Thread: 95% of men have a sexual need for other men

Registered Senior Member
    The importance of male-male bonds in mammals

The discovery channel showed a programme on wolves who were after a group of red-oxen.

It was a herd of male red-oxen. Most male oxens, like other mammals live together in male groups. These groups also has adolescents. This particular group had three adult and one adolescent male oxen.

The wolves were after the young adolescent. But the other males guarded him like anything. They never left his side for once, and whenever the wolves tried to attack the young, the other males became belligerent. It was a very tense situation which continued for hours, but in the end the wolves had to give up.

Some days later the wolves found a group of females with a young male adolescent (who was perhaps not old enough to be shifted to the male group. The wolves chased them, but the female group was unable to protect the young male. When the wolves cornered the young male, the mother chose to run along with the female herd. The young male was shred to pieces by the wolves.

Male bonds are indispensable for men. Without sexuality the bonds will not be an iota of their natural potential.

Registered Senior Member
    The heterosexual male in mammals

Amongst mammals the male lives in male herds and forms deep male bonds. This way it also gets emotional and physical protection. But the male closer to heterosexuality (who is unable to bond with the males) lives a lonely life. He roams about on his own and is extremely vulnerable to attack from other animals. Males closer to heterosexuality have a very short life span in the wild and are extremely insecure.

Registered Senior Member
    Depriving men of herding instinct

Without his inclusion in the man’s ‘herd’, the masculine gendered male who owns up his sexual need for men is isolated and made vulnerable like the lone ‘heterosexual’ adolescent or adult male in the wild.

But this is not the natural destiny of masculine gendered men.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha1
    Males closer to heterosexuality have a very short life span in the wild and are extremely insecure.
    How true. I hold regular counselling sessions for the male rabbits that live in my field.

I ran over a heterosexual squirrel the other day with my bicycle. It ran straight for my tires. I think it had enough of seeing confident and longliving homosexual squirrels all day and thought my tire might resolve its predicament.

It didn't. It squeeled like a little insecure heterosexual squirrel and ran on.

Registered Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophiolite
    How true. I hold regular counselling sessions for the male rabbits that live in my field.
    O.K. this statement needs to be looked into more. But it is not completely off the mark.

This post was actually written months ago, and I have some new information now (which I'll share one of these days), and it seems there are some other cases of males that are closer to heterosexuality.

The statement above holds true for the mammalian species where males and females live totally separate lives (e.g. the elephant). The 'heterosexual' males live alone on their own since they can't be a part of either the male or the female group. It is for this reason that they are insecure and not looked after. Like when an enemy strikes.

In the example of the ox given above, you can imagine the fate of a lone 'heterosexual' red-ox when he is confronted by a pack of hungry wolves.
    Last edited by Buddha1; 04-24-06 at 02:33 PM.

The 'heterosexual' males live alone on their own
    How lonely that must be.

Cricetulus griseus leninus Communist Hamster's Avatar
    Buddha1, why do you think that heterosexuality negates the ability of males to have deep platonic relationships?

Registered Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Communist Hamster
    Buddha1, why do you think that heterosexuality negates the ability of males to have deep platonic relationships?
    My experience of working with men and of my reading and observation on the issue suggest that in any deep bond between two strangers there is always an element of sexuality. When it is from one side only or it is suppressed it becomes platonic.

How many deep friendships between men do you find in the heterosexual west? The last time they were celebrated were in the 1950s and 60s when male to male sexuality still existed 'unhomosexualised' in the mainstream, although behind a social facade.

How many men in the west will die for their male friend and will proudly assert so? How can you be emotionally close to another man if you are scared to touch him? .....if you're always on the guard about what is the appropriate limit of physical and emotional intimacy between men --- which is too narrow in the heterosexual west?

You cannot share your personal space and live your entire life with a person you have no sexual comfort with. It works the same way with animals. It is clear now that sexual bonds are the main bonding element between males in male only packs. There can be few other reasons for a male to leave the comfort and safety of this pack to live a lonely life than that he cannot spend the rest of his life with another male/ males. Since he cannot be with females, he has no other option but to live alone and seek out the female in the mating season.

Registered Senior Member
    You cannot share your personal space and live your entire life with a person you have no sexual comfort with.
    In fact the entire focus of the heterosexual society is on forcing a sexual comfort level between males and females to make heterosexuality possible. That is why the heterosexual society needs continous and extensive censoring, propaganda and sexual pressures. Because men and women do not naturally carry that 'sexual comfort' with each other --- beyond that periodic short term sexual escapades meant for procreation.

