religious lunacy( mother in texas kills own baby)

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by geeser, Mar 29, 2006.

1. geeser Atheism:is non-prophet making Valued Senior Member

Religious lunacy

a mother in texas cuts of babys arm because she believed she was supposed to "give the baby to God." She's pleaded not guilty by insanity, however the prosecution states, they haven't found her "to be dangerously insane during her treatment." Dr. Zaki who analyzed her, "characterized Dena Schlosser as “delusional and hyperreligious.” He said she told him in May she was staying up nights and reading the Bible, which scared her"

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Dena Schlosser

full article here
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6561617/

Now we have a funny twist to the story.
    Her pastor has claimed that she is mentally insane and that treatment can't help her, only God can.
    Hilarious! it's a belief in god that made her insane in the first place?

cases like this are funny because it illustrates in a dramatic manner exactly how everyone has different conversations with their fanciful god. One persons god is the cause of the problem, another persons god is the solution to the problem.

"Pastor blames demons, not mental illness
    Defense accuses him, husband of downplaying Plano mom's behavior

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/3663101.html
    By THOMAS KOROSEC
    Copyright 2006 Houston Chronicle

MCKINNEY - The pastor of a charismatic Christian church attended by the Plano mother on trial, accused of fatally cutting off the arms of her 10-month-old daughter, told jurors Wednesday that mental illness is really demon possession that cannot be cured with psychiatry or medicine.

"I do not believe that any mental illness exists other than demons, and no medication can straighten it out, other than the power of God," said Doyle Davidson, the 73-year-old minister of the Water of Life Church that Dena and John Schlosser attended several times a week.

full article here
    http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/3663101.html
    By THOMAS KOROSEC
    thomas.korosec@chron.com
    Copyright 2006 Houston Chronicle

one question, why is it always religious nutters that do these things.

thanks RR

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Pi-Sudoku Slightly extreme Registered Senior Member

That could only happen in America, and within America that could only happenin Texas.

Fucking Jews!!!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. stretched a junkie's broken promise Valued Senior Member

Oh boy.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. jax0509 The non-believer Registered Senior Member

wow such hatred but couldnt agree more

8. perplexity Banned Banned

This reminds me of Steven Wade,
    a school friend who lived a few doors down the road, when I was about 9 years old.

He was strangled by his mother, a Christian zealot keen on classical music.

The word was that she said "he had the Devil in him".

At the School they said a prayer then nothing more was ever said of it,
    no big media story, all very quiet.

--- RH.

9. KennyJC Registered Senior Member

It's cases like this that make me laugh when religious people say God is needed to keep society in check. It doesn't surprise me that societies with secular values are healthier.

A literal belief in God and religions like this makes people do crazy things (see America).

10. MadMaxReborn Life Through My Eyes Registered Senior Member

You would have to be completely irrational to believe that it was her belief in God that made her attack her own child. It was her pychological instability, most likely caused from a chemical deficiency or excess, and her inability to treat it.

For her, God is not the problem, mental illness is. For anyone to attribute otherwise is like admitting that you are as irrational as she is.

Max

11. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

What do they expect when God is supposed to have told Moses to kill his son, and he was gonna do it!? Is she any less crazy than that woman from Trading Spouses?

12. KennyJC Registered Senior Member

It is completely rational to kill your children if you beleive the Bible to be the authority of God himself. If the Bible is the word of God, then it is God who is irrational - People like Dena Schlosser are merely doing what they are told.

All who curse their father or mother must be put to death. They are guilty of a capital offense. (Leviticus 20:9 NLT)

Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death. (Exodus 21:15 NAB)

From there Elisha went up to Bethel. While he was on his way, some small boys came out of the city and jeered at him. "Go up baldhead," they shouted, "go up baldhead!" The prophet turned and saw them, and he cursed them in the name of the Lord. Then two shebears came out of the woods and tore forty two of the children to pieces. (2 Kings 2:23-24 NAB)

If even then you remain hostile toward me and refuse to obey, I will inflict you with seven more disasters for your sins. I will release wild animals that will kill your children and destroy your cattle, so your numbers will dwindle and your roads will be deserted. (Leviticus 26:21-22 NLT)

Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes. Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes. For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off. The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows. They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children. (Isaiah 13:15-18 NLT)

I could go on...

13. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

You have a point, KennyJC. I wonder why people don't obey all the strange rules of Leviticus, too.

Max also has a point, crazy people could attach on almost any pretext to act crazy, like sports teams or politics.

14. KennyJC Registered Senior Member

Well so long as we agree that the Bible is crazy. If the Bible is crazy then it stands to reason people who take it literally are (or will become) crazy.

I just find it endlessly funny that the word of God is now illegal. 'True' Christians would find themselves in jail today which is why they must ignore half the Bible, which is an embarrassment to their faith.

15. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

16. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Pi-Sudoku has been banned for 3 days for this offensive, racist comment.

17. that lady from trading spouses gets me every time. people like her are why american society is in decline.

18. PsychoticEpisode It is very dry in here today Valued Senior Member

'Suffer little chidren to come onto me, and forbid them not, for of such is the Kingdom of God.'

In other words little kids who suffer and die will get into heaven because that's the way it is, Sorry. Permission to strap bomb on kid granted.

19. geeser Atheism:is non-prophet making Valued Senior Member

a belief in god, is completely irrational,so can you wonder at it.
    well duh!, indoctrination into religion from birth can have that effect on people.(it's a form of child abuse)
    yes that would not help but the catalyst was the religion.
    no not hers, because she is crazy, but those around her yes, their inability to notice, killed that child (the church and her husband).
    oh yes it is, it's the only problem. she believes with her entire being that god told her to do it, why is that different then what mose thought he heard god or eljah.
    yes for any religious people, it would be admitting their irrationality, well if the cap fits wear it.
    but for any rational clearthinking person, shes a nutter, a fruitloop, a lunatic, any name you wish to call her shes absolutely crazy.

20. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

If her faith encourages her to kill a baby then her faith is completely screwball.
    sound appropriote ( was she a jew or was that just random?)

21. c7ityi_ Registered Senior Member

why do some people hate jews? what are jews? jesus was a jew. i don't understand.

22. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

people hate jews because some of them do stuff like this and kill a baby
    jews arepretty much the same as muslims, they have slightly different beliefs but the fundamental principles are the same
    Yep jesus was a jew, and they killed him, didn't they?

23. jax0509 The non-believer Registered Senior Member

FUCK THE JEWS, there Pi ill take the fall with you against this awful faith