Do god use logic?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Semon, Mar 11, 2006.

1. Semon Howdy, hi and hello. Registered Senior Member

If he don't use logic, what does he use?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. usp8riot Registered Senior Member

Only God knows but I would guess he does. He is logic. He obeys His own rules of logic. Take a math problem for instance. Me and you just go along with whatever sums we come up with and discover as we go. While I think He is the problem itself. Take the equation of pi, for instance. You can keep going and going and we never know what it's going to come up with yet it always follows a path. It may seemingly be random or discernable to us but it is not random in that it is known or will always be known that the equation itself, or that which knows where it's going. It may seem like the universe has unknown functions or seemingly illogical sometimes but it follows a function or a path which will always be predictable by the one on the forefront but not always known where it's going in man's point of view of the universe. I don't know, maybe you get it, but that's just my take on it.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2006
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. geeser Atheism:is non-prophet making Valued Senior Member

does a invisible pink unicorn use logic, does a piece of paper use logic, does fresh air use logic, how longs a piece of string.
    sorry but thats a very silly question.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Adstar Valued Senior Member

Wisdom.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

8. Mythbuster Mushroomed Registered Senior Member

A god outside logic cant create space, a god out side logic dont exist so he need to create existence in order to exist.

9. scorpius a realist Valued Senior Member

please explain ... WHAT is god?

10. Spectrum Registered Senior Member

11. Arete Guest

When you ask If God uses logic you are thinking of him as a person. The way I see it is that in his divine nature certain human concepts such as logic don't apply to him. God does not require logic when judging a soul b/c he sees straight into a persons heart and what they truely are as a human being.
    But then again it is impossble to answer a question like this b/c there is no way of knowing what it is going on in God's mind.

12. usp8riot Registered Senior Member

Just to separate our beliefs here, Arete. You may see God as more human-like. I guess I do in certain aspects but take a look around, that's how I see God. In all we do, and all we see. Look at the universe, it is Him and we are Him. It is us, the universe, etc which are all a part of God. God says we are His children. Just as a child is a part of the parent, or has the genetical makeup of a parent, so we are and the universe, makeup part, or all of God. We are a part of Him, yet separate in a way, just as Jesus was. Just my 2 cents.

13. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

God doesn't exist, but if he does, he apparently does not use logic. If he used logic, we wouldn't be irrationally killing each other, now would we? If he used logic, existence would've ran a lot smoother than it has.
    Nay, there is no god. Gods are only a delusion, man's invention, to explain things he could not explain which we now can.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2006
  14. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Us.