End of Age and Climate Illusions: Florida real estate and the Garden of Eden

Discussion in 'Business & Economics' started by MattMarr, Jun 20, 2006.

1. MattMarr Banned Banned

End of Age and Climate Illusions: Florida real estate and the Garden of Eden

With the Age of Pensions, another result of the last phase before the collapse of the economic system, another illusion emerged: Florida as the Garden of Eden for retired white people.

The Big Lie Technique tells us that the more you were fooled the more difficult it is to admit it.
    Despite the fact that even Florida's mildest climates are only suitable for most white races about half of the year, it wasn't until 2004, as Florida hurricanes opened the Age of Superstorms, that many realised it was time to move out.

For an illustration of how grotesque the "luxury" real estate market in Florida has turned into, the ultimate example, Manalapan Beach, Ocean-To-Intracoastal Property:
    http://www.luxuryrealestate.com/105543
    Note: Distinguished by its remarkable size ... Capturing stunning vistas 25'± above sea level ... protected by a formidable concrete-and-steel seawall and a privacy wall

Photo:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. illuminatingtherapy Initiate of The Universe Registered Senior Member

You really are an end times prophet, aren't you?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

*becomes believer of MattMarr*

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. MattMarr Banned Banned

Sometimes there are people that do contribute to my threads. One example:

It is pretty screwy.
    Florida is mostly a flat, dry sandbar.
    It usually is near 100 degrees everyday from July through late September, and very humid, although it doesn't rain (unless a hurricane is blowing through).

The soil is very poor, mostly sand, and there are a lot of marshes that have been drained and filled with garbage and then topsoil before building endless rows of the standard white stucco villa-type houses with the red clay tile roofs and the screened in porches.

Screened in porches because mosquitoes will eat you alive at night. The fire ants are out of control in the area and invade your house 365 days a year. It is actually filled with weeds, scrub pine and palmetto weeds, mostly, but they try to plant palm trees everywhere that usually die later. The drained swamps were responsible for preventing fires before they were drained, so now fires break out every summer. Termites devour your home slowly, while humidity and mold rots it, all the while fire ants fill your yard and attack you everytime you try to mow the grass, which grows all year. Fire ants also like rotting wood, and eventually invade the walls of the decaying houses, for easier access to the home-owner's food.

But hey, if you like to scuba dive, or fish and live on a saltwater canal and have a boat, it can be fun, unless a shark attacks you.

8. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

noooooooooo, there is still time

repent..repent..repent

9. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

But can't you see? He speaks the truth! He must speak the truth, why else would he keep posting about it?
    Don't worry, I'm still sane, I don't really believe him
    MattMarr: Quantity over Quality

10. Laika Space Bitch Registered Senior Member

MattMarr, Florida doesn't seem an ideal place of residence to me either (though I've never visited), but I don't see the import of your post. Do you think some enormous lie is being perpetrated?

11. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

i think that he is trying to get everyone to go away so he and his little Illuminati friends ( :bugeye: ) can set up base in america

(its all in his mind)

12. dixonmassey Valued Senior Member

Can't stand Florida. It sucks almost as much as NJ, NYC and LA with CA. Crowded like hell, hot+humid (that sure should scare away the old farts with a few brain cells left, but it doesnt), butt ugly, quite poor (if you care to leave tourist attractors). Marketing and brainwashing are #1 American industry for a reason

13. thats it Registered Member

Yep, I live in FL and its not exactly ideal. Of course, the climate blows, but I can deal with it. What is really horrid is the education system and the youth culture here...anti-intellectual to the bone.

14. locomotive Tea me o' mighty teapot Registered Senior Member

And here I thought florida was a paradise to live in except for storms sometimes...thanks.

15. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

So all the retirees are in a state that's likely to be hit by the Age of Superstorms?

Some evil genius' plan to save on Social Security no doubt.

16. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

`
    Perhaps the people blaming shruB II for the advent of the, uh... "Age of Superstorms" (LoL) aren't so far off the mark.

As regards SocSec - If you can't privatize... Euthanize...

17. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

An age apparently coming to an end - at least if you mean private pensions.
    Do 401Ks count as the same thing ?

Most white races ? There's more than one ? There's more than one race period ?
    Lots of old people like it warm. Some go to the Southwest USA for the same reason

Shouldn't it be the Current "Age of Superstorms" ?
    Surely have been big 'uns since there was atmosphere & oceans on earth.

I've visited Florida twice.
    What the devil are those wee lizards all over the place ?
    Anoles ?
    I forget.

18. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Florida kinda sucks, I have to agree with Matt on this one (except for the racism).

19. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

I live in Forida. Moved here from Oregon 20+ years ago.

Florida is different from everywhere else. Which place isn't?

Weather is great. Love the year-round shirt sleeve environment.

Most everyone here is from someplace else. Don't come here for a sense of community.

Hurricanes pass through here every once in a while: A few weeks of sunless trouble a year.

Not even similar to 8 months of rain and overcast skies a year back home.

Did you know that Miami is the rainiest city in the US? 300+ inches a year. More than Seattle -- a depressing city if ever there was one, on many levels. The difference is that the storms blow in on a sunny day, dump a few inches, and then blow out on a sunny day.

Back home the clouds and low intensity rain stay for months.

People who stay indoors for months at a stretch tend to be more sociably oriented.

Down here in the sun it's the human equivalent of Brownian Motion.

Oh, and the real reason that retired persons of wealth choose to sell their Florida real estate and go elsewhere is not about the hurricanes per se.

It's about the insurance companies not being able to afford to write storm/flood damage policies at other than insane premium rates.

If you can't insure your investment, why risk so much?

20. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

21. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

Curly Tails.

Imported from the Bahamas about 30 years ago as an insect control mechanism.

They've also turned out to be a Green Lizard control mechanism, too.

22. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

No its way relaxed.

23. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I'm in Key West. I just leave, when possible, when a hurricane comes my

way. It is very laid back, we don't need intellectualism here. To many

people here now though which is making this place seem very, very crowded

and not the way it was when I first arrived here. Look.....

http://www.fla-keys.com/keywest/