Criss Angel MindFreak..?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by dagr8n8, Mar 4, 2006.

1. dagr8n8 Registered Senior Member

Hey has anyone ever seen this show? well i hadn't until my dad said it was really good. He said it was very convincing and that i should watch it. so i did and i have absolutely NO idea how he dose what he dose.. any one have any speculation on this matter?

-Nate

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

http://www.ellusionist.com/order/Criss-Angel-Levitation-DVD.htm?cat={CATEGORY%20ID}?source=google

It's a trick and you can buy the equipment needed to do it, see link above.

"The explanation of Criss Angel's most talked about demonstration - Self Levitation - as created by Criss Angel (inspired by a Jacob Spinney concept) and performed by Criss Angel on his critically acclaimed A&E television series MINDFREAK.

Criss teaches everything you need to know about this modern day miracle; step-by-step instructions on the method, how to construct it (gimmick materials needed can be purchased locally for approximately $125) and how to perform it. "

I myself can do a levitation trick for spectators at close proximity, looks like I'm about 6 inches off ground, no equipment neccessary. I have done it live for colleagues at work and they really believed it! It's an illussion, and the magicians 'trick is more advanced version.

I can post details of how to do it yourself if you are interested but may be hard to figure out how to do it via a message board! Maybe if you do a search under magicians and levitation the details will show up.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. dagr8n8 Registered Senior Member

oh yes i have know about this "trick" i had found a video on the net. but on his othere acts or tricks, do you think that the audience is staged ?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

8. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

Here's a link u may find helpful explains all kinds of levitation, not all tricks, very cool site

http://www.ellusionist.com/Levitation.htm?source=google

9. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

Magic these days is combination of 'tricks' with props, staged audience members, etc, but they also harness things which people believe to be fictitious so audiences are actually more gullible in believing they are fabulous tricks. For example telepathy and implanting thoughts is possible, so when a street magician performs 'a trick' using the techniques of telepathy, its hugely successful and people ponder at the wonderous trick, but for those who use telepathy and such things, its no trick, its a technique that can be learned.

10. dagr8n8 Registered Senior Member

yea it dose thanks alot

11. seekeroftheway Let go your conscious self... Registered Senior Member

The one "trick" I really loved wasn't a trick, the episode where he was able to call upon the chemicals in the body that usually lie dormant until a sudden surge of emotion(IE Fear for oneself or for someone you love), by sheer willpower. He ripped a palm tree out of the ground and lifted a taxi cab up over his head.