Help Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Earth Science' started by eye_heart_science, Mar 19, 2006.

1. eye_heart_science Registered Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Ok. I am entered in my school's science fair and I am finished my experiment, but I still cannot think of a good name for it. I doubt that this is the appropriate place to post this, but I thought it would work because you all have a passion for science. The experiment is about testing the concentration of carbon dioxide in ambient air, human exhalation, auto exhaust and a mix of vinegar and baking soda. The title of the experiment was Party in the Greenhouse: Bringing the Greenhouse Effect Down to Earth (party because the gasses were held in balloons). But I am not sure that this is a very creative title. If you think it is please tell me, or, if you would like to share some of your creativity, it would be phenomenal if you could suggest a title, even if you think its stupid, because there may be a couple suggestions i recieve that I combine into a title. Thank you SOOO MUCH!

Please repond ASAP. THANX!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Hercules Rockefeller Beatings will continue until morale improves. Moderator

First, let me say that’s a great school science fair project! I hope it went well.

Being a nerd, I have always loved the movie “The Nutty Professor”. Not the lame Eddie Murphy remake, the original and the best with Jerry Lewis. (You are probably too young to even know that Eddie Murphy’s film was a remake!)

There is a line in the film where Professor Julius Kelp is teaching his chemistry class and starts a sentence that is finished by his suave alter-ego Buddy Love.

"To me, carbon dioxide has always been a gas!"

("gas" = "lots of fun", of course. It was the 60’s!)

By the way, make sure you distinguish between natural and man-made greenhouse gasses because the gas primarily responsible (by a very large margin) for the greenhouse effect is water vapor.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

The experiment is about testing the concentration of carbon dioxide in ambient air, human exhalation, auto exhaust and a mix of vinegar and baking soda. The title of the experiment was Party in the Greenhouse: Bringing the Greenhouse Effect Down to Earth.................

hummm....

how about...

'experiments with co2 concentrations in human breath, ambient air, auto exhaust, and numerous chemical sources, and their individual effect on the development of the problems of green house warming on earth.'

or...

'experiments with sources of co2, its many sourses and effects on the earth.'

or..

'the green house effect: a how to guide.'

or..

'experiments with sources of co2, which cause the green house effect.'

or..

'co2? friend? or foe??'

or...

'co2... experiments with its formation on earth.'

or..

'co2.... bad bad stuff.'

or...

'co2? whats co2?'

or...

'co2... and why we should all care.'

or...

'co2... the carbon cycle...the life blood of our planet.'

or..

'co2.. its many sources.'

-there is more.

... LIKE...

'CO2 CONCENTRATIONS ON EARTH.. AND ITS SOURCES OF GENERATION'

-MT

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. eye_heart_science Registered Member

Thanx for the good ideas guys. I like the first post is a great idea, but nobody would get it cuz its a really old movie. The second post has some i really like too. If anyone has any ideas, PLEASE speak up, i don't have much time before I have to submit it. I am looking for something that is catchy, related and a little humourous. For ex. for a project on examining the amount of bacteria on different types of floors, a good title would be The Dirt on Floors. Just trying to help you so you can help me. LOL, thanx much, I really, TRULY appreciate it!

8. Carcano Valued Senior Member

CO...Who?

Short, simple, straight to the point!

9. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

'co2... Friend Or Menace?'

Or...

'co2... I Just Smells Bad.' But Co2 Has No Smell.

Or...

'co2 Has No Smell.'

Or...

'co2... Emeny Or Friend?'

-mt

10. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

How about 'Down to Earth with a bump'

11. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

This is an English expression, ie: when someone is feeling all happy and unrealistic, the reality of the situation when told to them can 'bring them down to earth with a bump'.