Noah's Ark -- Fact or Forgery?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Woody, Mar 12, 2006.

1. Woody Musical Creationist Registered Senior Member

Noah's Ark Web-Page

Welcome to Noah's Ark National Park.

Check out this Video, it's quite impressive:

Short Video Movie of Science Team's Investigation

Longer Video of Details

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

The Park really exists, but what is this supposed ark structure? Is it a geological oddity formed by a lava flow that just happens to match the 300 Egyptian cubit description in Genesis? This structure was recently revealed by an earthquake.

What about the relics -- are they forgeries? I could possibly believe the iron studs, but what about the aluminum work? Are these pictures actually forgeries cooked up by a man of questionable reputation? What about the others on the team and the alignment of the supposed "anchor stones" with the ark?

How about the laminated petrified wood? Can lava cause wood to petrify?

These are the vertical ribs on the side of the formation.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2006
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Woody Musical Creationist Registered Senior Member

More Nice Pics. Kinda quiet around here.

Supposedly 300 Egyptian Cubits in length -- what is it?

Documentation

How about these claims:

It could be a fraud.

What do you think -- gimmickry or science?

Somew say he (Ron Wyatt) was a complete fraud

Last edited: Mar 12, 2006
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. usp8riot Registered Senior Member

Interesting, but none the less, I believe it's a gimmick.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Mythbuster Mushroomed Registered Senior Member

A crater, and all they found is a damn wood.
    A damn wood without digging

Without digging deep. :m:

Chance is very high that some dude put it there.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2006
  8. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

I say, let the scientists do their job.

Do you believe this is Noah's ark, Woody?

9. Mythbuster Mushroomed Registered Senior Member

Let's also not forget the incomprehensible amount of rain that fell over that comical 40 day period...

40 days = 960 hours

Mt. Everest = 29,035 ft

+20 bonus feet (Genesis 7:19)

Divide 29,055 feet by 960 hours...

That's equal to 30.26 feet of rain per hour which also translates to 6.052 inches of rain per minute. Trust me, there was NOBODY pounding on the outside of that ship trying to get in. Why? They were hydraulically pinned to the ground. That's like standing underneath a waterfall that surrounds the entire circumference of the planet.

Let's pretend that Mt. Ararat was the only mountain around and plug our numbers back into it:

40 days = 960 hours

Mt. Ararat = 16,945 ft

+20 bonus feet (Genesis 7:19)

Divide 16,965 feet by 960 hours...

This is now equal to 17.67 inches of rain per hour and 3.5 inches of rain per minute. This is still enough to strip all organic matter from on top of any layer of bedrock.

See? Creationists deserve to be laughed at...

10. Woody Musical Creationist Registered Senior Member

The argument that goes with the flood is that Mt. Everest was not 29K feet in elevation at the time of the flood. Also fossil material can be found on Mt. Everest.

As said before, the majority of the water is proposed to come from the fountains of the deep. Less than 5% of the earth's water is at its surface. Were you aware of that? Perhaps you are too busy laughing to care about this fact.

11. Woody Musical Creationist Registered Senior Member

Probably not Noah's ark.

God doesn't use people with questionable reputation to be his witness -- unfortunately Ron Wyatt falls in this category. I think he had good intentions, but when you look at all his other wild claims involving the ark of the covenant, blood of Christ, etc. it fits a pattern of deception.

You notice that Ron Wyatt is the only one making the claims, and an archaeological find of this importance shouldn't be touched by an amateur. I've been to an archeological excavation. Nothing ticks them (archaeologists)off worse than treasure hunters and the like coming in and disturbing the site.

Ther are plenty of trustworthy archaeologists that would be willing to do this site. I watched in horror as Ron and his taxi driver scraped away the rib timbers.

In summary-- it's probably a creationist's equivalent of piltdown man.

12. Sock puppet path GRRRRRRRRRRRR Valued Senior Member

13. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

Its good that woody appears to agree that Wyatt was a con artist and woody has already provided a link to the TentMaker website, but here are some specific links that those that might be interested can check.

I provide them because sciforums topics are so easily googled and the gullible tend to find their way here. Its good that the info is available.

The site is a geologic feature called a syncline. http://www.csun.edu/~vcgeo005/bogus.html

More detailed page of the one Woody already linked to that disputes the late Ron Wyatt's claims: http://www.answersingenesis.org/creation/v14/i4/report.asp

-- http://www.tentmaker.org/WAR/HasNoahsArkBeenFound2.html (I couldn't resist the emphasis on "ophiolite").

http://www.tentmaker.org/WAR/BaumgardnerLetter.html

Ron Wyatt: just another asshole who was trying to make a buck and get his 15 minutes. The Ron Wyatt Archaeological Research website is still taking donations! http://www.tentmaker.org/WAR/index.html

A Great Christian Scam - A christian speaking out against the obvious con-job that Wyatt perpetrated and others are continuing use as they defraud the gullible. Favorite quote from that site:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2006
  14. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Neither, it's mythology
    which is written in the language of poetry not prose.
    Religious christian folk bang their heads against a metaphor thinking it to be fact.

15. Laika Space Bitch Registered Senior Member

I love this quote from the arkdiscovery.com site:
    I wonder how Noah refined the aluminium ore. Electrolysis?

16. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Mount Everest, like the rest of the Himalayas, rose from the floor of the ancient Tethys Sea. The range was created when the Eurasian continental plate collided with the Indian subcontinental plate about 30 to 50 million years ago. Eventually the marine limestone was forced upward to become the characteristic yellow band on the top of Mount Everest. Beneath the shallow marine rock lies the highly metamorphosed black gneiss (foliated, or layered, rock) of Precambrian time, a remnant of the original continental plates that collided and forced up the Himalayas.

The sea didn't rise, the mountain did. Not because god wished for it, but because two tectonic plates collided and pushed the himalayas upwards towards the blue sky. No, god didn't make the sky blue.

You seem to think woody that if we disprove one aspect of the Noah story you can happily move on to the next one. NO... woody...NO. If one aspect is impossible the whole story is impossible. Logic... woody...Logic...it is your best friend.

17. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

Since this is pseudo-archaeology, I propose that the topic be moved to the Pseudoscience sub-forum where it can be properly addressed.

18. Woody Musical Creationist Registered Senior Member

You missed it.

19. Woody Musical Creationist Registered Senior Member

Spurious said,

As I said before, if I can believe the supernatural, then the impossible becomes possible. How about christ being resurrected from the dead?

20. Woody Musical Creationist Registered Senior Member

whatever, I don't really care where it goes -- religion forum or otherwise.

21. c7ityi_ Registered Senior Member

Why did they collide? Why did they move in the first place, what causes them to move? Also, they couldn't collide without the magnetic energy within matter, so what causes that energy?

In the end, when you dive deep enough, you'll realize that "god did it".

22. KennyJC Registered Senior Member

That is like saying "How does the cyborg in Terminator 2 change shape?"... BECAUSE ITS FICTION.

23. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I think people just don't want to give up the idea of God, even if empirical investigation reveals that there is nothing for Him to do.