Authority of The Church: what can be KNOWN of GOD

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Lawdog, Jun 27, 2006.

1. Lawdog Digging up old bones Registered Senior Member

I know because I can rely on the doctrines and customs of the universal Church known and visible to all, The Roman Catholic, which, as an authoritative body of cardinals and the Pope, and in its mystical character, cannot deceive nor be decieved.

God is not cruel. Christ would not have left his Apostles without an anchor of certitude concerning the Truth, and true doctrines, and the means for discerning them.

Christ is the divinity of Mercy, his only hope being for the welfare of all souls. Why would he ascend to Heavan and just leave humans without a sure and constant source of grace?

If Christ had just died and left without beginning a one true Church, would you not consider him ignorant of human nature? Human nature, corrupted by sin, is fallible and, unable to determin the truth by itself, easily falls into schism and heresy.

The Creator above all knows human nature, (since He created it) so he revealed to Mankind a singular and fitting religion, and since there is only one human nature then there can only be one fitting religion appropriate for that human nature. All other religions fall short.

Those others who make claim to be the religion of the true God are in error.

This is not to say that we do not tolerate or even appreciate other religions according to their merits, but we cannot accept them as the singular true religion which is revealed from God. The other religions have too much of human design in them. Perhaps we have too much human sinfulness in our Church, but we are confident that our faith is the one given by Christ.

Our faith, because it is revealed, often seems absurd to those outside of it, and many call us intolerant, but we are not.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2006
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. scorpius a realist Valued Senior Member

seems to me me you only pick and choose the good parts from your book, try reading the whole bible sometimes
    www.evilbible.com

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

YOU CANT BE SERIOUS............. THEY ARE MEN YA KNOW....

-MT...

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Lawdog Digging up old bones Registered Senior Member

please explain further.

8. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

MEN... SINNERS... you do remmber the dark ages???
    the inquisition???

the burning of witches???

for you to say they are un-falible... is nonsense...

i do not challenge your faith in GOD.... only your faith in men,...
    men who claim to represent GOD... and can never prove it.

and by their historical actions... we, as rational humans, must have some doubt.

not doubt in JESUS or GOD... but doubt in any men... men are all sinners.

-MT

9. Lawdog Digging up old bones Registered Senior Member

"trust not in princes', yes, sacred scripture teaches us not to trust in men so I do not. The Church is not just a collection of humans however. It is the instrument of God on earth. God uses humans as his instruments. When we follow what they say about God we do so on behalf of God. If they do us wrong than it is on their soul. Nevertheless, in the area of core doctrine they cannot err.

10. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

Mosheh,

Why not? These are also only concepts developed by man, and you have no way to show otherwise.

11. wsionynw Master Queef Valued Senior Member

Don't forget to give us some more of your arguments against evolution, the last one was hilarious!
    You write this stuff as if it was accepted fact, which couldn't be further from the truth. What's more I fail to see what your point is??
    Try this as an exercise: briefly explain your religion and why it should be followed to a person that has no knowledge of any religion and no belief in God, perhaps because they have been locked in a box for 20 years (so they will have no social experiences). I'm interested to read how you would go about this....

12. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

Fuck, you're naive.

Tell that to the egyptians and the canaanites; or do you think that genocide is not cruel?

'Cause he's a dick.

It is absurd. It makes no fucking sense whatsoever, and doesn't even provide any proof or evidence. Everything about your religion defies logic and the laws of physics.

13. c7ityi_ Registered Senior Member

i am the church.

14. Lawdog Digging up old bones Registered Senior Member

Last edited: Jun 29, 2006
  15. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

Then this "lord" fella is an maniac. A bipolar sociopath. No matter who or what you are, it does not and cannot excuse genocide. This means that your "god" is really no better than adolf hitler or josef stalin or pol pot. Genocide is still genocide, and no matter who carries it out, it is still wrong.

Your god does not exist, thus your statement is null and void.

Obviously, they can, because I just did.

16. Provita Provita Registered Senior Member

Tell me Lawdog... if I came to you from a hell-as-weak supposed nation of herders and farmers and said "CONVERT TO BUDDHISM! IT IS THE TRUE PATH! DO IT OR FEED BUDDHAS WRATH!!" .. do u expect me to believe u would convert? If not, thats exactly what the "idolaters" did... and tell me... praying to a cross on a wall or praying to a statue of the "blessed mother" ... how is THAT not idolatry? you are praying to a friggin STATUE

17. Lawdog Digging up old bones Registered Senior Member

Buddha does not offer salvation

18. Lawdog Digging up old bones Registered Senior Member

19. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Doggy, circular argument. The Catholic Church came up with the theology you are attributing to Jesus, who had the opportunity but did not start a temple. There was some diversity of opinion even among the disciples about the exact nature of Jesus' teaching.

In particular, the Catholics chose not to attribute much value to the opinion of Mary.

20. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: Yeah, and you also claim to be god and the virgin Mary and Thumbelina. Why don't you just STFU?

21. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: Neither does your god, and that means you're delusional!

22. c7ityi_ Registered Senior Member

because lori7 said: "go to church? i am the church!"

besides, i've never claimed to be virgin mary or thumbelina. and i never claimed that my person, c7, is god. only the omnipresent existence (self, consciousness) is.

23. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

So, what, you're a type-1 pantheist?