Universal Truths

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by illuminatingtherapy, Mar 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. illuminatingtherapy Initiate of The Universe Registered Senior Member

I have (sort of) developed a concept that I thought would fit in great here;

Universal Truths is philosophical or theoretical facts about humans, life and the Universe. They cannot be disputed by anyone, because they are products of reason and awareness, and doesn't have two or more perspectives. The just are The Truth. You know, The Truth. The factual actuality.

So my point is this: as I am eager to learn anything about everthing, do you have a Universal Truth that you can share about anything? The point being, that it cannot be a product of belief or indoctrination, but The Truth (for the fifth time

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

) and you actually know it. You have realized it through reason and Universal awareness, and it would be useful to know it for anyone, in any situation. I dare you.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. illuminatingtherapy Initiate of The Universe Registered Senior Member

First step towards realizing the truth about anything

The realization of this subject (evoking and realizing the universal, ultimate truth and knowledge in ones mind, but also the simple truth in your daily life, the real intention behind someone’s agenda, or, simply, if your son or husband or wife or friend is lying to you) are of the most profound subjects in the human way of being and thinking, and thus, the realization of the human’s esoteric, philosophical, psychological, theoretical, logical, religious, and spiritual abilities (The Mind’s capabilities. Surely there are more, but I have limited it to this). These are wonderful abilities, but if only viewed externally and not with universal awareness, using these abilities will, most often in any sort of situation, restraint your common sense into things you think you know, but don’t universally know, the perspective you think you see, but don’t universally see (the actual Truth), and it will have the common impact of you not being able to percept the truth when it is presented (or act like a reasonable human being for that matter), in any of it’s infinite variable forms, and act ignorantly, despite of the knowledge of this tiny (or massive?!) universal fact. You may think you know the truth, and relate your perspective on reality and The Truth to that, but it is not for certain that it is a universal fact, until you can judge it critically and reasonable as an aware cosmic being. No one can proclaim to know the truth; I think that would be a lie (this essay CANNOT be considered as Truth, but as guidelines and subject of contemplation. Only you know the truth!), but it is possible to judge a perspective as being the most reasonable alternative, in which the most reasonable knowledge or information is being presented, and act thereafter. (Judgement made upon feelings is not a reasonable judgement, and therefore cannot be claimed to be a “true” judgement, whether you are judging a fact, a person, a religious movement, a political view or anything else).
    On the other side, the key to exposing a lie, whether presented as an optional fact, or as an undisputable fact by someone, lies in the ability to expose ones intention for presenting the “fact or “lie”. (When you are being lied to, you are in general being manipulated, which in itself is a horrible fact. People have various intentions for lying, but any concealing of the truth, is not good. It is merely bad.) But it is also about gaining knowledge of both “sides” of the “truth” presented, because when acknowledging one statement and adapting it as your own, you rule out the other alternatives on the given subject. So, simply, the only reasonable thing to do is to gain knowledge of all alternatives of the subject, and then contemplate over it, with reason and awareness. That is a true judgement, and also, a universal fact, or part of The Truth, if you may.
    The Truth regards all subjects of all matters, and if you aren’t aware of it, they will focus on only certain parts of the reality and the truth, instead of your universal awareness and reason, in a universal perspective, and therefore be damaging for your ability to use your mental capabilities integrated (there are several different parts of your personality and psyche, as you may have discovered, which needs integration, but that’s an entirely different subject) which is an essential part of evolving yourself into a complete, aware cosmic being. There are many things to be said about this subject, and of course everything can be said, that I have not, but as in the regard of all other things of esoteric character, I think, that there is only one perfect approach. (Will be adjusted coherently*). It's out there, among with all other things, and is waiting to be found by someone who is actually looking for it, and knows how and where to look. I, myself, cannot be certain that any of this is True, but contemplating over the subject has presented me with this certain perspective.
    The key, I think, lies in how to interpret the truth and actively extend your knowledge of it. You can extend your opinion of the truth continuously, but how you correspond or react to it is only matter of how you think of it, and how you think of it is only a matter of experience and knowledge. And your knowledge is only a matter of your perception, and your perceptive skills, what you learn, and everything you know (or in many, many cases: what you think or feel you know). It's that what defines who and what you are, if you don't realize it, and change it. You can be who- or whatever you want, and that’s another universal fact. You, and the universal forces, are together limitless. It knows no boundaries, if you don’t let it. From now on, don’t listen to people who tell you what you can’t do, and instead begin experiencing what you can do, your potentials, your talents, your desires, and experimenting with your minds borders, barriers and restraints. And even more important: tell yourself that you can, that you are able to do whatever you want within the boundaries of your physics and reason. Open up yourself, and dig within to see what potential you have, that has been lurking in the dark for so many years, if you until now haven’t realized that it’s there.
    According to my sense of opinion, the most reasonable thing we can do is to extend our knowledge of the truth and of the reality by experiencing as much as possible while being universally aware. Only then can we develop a reasonable understanding of it and extend your way of thinking and your approach to be a part of reality and your possibilities as a cosmic being, accordingly to the universal knowledge that is buried within yourself. From thereon, it’s a lifetime achievement, which will increase throughout your lifetime as an earthly being, and if you manage to retain the conscious perspective of universal awareness, you will become more and more aware of yourself and of any other fragment of your inner Self and The Universe, which we are all part of, not just ones private, little space or sphere, which is the situation you are facing at a daily basis. This awakening can be done if you just desire it enough. Desire to learn and knowledge on how to gain control over your experiences is essential.. That is the first step, I believe, into realizing what there is to realize about The Truth, and everything else that is not the truth. When we have come to the point where The Truth outlines itself naturally, we have reached a level of higher understanding, which can be considered both esoteric, and divine. Note also, that one of the main principles in this philosophy, is that man IS God (or at least kind of). Or that perhaps the global, collective consciousness is, which in fact, we are all a part of. Decide it, which way you will.

