revelations" that have already come to pass.
    The Bible Code is a fascinating study into mathematical probability and the bias that people can assign to it in order to achieve their goals.