Are you unsure about your salvation?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by PetriFB, May 8, 2006.

1. PetriFB Registered Senior Member

http://koti.phnet.fi/elohim/assurance_of_salvation

Are you unsure about your salvation? If you are, so behind the link are some good points for you!

I don't agree with everything what link's writer has written, but there are many good points, which can help you to understand surety of salvation.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. General_Paul Registered Senior Member

Um...wow, alrighty. Was pretty well written by a pseudo-fundie Christian, but that's not the point. What I believe that many Christian writers and preachers have yet to understand is that there are a hell of a lot more religions that offer salvation than just Christianity. Every other faith says that everyone else is wrong, outside of the eastern faiths of Buddhism and parts of Hindu. John 14:2, "In my father's house there are many mansions," and I think Matthew 7:1, "Judge not lest ye be judged" I would have to say to the folk who wrote that article. Assurance of salvation from them according to the bible, and "salvation" according to non-Christians are far different things. Personally, if I had to choose a faith, I think I'd lean towards Buddhism over anything else. In my experiences, it is the only faith on earth that makes sense, god really is just the universe, we live multiple lives, not just one, there is no "quick path" to salvation in life, and in the end, our ultimate goal is the becoming of absolute nothingness, the merger with the universe. Plus, on top of all that, I believe it is Corinthians, they claim that all Christians will judge the rest of the world in the "final days." Well if that's the case, I'll just rot in hell thank you very much.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: I don't think anyone here is concerned about their 'salvation.' The atheists don't need it, and the religionists believe they're already saved in one way or another. So, what exactly is your intent?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Gordon Registered Senior Member

Can we please use some simple logic here. If salvation does not exist, no one needs it or can have it and the whole debate is rather pointless. If on the other hand it does, then I would suggest most (if not all) people need it whether they recognise it or not. Being a 'Religionists' or an atheist may affect their opinion of its existence but it is not relevant to their need of it, should it exist.

This will be so unless you can argue that truth is affected by opinion. Unfortunately such a preimise immediately gives you the same things which are simultaneously true and false. This contravenes the first rule of logic and therefore argument is of course possible but not logical argument.

kind regards to all,

Gordon.

8. marv Just a dumb hillbilly... Registered Senior Member

Why is everybody so worried about what happens after they die?