Lioness in zoo kills man who invoked God

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by MrPink, Jun 6, 2006.

1. MrPink Registered Senior Member

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060605/od_nm/ukraine_lion_dc

KIEV (Reuters) - A man shouting that God would keep him safe was mauled to death by a lioness in Kiev zoo after he crept into the animal's enclosure, a zoo official said on Monday.

"The man shouted 'God will save me, if he exists', lowered himself by a rope into the enclosure, took his shoes off and went up to the lions," the official said.

"A lioness went straight for him, knocked him down and severed his carotid artery."

The incident, Sunday evening when the zoo was packed with visitors, was the first of its kind at the attraction. Lions and tigers are kept in an "animal island" protected by thick concrete blocks.

LOL, what a tard.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. c7ityi_ Registered Senior Member

yea.... he should have read the bible, cuz it says: you shall not put the lord your god to a test.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Adstar Valued Senior Member

Yes he should never have put God to a test and the "if He exists" is a dead give away.

Daniel was saved from Lions but Daniel did not jump into the enclosure he was thrown in.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. pavlosmarcos It's all greek to me Registered Senior Member

one less to f**k up the gene pool, and one more darwin award.

8. water the sea Registered Senior Member

Well, we don't know whether God saved the man or not.

*If* the man said *only this* -- "God will save me, if he exists" -- then this is not specific enough. Maybe God did save him -- from Hell, but not from the lion.

If the man did *not* say "God, if He exists, will save me from this lion and this lion will not hurt me", then there is presently no case, as we do not know whether the man is in Heaven, or in Hell, nor did the test show anything about the existence or non-existence of God.

A wasted opportunity. People really should be more specific!

Last edited: Jun 6, 2006
  9. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Then, the man commited suicide, and he will go to hell.

10. water the sea Registered Senior Member

Eh! But the test did not prove anything about God's existence! So we also don't know whether hell exists.

11. Meantime Banned Banned

The test proves that God didn't, or wouldn't, or couldn't, or isn't.

12. water the sea Registered Senior Member

Bah. Such a god and such a test is not good enough for me!

13. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Sure it does, either way, a god did not save the man from the lions or from eternal damnation. The man was not trying to prove hell existed, as a theist, he knew it existed and knew that if he tried to commit suicide, he would go to hell.

14. water the sea Registered Senior Member

But was the man a theist at all?! If he conducted a test to find whether God exists or not?
    A theist *already* believes God exists.

15. Meantime Banned Banned

Hence you couldn't be bothered.

16. Meantime Banned Banned

Why is it that Christians are so demanding? Even of their god?

17. c7ityi_ Registered Senior Member

if a person is true to himself (god), he can pet a lion and it wont eat him. remember, in ancient egypt they used lions to pull their vehicles!!

lions don't like people who are not themselves. lions are true, so they only accept the truth. if "i am what i am", i am god, and a lion wont harm me.

lions are with ra!!

18. he read the last few lines of mark one too many times. they have long been suspected/shown to be a later addition to the gospel, maybe that's why they don't work out.

16-Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. 17 -And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18-they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well."

19. MrPink Registered Senior Member

#16 looks like a big crock of shit to me? You?

20. Gordon Registered Senior Member

There is no scriptural support for the assertion that persons who commit suicide go to hell.

This particular non biblical dogma was devised long after the bible was written by the (totally human) members of the RC church heirarchy as there were too many people deciding it would be nice to escape the unpleasant earth and get off to the literally paradisical heaven.

kind regards

Gordon.

21. to me the whole thing looks like a crock of shit. we are in agreement.
    mr pink is the best resevoir dog, although mr. blonde did give him a run for his money.

22. KennyJC Registered Senior Member

If only all believers in God would jump into a lion pit... hehe... haha... HAHA... HAHWH MWAHAHAHAHAH......

23. Jenyar Solar flair Valued Senior Member

Yep, he just proved that his god didn't exist, or perhaps just confirmed what Jesus told Satan: that we mustn't put God to the test...

The ending of Mark also stated: "20 Then the disciples went out and preached everywhere, and the Lord worked with them and confirmed his word by the signs that accompanied it."

So the signs did accompany those who believed. But it didn't replace the warning Jesus gave. If this man knew the history he might have learned from a few early Darwin Award nominees who made the same mistake:
    1 Cor. 10:5-9 Nevertheless, God was not pleased with most of them; their bodies were scattered over the desert. Now these things occurred as examples to keep us from setting our hearts on evil things as they did. ... We should not test the Lord, as some of them did—and were killed by snakes.​