My experience of working with men and of my reading and observation on the issue suggest that in any deep bond between two strangers there is always an element of sexuality.
    what is a "deep bond between strangers"

when i meet a man for the first time i NEVER wonder what its like to have his dick in my ass
    of all the men that i know i NEVER fantasize about having sex with them.

you may not be a sexual queer but you are definatly mentally queer

Quote Originally Posted by buddha1
    You cannot share your personal space and live your entire life with a person you have no sexual comfort with.
    In fact the entire focus of the heterosexual society is on forcing a sexual comfort level between males and females to make heterosexuality possible. That is why the heterosexual society needs continous and extensive censoring, propaganda and sexual pressures. Because men and women do not naturally carry that 'sexual comfort' with each other --- beyond that periodic short term sexual escapades meant for procreation.
    Talking to yourself????

Registered Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by leopold99
    what is a "deep bond between strangers"
    I meant bond between unrelated people, i.e not between mother-son, father-son, or siblings.

when i meet a man for the first time i NEVER wonder what its like to have his dick in my ass
    What does it matter whether you want dick in your ass or a woman's finger up yours? It's more dignified to be fucked by a man than be fucked by a woman.

of all the men that i know i NEVER fantasize about having sex with them.
    .....and?

you may not be a sexual queer but you are definatly mentally queer
    If I'm not heterosexual I can't be queer.

What does it matter whether you want dick in your ass or a woman's finger up yours? It's more dignified to be fucked by a man than be fucked by a woman.
    One would make you homosexual, the other heterosexual.

Registered Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spuriousmonkey
    One would make you homosexual, the other heterosexual.
    Yawn!!!!!

*gasp*

Ok, it ain't exactly dignified to be fucked up the ass by a woman, but the obvious difference is that you don't have a mans seed slopping around in your ass when all is said and done..

One other difference could be that one scenario is exciting and the other rape. It depends on the person which one is what.

[QUOTE=Buddha1]
    From 90% to 100% same-sex activities have been reported amongst mammals.
    here i detect your pattern of misunderstanding.
    The 90%-100% number may be possible in terms of species, but not in terms of INDIVIDUALS, and I have yet to see any evidence of this. I have seen one number brought up a number of times by different people discussing this idea on the internet - 450 species have exhibited this behavior, out of at least 1,000 to 3,000
    species.

you say this -
    According to Bruce Bagemihl, Biologist and wild life researcher, Giraffes have 94% and Bonobos 100% of males who indulge in sexual activities with other males. I have presented accounts of various other mammals from his book "Biological exuberance".
    NO. the following is from http://www.abc.net.au/cgi-bin/common...es/default.htm

Quote Originally Posted by abc.net
    Primates especially engage in complex homosexual relations. Over thirty species of primate have been documented engaging in same-sex coupling, some forming long-term bonds.
    There are 190-350 accepted species of primate. So even if those 30 species were 100% nondiscretionary in their sexual behaviour (which they are not), there would be an approximate 10% - 20% rate of this behavior in primates.

Quote Originally Posted by abc.net
    Bonobos use sex to dissipate aggression and maintain social cohesion. Not only are more than 50% of their sexual interactions same-sex, between both females and males, but same-sex coupling also tends to last longer.
    50%. Read the statistic. NOT the 100% you claim.
    Regarding the sheep - 8-10% of sheep participate in those acts, NO AMOUNT of juggling words will change that.
    Lions = 8%
    Wild horses live in male/female groups AND all male groups, with intense competition between males to keep their female harems for themselves. The "loser" horses stay in the bachelor groups. If you want to compare humans and horses you have a serious problem on your hands explaining that human homos are the lower rung on the evolutionary ladder.

I have analysed the behaviour of a small percentage of mammalian males who do spend lives with the female group rather than the males --- who own 'harem' of females. Ophiolite was a party to that discussion. We configured that roughly 12% of males live with females in these harems. The rest spend their time in male only groups. We have already found out about widespread sexual activity amongst males in these groups.
    The numbers you make up about how many males live with females are unacceptable conjecturing.

I have presented a horde of other logical reasoning that points to the fact that the majority of mammals may not be heterosexual (as per the western definition of the term). E.g. they don't live in 'heterosexual' groups, nor do they form male-female long term bonds, nor do they have non-reproductive heterosexual sex.
    No pointing is allowed, your reasoning is bad, you misuse the numbers to create your fallacious idea.
    You make up numbers about what you think the amount of nondiscretionary sexual behavior is, and look away from the documented numbers.

My numbers show that a more realistic amount of mammalian nondiscretionary sexual behavior would occur in about 10% of the population.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhudda1
    The 'heterosexual' males live alone on their own
    Quote Originally Posted by spuriousmonkey
    How lonely that must be.
    It's not as lonely as being alone amongst others. Just ask Bhudda1.

well buddha for starters it would determine if i am queer or not
    whether you want to admit it or not there is a difference between a mans dick and a womans finger