Eat your peanut shells!!

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Xerxes, May 31, 2006.

1. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

Being the adventurous sort, I thought to myself when confronted with a bag of shelled peanuts: "how to make this situation more interesting?"

So I took a peanut, chewed and ate the whole thing! I then repeated with 12-14 additional peanuts

Note that not only do peanuts taste better when eaten with the shell, but they fill you up, and clean the fuck out of your intestines.

:m:

(This is a serious thread, try it.)

PS: Eat with other food, and don't eat too many, otherwise you'll end up with an obstructed colon..

Last edited: May 31, 2006
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. vslayer Registered Senior Member

what are you talking about? the shells tastes like wood.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Facial Valued Senior Member

Is there nutritional benefit? I'm already trying pear skins.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

I think the shells taste good... I eat the shells, too.

Last edited: May 31, 2006
  8. D'ster Registered Senior Member

Sunflower seeds too.

9. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Kiwi skin is good, too. You can eat the entire kiwi... have nothing left over

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Easy clean up.

10. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

One of the most provocative things I saw happened on a beach 2 years ago. This gorgeous woman came out of the water, sat down in her skimpy bikini and proceeded to eat these hairy Kiwi fruit, skins and all. I just couldn't stop imagining that it were my balls she was chewing...whew!

11. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

Peanut shells make you sterile. No, only kidding, but the latest news from the health front is that eating peanuts with their skins on is good for you. In fact, most fruit and vegetables should be eaten with their skins on and preferably raw.

Dominican likes this.
  12. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Did she have a banana, too?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

No, that was my department!

14. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

When I was down south boiled peanuts were available at a lot of convenience stores, fresh and hot.

15. MrPink Registered Senior Member

I buy the salted peanuts in the shell and eat them whole. This ruins the health benefit but damn they are tasty. How could a billion elephants be wrong...

16. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

Most of them are dead.

17. cato less hate, more science Registered Senior Member

dude, I hope you approached her. that is the perfect reason to go talk to her. just be like "I'm sorry, but I couldn't help but notice that you...(you get the idea)..."

18. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

While I can not agree that with the shells, peanuts taste better I often did exactly the same thing about 60 years ago at highschool football games. The look on people's faces, when they noticed, was worth it. I finally stopped (and recommend you do so also) when I became concerned about the possible pesticides etc. that might be on the shell.

19. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

I was once riding in a compartment of a train in Greece with a family (three kids, mom and dad). After a while, dad bought forth a bag of small nuts I did not recognize. All the family was popping them into their mouths, so when offered some, I did likewise.

They were worse than the whole peanuts to chew. Soon the child seated between parents opposite to me began to laugh and point at me*. Soon all were laughing at me and the father then kindly took a large wad of shells from his mouth for me to see.

I later learned that most Greeks crack a seed that looks quite like the sunflower seed (probably is a type of sunflower) between their teeth and "squirrel away” the shells in their cheeks for quite some time. I still enjoy recalling this event.
    -------------------------------------------
    *I had no idea what she was saying. - It was (literally) all Greek to me.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2006
  20. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

By skin, do you mean the thin reddish skin surrounding the nut itself, or the shell?

In any case I agree with the skin thing.. we humans are very picky eaters.

You make a very good point, but don't peanuts grow underground? Meaning pesticides would be a non-issue..

21. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

"Grow under ground" is correct, but they may be stored for up to a year and dosed several times to kill insects and rats that would otherwise eat them.

22. Tara*Vegan Registered Member

Thank you, I wanted to try eating peanut shells sometime soon. Because I buy raw shelled peanuts, and I do not like shelling a lot of peanuts. I was sure the shells were probably healthy, so I decided I am going start eating them, for added nutrients, and a faster meal. The shells have lots of fiber, and protein. I would chew them well before swallowing, and grow them yourself, buy organic, and rinse thoroughly before eating non-organic shells.

23. Saturnine Pariah Hell is other people Valued Senior Member