Another shining example of US global irresponsibility

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Brian Foley, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Brian Foley REFUSE - RESIST Valued Senior Member

TRANSLATION :

Dear Iraqi people

We in America set Iraq up to be attacked in 1990 , and by Christ we bombed Iraq so bad that we turned your nation into a carpark lot .

Then we Americans for the next 13 years starved Iraq and strangled its lifeblood under a medieval siege in which 1.5 million innocent Iraqi human beings died .

Next we Americans in 2003 under false pretences launched an agressive invasion of Iraq sending that nation into complete infrastructural chaos .

Thanks to us Americans Iraq now teeters on a bloody vicious civil war that we Americans provoked .

Yes it was us Americans that got Iraq into this mess ; but it's the responsibility of the people of Iraq to get itself out of this mess .

Yours sincerly
    Donald . J Rumsfeld

US secretary for mass murder and war crimes

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Is it a prerequisite that America must trade with every single country in the World? Do we HAVE to trade?

One would have thought that as the ME had gotten along a few millennia before America was founded that they could get along 10 more years without Amercia`s assistance?

Anyway, you neglected to mention that Northern Iraq, under the responsible governance of the Kurds, had done well during those 10 years of "sanctions". And also that the tribal overly religious ME has been killing slaving and starving one another for the last 10000 years. WAS that the fault of the US too? If not, then why is it you expect the ME people to suddenly stop killing, slaving and starving one another now? Its part of their culture.

I think you are mistaken as to the extent that the US really effects change in the ME. Most of the ME is as it has been for 5000 years.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I would think invading a country constitutes an 'influence'.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

We aren't talking about the last 10000 years....we are talking about today....and today Iraq is facing Civil War and can blame almost all of its problems on meddling superpowers or even hyperpowers such as the British Empire that set it up in the first place.

8. Brian Foley REFUSE - RESIST Valued Senior Member

Who is talking trade here ? Im talking about the US imposing sanctions on Iraq that prevented Iraq trading for life vitals .
    Not when its Americas mess they have to clean up .
    Yet Kurds still died under the sanctions , not as much as the South because the US was bombing the South on a daily basis .
    No I am simply expecting the US to stop killing and enslaving the people of the M.E NOW !!!!
    You are correct on hindsight conditions are worse under America .
    Yeah , having to invade a country to influence it , shows clearly that the US is at the nadir of its global influence .
    It is set to get worse .

9. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Don’t get me wrong, its plainly obvious the US is in Iraq to ensure they get as much oil as they can get … paying the least. Unfortunate, for the US, it didn’t work out that way huh? Or did it? I don’t know, where’s Iraq’s oil going?

Either way yes I agree that it was and is wrong of the USA to have invaded. I think that Saddam was the rightful ruler and he should by law be reinstated as ruler and we should leave.

However, that aside, the sanctions were voluntarily. Any country could have traded with Iraq. They chose not to because of pressure from the US. Well my question is: Does the USA have to trade with Iraq? Does the USA have to trade with countries that trade with Iraq? Is that the law? Iran must trade fairly with Israel?

Also, yes I agree that Iraq is a country that was created by the English and before them the Ottomans and before them the Arabs and before them the Greeks/Byzantine and before them the Romans and before them the Macedonians and before them the Persians and before them …. Lets face it, the area has been feuding and killing and slaving and praying to various gods forever. This little blip in history called the American invasion will be soon forgotten.

Summary:
    Yes we were wrong to invade
    Yes we should leave.
    Yes Saddam is being railroaded and should be reinstalled as ruler.
    No we don’t need to trade with anyone. And as Americans vote for their leaders then it was the will of America not trade with Iraq or anyone else, whatever the consequences.
    And Northern Iraq did fantastic under those sanctions. I mean fantastic. They have grocery stores that look exactly the same as a grocery store in the US. Barcode scanners and all. Much better than when under Saddam.

Lastly, if it were up to me we would have traded. I also think we should let Iran have nuclear weapons and we should feed the North Koreans. But that`s just me. I feel sorry for the people. I probably grew up as poor as some of them. I doubt their governments could do much to negatively effect my life. Actually the crap polititians in my own country probably have a more negative impact on my life than Iraqis, Iranians or the NK could ever hope to have!

And that’s always been the point in having “Axis of Evils” hasn’t it?

Michael

10. OliverJ Banned Banned

America enslaving and murdering people in the ME...

Bahahauahuahauhauhauahuahauhauha

Your right the savages to a fine job of it themselves !!

Where the fuck were people like you when Sodumb was doing the exact same thing ?

No where. Not a fucking peep from the likes of you.

Fucking hilarious. Amazing...yes.. mind boggling ...yes... but mostly fucking hilarious.

11. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

So does that argument of yours suddenly make the US invasion OK or something OliverJ?

"They've been fighting for years so it's fine if we just slide on in and who cares about tens of thousands of women and children worth of collateral damage. Hell they fought a war once! They have no human rights now! Nook eye-rack!"

Idiot.