Authors note: The Truth concept, as presented here, is the universal facts, something that’s indisputable, that no one can deny, because it is the actual Truth. Regarding on a persons intentions, he or she will twist the truth of a certain subject into something that fits his or hers realization, but that’s not the issue here. So the theme here is “How to interpret The Truth”, when presented to you, whether in form of what someone has told you, something you’ve read, or what you have thought of on your own. Either way, the concept is the same.

* I do not universally know this, but it seems to me like the most reasonable interpretation. So treat this statement with care, and contemplate over it for your own development and understanding of the Universe. I, personally, believe that all things, all that are, has a perfect approach to it, it’s just a matter of finding it, and realizing it. Hopefully.

I wrote this essay a long time ago, and it is far from perfect, but it states some of the issues I'm addressing here. So you see, this essay about truth, was something I had realized about truth, and therefore I considered it Universal Truth at the time. But either way, good or poor written, hopefully you get the general idea.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2006
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Bob the Unbeliever cogito ergo sum Registered Senior Member

What do you mean by "Truth"?

Indeed, the very act of asking, using English Language, will taint any possible answer, as no word has an absolute meaning, but all are relative to each other, the time/place/person writing[speaking]/person reading[hearing]/nationality/etc.

Eisenstein's great theory was called Theory of Relativity, because at it's heart, it postulates that there IS no "absolute frame of reference" to work from, that ALL is relative to position/time/space/velocity of the observer. Change any one of these and the point-of-view changes. This would imply that there cannot (at least in Human Experience) be an Absolute Truth.

To have an Absolute Truth that is self-evident, would it not need to transcend all forms of Language? It can be shown that a persons language(es) has a direct effect on his/her perceptions and modes of thought. This in turn can "color" or bias a person's perceptions of everything around him/her.

Thus your theoretical Absolute Truth would need to be something that is beyond all forms of language, so as to be beyond the bias these languages would have on its perception.

Finally, to be truly Absolute, your Truth would have to transcend Human Experience. That is, it would need to be perceivable to non-humans as well.

I, for one, do not think there is such a concept.

It's a Pretty Idea, but one that cannot be supported with Observation (at least so far).

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. illuminatingtherapy Initiate of The Universe Registered Senior Member

Actually, that's exactly where I'm heading at.

It's only unfathomable if you're convinced it is, and if so, I don't think you actually think you got my point. The Truth I'm speaking of is the knowledge of something that is, nothing else. If you rule out the part of transcending human experience in your statement, you're getting closer to my intent. It has everything to do with teaching and learning. I don't claim to know anything about The Truth, and it is certainly not what this thread was intended for, as there are countless others on that particular subject on this forum.

Do you know the factional, Universal Truth about anything that is, then share please, if not, don't. This goes to those whose actually get where I'm heading at, the rest: please don't reply. I would be happy if we rule out any intellectual arguing on this thread...

8. heliocentric Registered Senior Member

in my short life (25 years) ive realised that desire is futile, you want something...you really really want it! and when you finally get it you realise it wasnt all that it was cracked upto be/you never really wanted it in the first place/or you simply get bored of it and start desiring something else.
    It really is a vicious cycle, and i have no idea how it can be broken or even if its possible to.

9. c7ityi_ Registered Senior Member

all u hav to do is to realize that nothin has to be dun. dont be afraid, just be what u are.

the goal [of evolution] is not somewhere in time, somewhere in the universe, it's in the present moment where nothing exists. from there... everything comes from. it's the first cause.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2006
  10. illuminatingtherapy Initiate of The Universe Registered Senior Member

Finally someone replied.

I think this is a great idea, if some people used, say, 10 - 30 minutes writing a little essay about something they have discovered as truth. Regarding whatever subject, but with information presented which one couldn't argue over. Cause that's what tends to happen if there are even the slightest little bit of doubt in what one's stating.

11. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

The past is behind us.
    No one has lived forever.
    Women tend to look better as your blood alcohol goes up.
    Married men shouldn't say that if their wives read their posts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.